CS Rarity List [WIP] - status update on page 75

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Rarity List [WIP] - Update Page 62

Postby -Blufox » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:00 am

These numbers are very interesting! Totally wasn’t expecting the speckled rats to be near the top but that could change later on.

I’d love to help volunteer with running the code! My computer is a pretty fast Mac and I have good stable internet. I even have a bit of coding experience with other languages if that helps, but it would probably be best if I had the guide for reference.
animated by me! ref
-Blufox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy Figs » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:49 am

Just dropping by to say that this is a super cool idea and the data from the first batch of pets is quite interesting!! Can’t say I was expecting the rats to be that rare or especially for the sockdog to be rarer then many august dogs, wow.

Keep up the good work! Would offer to help but I’m starting college soon and I also don’t know much about coding haha.

Every Dog PPS in the game achieved 7/3/18!
Galaxy Figs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:19 pm

The rats don't surprise me because in the early months there were no adoption limits, so people adopted lots of dogs but only a few rats, making them rarer by comparison. This doesn't reflect their adopt rarities in rereleases though, so this is why the rereleases impact their numbers so much ^.^
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daryll » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:51 am

I had updated the script so anyone can run it (regardless of quality of internet)
I increased the amount of timeouts from 3 --> 10 to compensate for slow connections. One problem I cannot fix is if your network is experiencing packet loss or failure to connect to the (CS) server.
(Can also increase timeouts to indefinite)

Another thing is those experiencing low quality connections might see more than 10 errors while running 100,000 intervals
I've identified 100,000 pets in a single run and experienced a < 0.01% failure rate
daryll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:45 am

Solloby wrote:The rats don't surprise me because in the early months there were no adoption limits, so people adopted lots of dogs but only a few rats, making them rarer by comparison. This doesn't reflect their adopt rarities in rereleases though, so this is why the rereleases impact their numbers so much ^.^

I'm also not surprised about the rats being that rare from the original releases. I'm hoping this will at least drum up more interest for the more "undesirable" designs and give them the attention they deserve with their placement on the rares list we currently have.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cutesy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:13 pm

is there any complete thread on cs rarity that i can use a reference for when trading?
cutesy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:32 pm

cutesy wrote:is there any complete thread on cs rarity that i can use a reference for when trading?

Not yet ;) That's why we started this project!
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:35 pm

cutesy wrote:is there any complete thread on cs rarity that i can use a reference for when trading?

currently, most users use the rare's list so this may be in line with what you are looking for. this list uses both demand and rarity to place the pets.

a rarity only list is not currently available, but we are working on it ^^
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:42 am

we hit a road block but we're working on it. 2009 numbers will be delayed.
    we may have to scale back on the number of pets were counting soon.
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thovatos » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Definitely keeping this thread in the back of my mind. Definitely keeping in mind the way rats and OMGDR's are on this list. If this eventually changes the way I think it will, I might need to get ahead of the curve. Thanks so much for your hard work, guys! Y'all are really doing a solid for the community, and you've just begun!

All I really know is some java coding, but I don't know how much help that will be x,x

I wish you luck guys, and I hope the road isn't too long ahead of you!
Thovatos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me