Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby Silveryn » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:46 pm

To anyone:
Do you have a favorite piece of art you made?
Silveryn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tendo64 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:02 pm

To Tess:

After lurking through the threads, I heard you were a fan of the Toy Story movies!! Do you plan on seeing Toy Story 4? If luck is on our side, my mom plans to take me to see it and I'm super hyped for it.

Oh, and you know what?

--

To everyone:

Do you plan on seeing Toy Story 4?
ImageImageImage
Tendo / Charlie + FTM + He / Him + Adult

Hi, I'm Tendo! I like M🌎THER, Super Mario, and 2000s rock.
I spend most of my time drawing cartoons and writing music.
Mostly on here to manage my user-made adoptable, Sweetens.
My signature doesn't match on purpose lol
i like the funny sad robot boy from mother 3 he's silly
Original creator and co-owner of Sweetens

UMA Toyhouse | Interests
ImageImageImage
Tendo64

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acadicus » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:58 am

to anyone who designs pets:
what is it like seeing your pets around on different people's profiles? do you feel proud of how many people like your art and showcase it on their profiles?
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:54 am

cinnabunny wrote:to anyone who designs pets:
what is it like seeing your pets around on different people's profiles? do you feel proud of how many people like your art and showcase it on their profiles?

I still get a feeling of postive surprise whenever I see someone have one of my cats in their signature/stamps/trade rules/hoards or on their "most wanted" lists. I'll be sitting here like "yooo someone likes a thing I made!"
    I've actually become a bit more confident about my drawing skills since we started making litters. (Mainly because I used to always be scared to post things I made.)

Haec wrote:@ anyone,,
What’s your favourite scent?

Conifers smell really good. Ain't nothing to make me feel at peace like walking through a coniferous forest, though those needle oils you can buy are also really nice.
    I also like peppermint scent and petrichor.

aaAAA wrote:
    to anyone,
    what color would you dye your hair?

Mine's dyed black. Naturally I'm blond c: If I had to pick a different colour, maybe I'd try a dark green?

Silver Pandorica wrote:To anyone:
What was the best meme of 2018?

I enjoyed the sudden popularity of alignment charts.
 
[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive 
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:25 am

Karneval wrote:
@any staff
What's your favorite season and why?

I like fall the most because of the sweater weather. It's not too cold and not too hot while the days are still nice. Also pumpkin spice time :D

Seabird wrote:@anyone
What made you decide to apply for your current position?

I felt like I had enough time to dedicate to this role as I had just graduated, and figured it was worth a shot. You never know unless you try!

`pearl wrote:
      @anyone:
      do you play any instruments? c:

Nooooo lol, I use to have to take music in elementary school and somehow got stuck playing the trombone. It was not fun and kind of put me off playing instruments since. xD

EchoIre wrote:to anyone;
how did you find CS? what made you want to join?

Honestly I don't really remember how I found CS, but I think it was through Furry Paws. I remember chatting with someone there and they asked me if they knew me from CS, though I never played at the time. That got me to check out the site, and seeing some cute animals of course I joined real quick.

Lavender. ^^

aaAAA wrote:
    to anyone,
    what color would you dye your hair?

I've never actually dyed my hair any crazy colours, though if I were to I feel like maybe a streak of purple or something would be nice.

Silver Pandorica wrote:To anyone:
What was the best meme of 2018?

The spongebob memes were pretty good, and the Walmart yodel kid.

Honestly I feel so happy seeing others enjoy my designs. I know I'm not much of an artist but when I see people discussing the pets I've created and saying how much they like them, it's definitely a great feeling! <3

.....✧ Need help? ✧ About Me ✧
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:47 pm

Anyone who knows!

Was CS down for a few days in 2008? The pet IDs jump from the 5th of September to the 12th, nothing was adopted between those two dates.
adopted 5th September: viewpet.php?id=144989
adopted 12th September: viewpet.php?id=144990
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:32 am

myth; wrote:Anyone who knows!

Was CS down for a few days in 2008? The pet IDs jump from the 5th of September to the 12th, nothing was adopted between those two dates.
adopted 5th September: viewpet.php?id=144989
adopted 12th September: viewpet.php?id=144990

Thanks to the super sleuthing abilities of nickjr, I have discovered that the site was in fact down for a couple days. CS was switching to a new web host at the time, and for a brief while the adoption page didn’t work. Thus the jump in ID numbers!

https://web.archive.org/web/20080831103 ... ie.com:80/
https://web.archive.org/web/20080922031 ... ie.com:80/

In the future, this type of question can be asked in the help board since members are also able to help!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby racoonie2004 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:57 pm

to: GH who did pets this june

did y'all give your pets (the ones you made) specific names like Celozon did with 'Q' It alwayts has interested me with the staff pets too what they name them xD
Mascot
Pet's name: Racoony
Always interested in trades!!
racoonie2004

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Musicality » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:13 pm

If you got to choose the next non-animal UR pet what would it be?
βŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠ
I adore cats, musicals (esp. If/Then),
singing, and chatting it up with new people!

Hey everyone! I'm Musicality!
I used to be "The Succulent Queen". <3

βŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠ
Musicality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberWolf » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:50 pm

`pearl wrote:
      @anyone:
      do you play any instruments? c:

Yes! Like many people, I took piano lessons as a kid, but later on I also got a violin and learned to play.

EchoIre wrote:to anyone;
how did you find CS? what made you want to join?

I found it through another browser game - someone had a CS pet on their profile page and I clicked it to see what it was all about. I like pet-based sites so it seemed like another great one to join c:

Vanilla or green apple. I love very vanilla-y sugar cookies that have this specific smell I could inhale all day... and I love green apple scented soaps and shampoos and candy!

~Graceful Fox~ wrote:
To: Artist Staff
With thousands of animals and designs being created, do you guys ever run into the problem of originality ? You can only think of X amount of themes and color schemes. How do you get over the speed bump ? Thank you for your time ^^

Yes, definitely. There's been times I thought "ooh, that'd be a fun theme" but then I double check existing pets and find out it's already been done. Most of the time if I'm not sure what to do, I just mess around with no theme in mind until something comes from it. Also, while certain themes may have already been done, there's always different approaches you can take that result in a litter completely different from an existing one even with the same roots.

Tendo64 wrote:To everyone:

Do you plan on seeing Toy Story 4?

I likely will simply because my SO and I have a membership at the local theater chain and to make it worth the monthly cost we need to go to at least one movie a week, which we do, so we see most big things out these days. I really love Toy Story 1 and 2 and while I can enjoy the 3rd, I didn't love it as much as others did, and the 4th just kind of looks okay to me. I think they should put the series to rest at some point. I'm sure it won't be a bad movie, I'm just not as hyped for it. I'd love to see more original stories by Pixar instead!

It feels great! It makes the time I put into creating pets feel very worth it if people can enjoy them. I especially love seeing them dressed up or hoarded - gives me warm fuzzies inside c:

Musicality wrote:If you got to choose the next non-animal UR pet what would it be?

Hmmmm... I think another plant would be super cute. We had the flower pot, but something like a succulent in a cute decorated pot or maybe a cactus with a lil smile would be adorable!
β™₯ G.B. β™₯
"hi, i'm G.B., one of Ember's real life cats.
just so you know, Ember is just a site artist, she
can't help you with forum or game problems.
please submit a help ticket if you're
having issues!"
β™₯ Rosie β™₯
"hey, i'm Ember's other cat, Rosie.
if you're wondering, her PM's are always
open if you have other questions or
just want to chat. she does not
take commissions anymore.
"

she/her | adult | full-time artist

i am mega busy these days, my time on CS is super limited. apologies if trades/pms/etc go unanswered - i just have other things that take precedence

>> free clearance pets <<
>> weekly giveaways <<
EmberWolf
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me