The Rarity Trade Guide

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

x

Postby skyline » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:47 pm

awesome! i really can't wait to see the progress of this list!
nicky - she - exhausted lesbian goth
IX.VI.MMXXII / IX.XI & XII MMXXIII
code shopx bbcode help
skyline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Rarity Trade Guide

Postby Mozzy. » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:08 pm

moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asvoria » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:44 am

I personally like the "tiers by years" guide by Zetirian.
It is a very flexible construct and can be adapted as soon as another rarity overhaul hits CS or even if just one UR drops in rarity for a short amount of time. I think that the Rares List was restricted in it's accuracy by the ability of people to adapt quickly. So if one would look for a new way to sort things, then anything that is straightforward and easy to re-sort is good.
On the other hand, I also see the problems lil rascal mentioned regarding newer URs and that they would be placed "lower" simply because they are newer. So how about we mix that up a bit? Maybe a system that sorts URs into their respective rarity group like Mozzy. did.
So we'd have an OMGSR UR group, an VR UR group and a fluctuating UR group. We'd have to agree on a sort of threshhold and determine the time at which a fluctuating pet can be called a "stable" OMGSR or VR. Within the respective groups, an order according to how many years each pet exists and stayed in a similar value. I think that would bring us close to Solloby's order but with less tiers and easier trading I suppose.
Would love to hear what you think about that c:

As for Store pets, I personally always thought that they were too exclusive (well they aren't really that hard to get nowadays as they were in the past) to be thrown into a group with all "free to adopt" pets. They deserve their own order just like the URs do.
I would also suggest that the value of store pets themselves are determined in C$ value. It is the only way to buy them and the only actual known worth, so why not use it to bring up a system?
As for example, let's start with this months newly released store pets.
We know the set costs 70, but the adult lions are 20 C$ each. The set exclusive pet has an unknown value that tends to be higher than the other set pets as sets are more expensive and although it would be cheaper to buy four pets, most users don't have so much C$ to spend and go for a single pet instead. What do we obtain from this information? The pets that can be single bought have a value around 10-20C$, whilst the set exclusive must be worth more. If we were to agree on a standardized C$ worth for such 5-pet-with-one-exclusive sets (that are quite frequent), then we would have a good starting base. We wouldn't have to argue about the value of store pet sets that come without a set exclusive, as one can just divide their set price by four and then you'd have a price range (set price divided by set pet numbers in C$ to price paid for one single pet in C$).
It is also commonly agreed that store pets become more valuable as they are unavailable in the store. As soon as the new store pet set is released, the older set will face a jump in value, as I doubt that someone would straight swap and previous for a new store pet set. We would also have to discuss about the value jump, that is added to the previously determined price for each store pet and can be quickly added each time a new store pet set comes out.
That is a rather mathematical but sort of easy way to determine any store pet worths of recent store pets (I'm talking until 2012/11 maybe). After that, especially for older sets, the same technique could technically be used with their specific set price and an agreed on added price to demonstrate their value (eg. 100C$ addon as pet could only be bought when C$ were not tradeable). I'm not sure what sort of prices would be calculated this way, one should try out and see. I assume that they will be sort of similar to the previous C$ list prices.
I know this sounds really weird so far but I could demonstrate it in an excel doc if you were interested.
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:07 pm

I think there’s a few options you could put together. When I suggested the tier by years idea, it was actually based off Tiers by rarity change and separation of UR and store pets idea. So maybe it could be set up like that because I love that idea. I love the separation of UR pets and Store pets from the older rare pets.

I would also probably do a poll for the options too, just to see what the community feels is the better option going forward.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:04 pm

May I ask why the UR pets are being treated differently than julies? I just feel like the difference between these sorts of pets is basically nothing, considering for both the only supply are the rereleases (the veeeery few july 2008s are negligible, when's the last time you saw a TD Moonswirl? They might as well be 2008 URs). I just don't see why the highest value pets can't all be together?

The store pets I do get though, that's an entirely different method of obtaining and a completely different collection.

Asvoria wrote:As for example, let's start with this months newly released store pets.
We know the set costs 70, but the adult lions are 20 C$ each. The set exclusive pet has an unknown value that tends to be higher than the other set pets as sets are more expensive and although it would be cheaper to buy four pets, most users don't have so much C$ to spend and go for a single pet instead. What do we obtain from this information? The pets that can be single bought have a value around 10-20C$, whilst the set exclusive must be worth more.

Not sure if my input is helpful, but as someone who buys and sells a lot of pets, the market price seems to be as follows (these are the highest prices that I am consistently able to sell store pets as):
- current store pets that can be bought as singles: 17 C$
- current set exclusives: 35 C$
- just retired single store pets: 21 C$
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amarok. » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:57 am

eyyy, finally a list i can get behind. i've been around for nearly eight years and i never managed to get more than a couple of "low" mainlists. not sure if that's user error or a sign the system was broken, but to save just a shred of my dignity we'll pretend it's the latter. not sure i'll be of much use here but i'll be following and throwing my 0.0002 cents in where i can, ahah.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────
back after a long/involuntary hiatus! bear with me while i get my bearings again.
my pronouns are she/they.

i left a lot of stuff here unfinished and can't remember most of what i was up to.
please feel free to shoot me a dm over on discord at amar#8393. my inbox here
is still swamped and i'm a little too intimidated to go wading through it

─────────────────────────────────────────────────

amarok.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:22 am

I'd love to see them sorted using tiers by rarity change and separation of Store pets.
I'd like them sorted based on rarity change because for me that's the most reliable way of telling how rare a pet is. Sorting them by year doesn't take into consideration how many of a certain pet were adopted, how rare they are and how many were rereleased.
It's also way harder to find out when a pet had a rarity change than it is to check the archives and see the year and rarity of a pet so a rarity change based list would be way more useful (in my opinion).
I'd also like to see the store pets separated from the other pets because they are released differently, they will never be rereleased and tend to have really high demand. Putting them with the other pets might make their demand spike up even more and cause more issues in the economy.
I don't personally mind the URs being put with other pets.
Also wouldn't it be better to set up a poll? This way it would be easier for you to check the final results and more people would voice their opinions!

Postby Sa⸸an » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:21 pm

Support. I hate list concepts period. But anything to correct the misinformation lists cause.
I'm quit Chickensmoothie, I have given my pets away to a friend. Thanks for the memories everyone!
Sa⸸an

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Umireef » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:36 pm

The more list options for players, the better! <3 it's never good to have to be stuck with one ^^

Umireef

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neoncherry64 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:02 am

Umireef wrote:The more list options for players, the better! <3 it's never good to have to be stuck with one ^^

This thread is quite old, and not being updated. we actually have a completely rarity based list here if you are looking for one! Since that is what this thread was trying to achieve.

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4470908
Neoncherry64

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me