(Easter 2021) Pet/item/GUPPS design archive Discussion

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

(Easter 2021) Pet/item/GUPPS design archive Discussion

Postby bark » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:03 pm

Pet/item/GUPPS design Archive discussion
(Note to mods: If this the wrong forum for this topic, please move it instead of locking if you could! Thank you <3)

Welcome to the first Pet/Item/GUPPS design Archive Discussion thread!
Please read the rules carefully before posting.

You can find the official thread here! WARNING, IMAGE HEAVY!

This thread will be remade by me once it hits 900 pages. c:

Posting rules:

- Please do not ask when the next update on the thread!
    I'll be doing updates to complete the thread on weekends due to life + College.

- If you see a mistake/Goof on the thread, do not point it out here.
    Please Pm me (K-9-Dog) ASAP if you see a goof, that way I can fix it ASAP. c: (Grammar, spelling, wrong images, links not working)

- No post marking.
    To keep the thread organized, you may bookmark the thread but do not post just to say 'mark!'. This is spam.
    Here's the official site rules of what's considered spam.

- Please stay on topic.
    This goes without saying, but remember to stay on topic!

- Do not mini mod.
    If there's a problem, do not reply to them. Simply report the post and the staff can handle from there.

- Before proposing an idea, please use the search function.
    Someone might've suggested the idea already, please be sure that your idea haven't been suggested yet.

- Please be kind to others.
    Posts complaining about anything/slow updates/etc. are not allowed. This goes without saying.

- You may post things that is missing!
    Please do not simply ask "May I help?" the answer is already yes! Please seek the official thread on how to help, or if I make an announcement on here! you may post those that are missing on the thread here. :)

Current ideas/suggestions for discussion, come jump in!
- Advent 2018, we need name suggestions on what to call these guys! We currently have these name suggestions, once at least 4 has been named, a poll will be put up. With the poll, and option will include "none of the above!" And if that option is the top choice, a new suggestion discussion will commence again.
Name suggestions:
- RPPS (Reverse PPS)

Project updates:
A small update section to keep track.

10/26/20: Picking up this project again, sorry for the wait!

- Pet to Easter bunny (Remove bunnies in the current placement AFTER post is made)
- Advent 2018 PPS'

Archive sections still under construction:
- 2008 (Pets based off an existing pet)
- Pet to Easter bunny

Up-to-date Archive sections:
- Animal Egg to pet
- GUPPS
Last edited by bark on Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 29 times in total.
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pet/item/GUPPS design archive Discussion

Postby bark » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:03 pm

Open for posting, that way the official thread can stay up! c:
Semi-quitting for FR, read more here.
Only playing CS to adopt monthies/events, and to manage threads
Adult - He/Him - Furry
PM is open, I'm more
approachable than
I seem. Starting
Radtech studies in
Fall 2024
Trades】【Collection
Art】【Rabbit chat
Eldermore
©
belos pixel & dividers by me

bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:26 am

Hey!! Are you gonna do the april fool's blended pets? If so is it alright if I compile those for you and send 'em to you? (I was thinking about doing it today but it'd work on this guide)

Also you may want to credit/reference this guide that's been doing animal eggs since '13 :0

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coyoteclaw11 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:32 pm

Maaaaaaaaaan this one took a lot of digging, but Image is based on Image from Easter 2011

O
O
O

╔═════════════════════╗
Heyo, I'm Coyote!
| | ⚓︎ | © |

╚═════════════════════╝
Coyoteclaw11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:13 am

Sorry for the late replies everyone! As of recently, the internet is on the frizz due to nasty weather in my area. It's unsure when it will be fixed, and I do documentations on my computer. :C I'm currently on mobile, so I'm trying my best!!

irisidium wrote:
    Hey!! Are you gonna do the april fool's blended pets? If so is it alright if I compile those for you and send 'em to you? (I was thinking about doing it today but it'd work on this guide)

Also you may want to credit/reference this guide that's been doing animal eggs since '13 :0

Oh gosh, that's a great idea!!! I would love to work with you! I'll have to create a template that matches with the overall theme. Feel free to PM me asap so we can start the project <3
I did talk with them about the archive, and they understand about this thread c: but I agree: it needs a history/lore page like the front page of this archive. I'll add credit when I'm off mobile!

Coyoteclaw11 wrote:Maaaaaaaaaan this one took a lot of digging, but Image is based on Image from Easter 2011

Thank you so much!! I'll add it to the archives when I'm off mobile, and add you in the special thanks c:
Adult - He/Him - Furry
PM is open, I'm more
approachable than
I seem. Starting
Radtech studies in
Fall 2024
Trades】【Collection
Art】【Rabbit chat
Eldermore
©

bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:54 am

Hope you're okay!

Sorry in advance for the mess here; I want to help but I'm kinda short on time so I'm just gonna dump a bunch of stuff here. (I'll try to structure it, though lol)

Other designs: Other notable designs/mentions

1. The board theme CSSea was not released until July 2017 for this past summer event, so I don't think we can really say that the CS Birthday 2016 lion could've been based on it (still technically possible of course since the two are basically the same/CSSea could've been in reserve/etc but that's not really what I mean)

2. Potential addition to this section, in a similar vein to the CS board theme lions: The dogs at the bottom of this page http://www.chickensmoothie.com/archive/ ... vember/Dog were released to celebrate hitting 200k members; designs are based on old CS layouts (tan: 2008, light green/orange uncommon: 2009, the two dark green commons: current CSGreen and I don't think there's a difference in what they're based on IIRC; I don't remember why there are two different ones for the same thing)

Familiar Advent 2017 pets - because this was the first time this concept was used
Not sure if the community ever settled on a name; I've seen several names floating around, like missing littermate/sibling, long-lost littermate/sibling, additional littermate/sibling
Here's a list of them: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=3654798&start=370#p114817386
and here you can see all of the Advent 2017 new littermate pets with the original litter: viewtopic.php?p=115337743#p115337743
They're not grown-up newborns or blanket pets; obvious examples include the Ace of Spades dog, the green mystery rat (original litter September 2008)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takahe » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:34 pm

Just something I've stumbled on: most of the 2015 Christmas horses are based on older newborns.

May 2011

March 2012

March 2013

May 2014

August 2015
PMs disabled for a reason.
DO NOT USE TRADES TO CONTACT ME.
Takahe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:59 am

Just a heads up, some of the birthday items are definitely based on pets:
ImageImage

These ones are pretty noticeable, but therer's also these
Image Nov 2016
Image Jan 2012
Image Apr 2013

The chameleon and fox shouldn't be hard to find. The cat is really hard for me to see, though it looks fairly solid yellow and I have no clue on the horse.

Never mind here's the list:
viewtopic.php?f=108&t=3780050&p=117939774#p117939774
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:33 am

Sorry for the late reply everyone! I've been on Mobile until now :3 My internet is fixed, no more racking up data costs! :'D

@Takahe: Thank you so much for pointing it out! I've been honestly looking for them :0 I'll post your findings and add you to the special thanks for solving the mystery <3

@nickjr: aw thanks! We're okay now, the weather is now turned cold again. Perks of living up north :'0
I swear, you're a fountain of information! I'll put together the information to be placed in the thread, and make a new section for the long lost littermate. I was thinking of calling it ML or LLS pets or some abbreviation that would make it easier, like GUPPS and GUN. What do you guys think? :0

@wookieinmashoo: Thank you so much! I'll add them on to that section, I need to finish that section up anyways so that way it's caught up <33
Adult - He/Him - Furry
PM is open, I'm more
approachable than
I seem. Starting
Radtech studies in
Fall 2024
Trades】【Collection
Art】【Rabbit chat
Eldermore
©

bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New poll, vote! | Pet/item/GUPPS design archive Discussi

Postby bark » Sat May 05, 2018 7:53 am

Hello everyone, happy weekend! I'm filling in the "Blanket to pet designs" part of the archive for this weekend's update.
As I've said before, I'm doing weekends to complete the archive's thread so this project can be done, and up to date!

Every Easter, we get bunnies based off of current pets.
Currently, I place the bunnies based off of a certain pet in the "Pet to Pet" area in the thread. Since this is growing and it would be easier to document, should a separate post contain a section called "Pet to Easter Bunny"? I have made a poll that will last for 3 days, and if it's a yes, the next weekend will be making it a reality!
Please make sure to vote!

I know there are previous archives/threads that's documented some of these pets in the past; I won't forget to credit them! <3
The goal of this large archive is to present one topic containing everything, where users can only come to 1 topic to find what pets are based off of items, other pets, GUN's, animal eggs, etc...
Along potentially saving server space for the site just by keeping everything in one topic c:

As for personal updates, I recently got out of college, so I'll have a much clearer mind for doing weekend updates. x3
Adult - He/Him - Furry
PM is open, I'm more
approachable than
I seem. Starting
Radtech studies in
Fall 2024
Trades】【Collection
Art】【Rabbit chat
Eldermore
©