Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby General Chaos » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:07 pm

Seasonal wrote:-snip-
DrinaLestrange wrote:If you could make any species lf animal into an adoptable pet, what would it be and why?
For me, it'd have to be a sloth because they are so cute and slow lol

I think snakes would be really cute in a CS style!

I dont think I can second this enough.
Snakes would be a blessing.
I mean just look at this girl.
Id die to have her as a beautiful CS pet.

To: Anyone

What has been your least favorite special release pet, and why?

ღ trades welcome
ღ probably reading

General Chaos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gloo Soda » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:48 pm

Musicality wrote:If you got to choose the next non-animal UR pet what would it be?

Maybe a dragonfruit? Nobody would expect that, I think

Soft Sand wrote:
    To: anyone

In light of the event's theme, what is your favorite mythical creature?

Do tatzelwurms count? Those come to mind first.

DrinaLestrange wrote:If you could make any species lf animal into an adoptable pet, what would it be and why?

Normally I'd answer snakes but if I had to pick something that hasn't already been answered, maybe some sort of bug like a praying mantis or something? The only bugs we have are spiders (and scorpions, but those share the spider lines), and it would be cool to see another bug make it onto the site as a pet! Though I could see something like moths being more reasonable for that.

≛☣ General Chaos ☣≛ wrote:To: Anyone

What has been your least favorite special release pet, and why?

I don't think there's any that I dislike, but if I had to pick, the pineapple. Just seems strange having a pet that doesn't even have a face, especially since all the other non-animal URs all still have faces.

Trades

Gloo Soda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArcticWaterDrake » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:12 am

To anyone: If you could have a CS pet as a real life pet, which would it be and why?
====Maria
=
=
=
=
=

Just remember, you are loved! <3
╔═════════════════════════════════════╗
Manga reader - Artist - Fanfiction Reader
Jpop - Modern rock - Sewing - Private Pilot

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Let's Trade!Support your local pet shelter! TH
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
notes:
She/her
Trade me cats and giraffes please!
English + Spanish (non-native)

╚═════════════════════════════════════╝
I'm feeling lucky

ArcticWaterDrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dama » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:23 pm

Soft Sand wrote:

Maybe I'm a bit biased since I'm from Wales but dragons. Particularly Western dragons. They're the best.
In case anyone doesn't know, here's a fun fact: we have a red dragon as one of our national symbols. It's even on our flag.

Axolotl's. Need I say more?
On a serious note, they're strange but interesting creatures and I think they would look absolutely adorable in CS' style

ArcticWaterDrake wrote:To anyone: If you could have a CS pet as a real life pet, which would it be and why?

Image - This particular litter immediately came to mind. I don't really have a reason why, but who wouldn't want a little pet dragon. They're cute and would probably make wonderful pets (when they're not setting things on fire, of course).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
there's room for us in heaven
we could stay this way forever

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xx
xx

about me
• • •
listography
• • •
need help?
• • •
credit
Dama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby General Chaos » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:48 pm

To Anyone

Do you think you will ever do another dog species release. (Ex; Papillon, Great Dane, Mastiff.) I love seeing the new lines you guys come up with, but how do you think you would go about it? (If you were to draw up these species.) Would you use the basic dog lines and add onto it - or draw up all new lines?
Super intrested in how you would go about it. Thank you for your time, have an amazing day/night.

≛ Chaos

ღ trades welcome
ღ probably reading

General Chaos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brackensnake » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:37 am

@Moderator staff

I am very impressed with your ability to keep this site so kid friendly. So my question is how do you moderate posts? Do you check the one by one or is there like a software that does it for you?

Sorry if this isn’t ok to ask I was just generally curious about the mechanics at the amount of effort that goes into keeping a site in order. Also keep up the amazing work and we appreciate it!
Brackensnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:39 am

≛☣ General Chaos ☣≛ wrote:
To Anyone

Do you think you will ever do another dog species release. (Ex; Papillon, Great Dane, Mastiff.) I love seeing the new lines you guys come up with, but how do you think you would go about it? (If you were to draw up these species.) Would you use the basic dog lines and add onto it - or draw up all new lines?
Super intrested in how you would go about it. Thank you for your time, have an amazing day/night.

≛ Chaos

Generally artists are supposed to keep to the original lineart as much as they can! Store pets can get a bit wild, but even staff/GH pets have to pass a “recognizable” test, being compared to the original lineart ^^
In my opinion, it’s one of the unique and creative challenges in drawing for CS. Things would be “easier” if artists could draw an original work each time (at least for the more edited pets) but the push to stick to the original form is part of what keeps the work so recognizable!

Brackensnake wrote:@Moderator staff

I am very impressed with your ability to keep this site so kid friendly. So my question is how do you moderate posts? Do you check the one by one or is there like a software that does it for you?

Sorry if this isn’t ok to ask I was just generally curious about the mechanics at the amount of effort that goes into keeping a site in order. Also keep up the amazing work and we appreciate it!

It is manual moderation for the most part ^^ There is a system that looks for some of the absolute worst stuff before it gets posted, but the majority of work is found by humans. And, humans do all the actual moderation (warnings, removals, etc)
We rely on users to report anything they think is off! It is humanly impossible for us to read every post, but with the help of concerned users we can be alerted to all of the bad ones. c:

Soft Sand wrote:

Oh man...my gut instinct was jackalope lol.
However, in the sense of myths and legends maybe a Phoenix? It’s quite an interesting concept, with a lot of symbolism behind it.

However, when talking about mythical creatures in history, the cake has got to go to unicorns oml. European lords would try to fabricate unicorns, claiming they hunted the creature. They made taxidermies of the horse head, and attached the horn of a narwhal to it!!! It’s just hysterical to me that the modern image of a unicorn has only a little stubby, but back in medieval times these horses were supposed to have an 8 foot long horn.... oml.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:12 am

≛☣ General Chaos ☣≛ wrote:
To Anyone

≛ Chaos

My best guess here is that this sort of thing would likely be edits of the existing base and only for either events/staff pets/store pets. We have had these sorts of edits before :)
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gloo Soda » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:18 pm

ArcticWaterDrake wrote:To anyone: If you could have a CS pet as a real life pet, which would it be and why?

Probably this one!

Trades

Gloo Soda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boneabii » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:15 am

To anyone:

What did you do on your first day of CS?
Boneabii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me