(Easter 2021) Pet/item/GUPPS design archive Discussion

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Advent update | Pet/item/GUPPS design archive Discussion

Postby bark » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:17 am

Dembai wrote:Reverse PPS or "RPPS" for short.

I wonder what that pink dog is? It seems like a halloween pet? Oh! Found it!

2015 Halloween pet by Yagmur.

I like the name idea, RPPS sounds great! C: I'll put up a poll once we hear from others, so there's more choices to pick from in a poll!
Thanks for documenting!! <3

bostonlobstah wrote:The fox was based off of this one from Christmas ‘17

Thank you! (I honestly like how they had it laying on the scarf instead of it wearing it <3)

Edit: Last one:

Original
(Valentine's day 2014)

PPS version:

You guys are more than welcome to sound off name suggestions, and put support on suggestions!
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dembai » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:44 pm

I know I suggested RPPS, but I also was thinking about characters that age in reverse, and the one that is most common is Merlin.

So "Mini-Merlin Syndrome" or "MMS" could work too. (or Mini-Me Syndrome)

Or "Second Childhood Syndrome" or "SCS"

Or reflecting EPPS (Early PPS), LPPS --> "Late PPS"
TIP: Put pets you don't want to trade into a locked group to prevent unwanted trades!

He or She/Disabled/Artist
Dembai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby obsceneSymphony » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:56 pm

Oooo, I like Mini-Merlin Syndrome. My suggestion is retrograde Peter Pan syndrome, to have a term with a more easily guessed meaning (since it’s clear that it’s a type of PPS and that it’s not the reverse/opposite of PPS, but a regression to PPS from a grown pet).
Back at CS again!
♥: food animal medicine, access to care, welfare, ecology, bugs, lifting
MHA, DC, RvB, Homestuck, Discworld, Area X, Star Trek
Eve \ adult \ she or he \ DVM student

ImageImage Image
obsceneSymphony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:28 pm

Dembai wrote:I know I suggested RPPS, but I also was thinking about characters that age in reverse, and the one that is most common is Merlin.

So "Mini-Merlin Syndrome" or "MMS" could work too. (or Mini-Me Syndrome)

Or "Second Childhood Syndrome" or "SCS"

Or reflecting EPPS (Early PPS), LPPS --> "Late PPS"

Thank you so much for the suggestions, they're all so good MMS sounds really cute!
Only one I feel it won't fit is the SCS, since the pets we've relieved are from those who actually didn't have any growth stages. If pets do get released that have growth stages, it unfortunately still wouldn't fit :c It's a great idea, I thank you for making that one! <3

obsceneSymphony wrote:Oooo, I like Mini-Merlin Syndrome. My suggestion is retrograde Peter Pan syndrome, to have a term with a more easily guessed meaning (since it’s clear that it’s a type of PPS and that it’s not the reverse/opposite of PPS, but a regression to PPS from a grown pet).

I can add that to the masterlist of suggestions! <3 I like that idea!

I think we have enough suggestions to where I can set up a poll to have the community vote. I updated the front page about the naming procedure, I'll set up the poll around Tuesday the latest. (Because of little free time due to the holidays)

It also looks like we got another litter of these guys, please do post your findings and links here! I can't post images due to being away from home, but once all have been found it will be added in the official archive.
Last edited by bark on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joke's On You » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:50 pm

Image Image Jungle Event 2018
Image Image Halloween 2014
Image Image Halloween 2016
Image Image Halloween 2017
Image Image Halloween 2011
Image Image Halloween 2018
Image Image April (Fool's) 2015
Image Image Halloween 2014
Image Image Christmas 2008
Image Image Christmas 2013

Findings taken from: ZEL

Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:01 pm

I don't know if you've seen these, but there are wiki guides here (non-GUPPS advent "familiar" pets 2009-2013), here (2014-2017), and here (GUPPS) that ZEL compiled that might help ^^

ZEL also often matches up all familiar pets (GUPPS, non-GUPPS) in all events within 24 hours (they've consistently been super active during all events it's honestly kinda terrifying and "24 hours" is really more like "2 hours"), so if you stalk their posts then you'll get all your "what pet is this" answers xD

Edit: Are you going to place the RPPS/MMPPS/LPPS/etc in the main posts of the archive? I mean I guess you could argue that all of the posts in the archive should be in the main posts since they're all "pets based off of an existing pet" lol (except for "Other Designs" and the lost siblings/additional outcomes/etc pets) but I wouldn't be surprised if these new guys go into the main posts. ZEL noted that this Advent 2013 pony
already had a GUPPS haha so I think it would be strange to see the RPPS/LPPS/etc not listed along with the GUPPS
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ADVENT POLL | Pet/item/GUPPS design archive Discussion

Postby bark » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:19 pm

Joke's On You wrote:-snip-

Findings taken from: ZEL

Thank you so so much! I just got home, once the official cs archive posts the litter, it'll be added in the official archive.

A new poll has been added, please read the front page and the link in the poll provided! <3 It will run for 10 days, and the option to change your vote is available.

nickjr wrote:I don't know if you've seen these, but there are wiki guides here (non-GUPPS advent "familiar" pets 2009-2013), here (2014-2017), and here (GUPPS) that ZEL compiled that might help ^^

ZEL also often matches up all familiar pets (GUPPS, non-GUPPS) in all events within 24 hours (they've consistently been super active during all events it's honestly kinda terrifying and "24 hours" is really more like "2 hours"), so if you stalk their posts then you'll get all your "what pet is this" answers xD

Edit: Are you going to place the RPPS/MMPPS/LPPS/etc in the main posts of the archive? I mean I guess you could argue that all of the posts in the archive should be in the main posts since they're all "pets based off of an existing pet" lol (except for "Other Designs" and the lost siblings/additional outcomes/etc pets) but I wouldn't be surprised if these new guys go into the main posts. ZEL noted that this Advent 2013 pony
already had a GUPPS haha so I think it would be strange to see the RPPS/LPPS/etc not listed along with the GUPPS

Thank you so much for the valuable information! <3 I'll definitely see ZEL's posts whenever we get more of these. The wiki pages are very valuable, it'll really help me fill in the missing information on here. c:

Actually, they have their separate part of the archive located here! The reason why there's so many posts is for easier location, that can be accessed on the first post of the main archive by links. Putting them in "Pets based off existing pets" would be confusing.

However, you do make a really good point when it comes to putting these in the GUPPS post, but due to how large that post is growing, it might be too confusing to locate. The larger a post grows in the archive, the more information you need to scroll through. That's why I do separate posts of archives, but I should include a link in the beginning of the GUPPS post to the RPPS/LPPS/Etc post, and vice versa. c:
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Finished this, just needs the "centered" formatting and it should be good to go.

"Mr Snuggumwuggums"
(Original item release: 2013 Valentine's Day, still available for purchase)

Original item:

Pet based off item:

"Foal Figurine"
(Original item release: Christmas 2014)

Original item:

Pet based off item:

"Cupcake 5"
(Original item release: CS Second Birthday 2010)

Original item:

Pet based off item:

"Lantern Hibiscus"
(Original item release: Summer Space Event 2016)

Original item:

Pet based off item:

"Flurffle"

Original item:

Pet based off item:

"Ranger's Quiver"
(Original item release: January 2013, still available for purchase)

Original item:

Pet based off item:

"Flurffle"

Original item:

Pet based off item:

"Clockwork Mouse"
(Original item release: Christmas 2011)

Original item:

Pet based off item:

"Galaxy Dress"

Original item:

Pet based off item:

"Mage's Staff"
(Original item release: January 2013, still available for purchase)

Original item:

Pet based off item:
Last edited by Wookieinmashoo on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:52 am, edited 8 times in total.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:01 pm

@wookiemashoo I actually haven't gotten to them yet, thank you so so much for the help! Once you've done that, I'll put it on the official archive and place you in the special thanks for that year! <3

Edit: Now added! c: Currently getting the newest litter of the advent PPS on the archive.
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solidagold » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:24 pm

A new set of pets came out that are pps versions of past pets, the new butterfly wolf caterpillar is based off the rainbow Halloween kitsune and the parrot is from Halloween too! (sorry for no images Im on mobile)
aaaaaa𝚂𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚐𝚘𝚕𝚍

aaaaaaaaashe/they biadult
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaafind me elsewhere
aaaaaaaTumblraaaaaaaTwitter
aaaaaaToyhouseaaaaaFlight Rising
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaCompleted CS Collections
aaaaaaaaOwlsaaaLionsaaaMacaws
aaaaaaMalk FoxesaaaWarrior Cats
aaaaaaaaaaaWestern Dragons
Solidagold