Hoard Discussion Thread v.6 new poll!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you actively trade for hoards or just let trades come to you?

I trade super active and complete within a short time frame
12%
I trade semi active and complete after a while
39%
I let trades flow in and add hoard pets as fillers
45%
Other (comment? :) )
4%

Total votes : 1071

Re: Hoard Discussion Thread v.6 new poll!

Postby houndoom » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:42 am

today i got to 85! i still cant believe this is real, its a special day too, so im excited : D

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sarcastic Hawke » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:02 am

Salika wrote:
On a similair note, did anyone else encounter people who are very "anti hoarders" or even outright rude to you?

Quite a bit in the earlier days. I never was anti-hoarder myself, so I didn't really understand the hatred and downright impoliteness some people expressed once I started my first hoards. I had so many pets that I didn't even LIKE and for WHAT?! A full collection? The amount of stress and frustration I was experiencing trying to get that almost impossible goal just wasn't worth it after a while.

Once that stopped appealing to me and I began to only look for pets I liked, making little themed groups for them based on my hobbies and interests, CS became WAY more fun! Not to mention tons of my old rares, very rares, and lists were now up for grabs where they wouldn't have been before for the sake of my "collection".

To add to this, I just now went on a MASSIVE hoard-purging spree. Anything that no longer sparked joy, whether a complete or incomplete hoard, was transferred into my trade groups. That is THOUSANDS of pets now up for trade to anyone and everyone stumbling across my profile. Come get ya'll's juice lol

I really don't understand the negativity and thankfully, like many people have already said, I haven't encountered it in a while. We trade just as fairly for our pets, even overpay at times, and I honestly believe we help keep the trade economy going. Who else is going to take in all of your omgsc pets just because they look cute?

Not to mention I feel like an outlier as I usually hoard 100+ of each pet. Many hoarders (from what I've seen) commonly go for about 20 or so of the outcomes they want. You're telling me they're "stealing" all the available versions of that pet and "not letting anyone else get one" when they only have 20?! Please...

Don't ask my opinion,

Don't ask me to lie...
Then beg for forgiveness
For making you cry...

FlightRising Tumblr Moonbeasts

Sarcastic Hawke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:41 am

I think hoarding can add a lot to this game. Else there would be tons of commons in trading fodders, flooding the site, crushing the economy.

It also adds more challenges. Wheb you are close to a complete collection, its hard to get wl pets.
Starting hoards makes trading more fun and gives more goals to work to.
And leta face it... once you start, there is no way out xD its fun and satisfying.

I love checkerd hoards.
I dont have them myself, but saw others with them. With 2 outcomes, ans then white - black - white - black. (Any color ofcourse!)
I love those, they are so much harder to collect!
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shania13171 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:17 am

accounts/viewgroup.php?userid=866477&groupid=7604657 36 flying dogs until I complete my hoard! I've been collecting these guys for a few months now, first time posting here though!
Not sure what i will hoard next but I think I'd like to complete this collection first (:

Edit: 9 more left now thanks to some hoard trades <3
Shania13171

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nessiie » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:47 pm

currently hoarding guinea pigs!! I "hoard" guinea pigs in real life (aka I have had 7 throughout my life, 3 spoiled babes at the moment haha) so piggies hold a special place in my heart! Right now i'm at a little over 1700 and counting- at this point its an obsession lmaoo

i'm not sure how you guys set a limit on hoards! ex. "I'll only collect 10 of them then I'm done!" i see a pet or a set of pets that I like and I literally want as many of that pet that i can get my hands on haha
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
🌧

©

When the butterflies turned to dust
  • that covered my whole room

Nessiie| she/her | my characters

• | Art Shop
  • | art examples
  • always looking for art trades! Please pm me to work something out <33
Nessiie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:46 pm

I used to have a bunch of hoards way back when, but recently, I've discontinued all but two of the old ones and added one new one.

My older hoards are:
All natural horses and ponies (1000+, Ive had this one going for *years*, lol)
Feb '15 Goats (20-something)

My new hoard is Trans Pride colored pets (~80)

I don't trade a whole lot and collect pretty casually (unless I really like a set and want to complete it) so even my older hoards could be way bigger if I tried harder, haha
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:38 pm

All these updates! After 5 years, were finally done with thia thread! Ive created a new one xD i have some revamps for the front page in mind as well as maybe some hoard challanges so check out the new thread!
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:41 pm

_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups