March Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: March Discussion Thread

Postby KC. » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:22 am

PetCrazy wrote:
        irisidium wrote:@PetCrazy I went on a bit of a stint last night trying to figure it out, and really, I have no clue. Sketchi herself didn't confirm that they were based on different symbols so I don't know that they are - I could only find pearls as a prominent symbol of luck in eastern culture rather than here but I couldn't find any other eastern symbols of luck that made sense, other than like, fish and dragons maybe for the winged one at a stretch... Tl;dr unless we get confirmation I have no idea :'D

It's okay, thank you for looking into it! I'll continue to keep an eye on this thread in case there is conformation.

The yellow flowers could be symbolic of a very important plant in Irish mythology, Ulex europaeus A.K.A Aiteann,Gorse, Furze, Whin etc.

The white and green one could simply be clover, but specifically white clover?

The one that takes characteristics from the other three could be just that, a combination.

These are just theories but they are the best i could come up with.
Quitting!
You can find my free adopts thread here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3991929
KC.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hocaro Kitsune » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:48 pm

Did the horses have any paticular inspiration?
Are they in any way related in theme to the sea slug ponies?
Hocaro Kitsune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saikiyo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:16 pm

Hocaro Kitsune wrote:Did the horses have any paticular inspiration?

Yes actually, it's fairly minor theme and I'm pretty surprised no one guessed it (or even tried). It's bronze, silver, gold like trophies. You can see on the newborn there are three bronze stripes (3rd), two silver (2nd) and one gold (1st) all hinting at the outcomes and how common they would be (more stripes the more common) as well as hinting at hidden outcome with the pink under the jaw. And purple is just a nice color (that's it, nothing special there), the gold was originally going to be a lime green and when hue shifting I found pink looked really nice on it too, which is why there's a pink outcome with the metals. I will often try to leave hints in the newborns about later outcomes (like how the slug pony newborn had yellow hooves and all the adult ponies also have yellow hooves)

The ponies and horses have no relationship to each other.
I'm an artist and have no power in the forums. I cannot unlock, move or delete topics.

^w^
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mothmanofficial » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:18 pm

Saikiyo wrote:
Hocaro Kitsune wrote:Did the horses have any paticular inspiration?

Yes actually, it's fairly minor theme and I'm pretty surprised no one guessed it (or even tried). It's bronze, silver, gold like trophies. You can see on the newborn there are three bronze stripes (3rd), two silver (2nd) and one gold (1st) all hinting at the outcomes and how common they would be (more stripes the more common) as well as hinting at hidden outcome with the pink under the jaw. And purple is just a nice color (that's it, nothing special there), the gold was originally going to be a lime green and when hue shifting I found pink looked really nice on it too, which is why there's a pink outcome with the metals. I will often try to leave hints in the newborns about later outcomes (like how the slug pony newborn had yellow hooves and all the adult ponies also have yellow hooves)

The ponies and horses have no relationship to each other.

That is actually pretty cool!

╔══════════════════════════════╗
Ace | He/him| INFP | Avatar FAQ | Carrd
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
My head is filled with bees and all of
them are playing the trombone feature
from Phantom Regiment's 2023 show
|Thanks for coming to my TED talk|

╚═════════════════════════╝

Mothmanofficial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sarah745 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:45 am

Hey...can I ask about Easter stuff here?
Like...some of the bunnies are using older skins off other pets. Where can I find what years/months those pets are and we'll...what the pets were
I want my girl back!! :'( :'( <3 I got cheated out of her when I first started and the only way to get her back is trade another blue rose for her <3. I need my girl
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sarah745

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:50 am

Sarah745 wrote:Hey...can I ask about Easter stuff here?
Like...some of the bunnies are using older skins off other pets. Where can I find what years/months those pets are and we'll...what the pets were

The "What was x based on?" link in my sig has them all with their dates! Any discussion about the Easter event goes in this board, and questions should be asked here (:

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sarah745 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:19 am

irisidium wrote:
Sarah745 wrote:Hey...can I ask about Easter stuff here?

The "What was x based on?" link in my sig has them all with their dates! Any discussion about the Easter event goes in this board, and questions should be asked here (:

Thanks! I must be blind I couldn't find it!
I want my girl back!! :'( :'( <3 I got cheated out of her when I first started and the only way to get her back is trade another blue rose for her <3. I need my girl
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sarah745

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me