Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

ask the staff !

Postby calculator » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:49 pm

did you think as a child you’d ever have the occupation you have now? [if you have a job]
calculator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby Michael's Fan. » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:38 pm

To anyone:
Have you liked MJ since you were little like me??
Michael's Fan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby calculator » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:03 am

why is the “bump this thread” option only available sometimes?
calculator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:55 am

alula wrote:
    why is the “bump this thread” option only available sometimes?

It's available six hours after the most recent post (or bump), and only if you're the poster of the thread or most recent post, and only if the most recent post hasn't been bumped. (:

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fossington » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:19 am

what time is it on CS
HI THIS IS A WIP STILL BUT I HAVEN’T BEEN ON THIS SITE IN A FEW YEARS BUT I DECIDED TO COME BACK SO HI!!

I’m Fossy, formerly known as Hamiltonfan12!

She/her!!
Fossington

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:21 am

Hamiltonfan12 wrote:what time is it on CS

Type time.php after the url. Otherwise, click here!

Just a reminder:

Simon wrote:
7. This isn't a thread to ask for help using the site, or to suggest changes. Please take all questions about how to use CS, technical difficulties, or any sort of site or policy changes, here.

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hexcadia » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:37 am

So i don't see this as having been asked, and I think it's fine of me to ask this?

Here it goes..

Why are we revamping the list? It's been the same, and just had things added right? And even moving things around, won't help? I mean people trade non dogs for a raven dog despite not even being placed on the main list just because it looks pretty. But we also have the zebras with no demand whatsoever despite being really worth at least a dog tag ? How will revamping the list really even effect that? If you move the tigerdog out, it's still going to have the demand of so many nons because it's pretty. The Sunjewl will always be viewed as not-so-pretty in comparison to the Tiger dog, so what gives? I just don't know how this is supposed to help..?

So,,, How is it supposed to change .. anything?
Hexcadia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:55 am

Vermilion, wrote:So i don't see this as having been asked, and I think it's fine of me to ask this?

Here it goes..

Why are we revamping the list? It's been the same, and just had things added right? And even moving things around, won't help? I mean people trade non dogs for a raven dog despite not even being placed on the main list just because it looks pretty. But we also have the zebras with no demand whatsoever despite being really worth at least a dog tag ? How will revamping the list really even effect that? If you move the tigerdog out, it's still going to have the demand of so many nons because it's pretty. The Sunjewl will always be viewed as not-so-pretty in comparison to the Tiger dog, so what gives? I just don't know how this is supposed to help..?

So,,, How is it supposed to change .. anything?

The list is not staff-owned, nor staff-run. Any decisions to change or revamp it are on the part of the members who are owners and not any staff member. That being said, from how I understand the changes that are happening, the userbase would like it to be more informative and based on real rarity since, as you say, demand is extremely fickle and trying to categorise it is nigh impossible. While it won't affect the pets' demand, having information about how rare they are unaffected by demand may help users make different informed decisions on their trades.
    Again, though, I am not behind the project and you'd be best asking this question to one of the thread owners who I'm sure will be glad to help explain everything as they envision it!

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swiftalu » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:34 am

myth + destiny wrote:Guest artists/official artists:

How did you become an artist? How do you get chosen to be a guest artist? Got any tips? ;u;

There's no concrete way, it's if Tess asks to invite you. Just keep trying to improve in art and design! :D

sarahbara wrote:To: artists
What program do you guys use?

I use Photoshop CS5 for all my stuff!

j hope wrote:to: all
does it ever make you feel bad/happy when a pet you made has bad/good demand?

like the malk dragon on the cs birthday, or pps dragoncat, or even a list?

It only makes me sad if the pet I make goes unnoticed or gets overshadowed by other pets at similar release, I love seeing reactions from the community but sometimes this does happen unfortunately with every artist! D:

Choco Dice wrote:When u first joined cs was it because u were offered a STAFF job or did u join and later become a STAFF member

When I joined I never even thought I would become a staff member so... I joined because I liked the site. xD I didn't get officially hired on the site in a position until 2014!

evie the kitten wrote:to anyone:
what do you do in your spare time on cs?

Lurk, play games (Playing Kirby star allies right now and it's pretty great), or just answering questions like this. :'D

Amelia wrote:To anyone: do you hear yanny or laurel?

I hear both. xP When I first heard it I heard both, yanny is a bit more evident though.

J-and-K341 wrote:To anyone: Have you ever had a CS pet to show up in one of your dreams while you were sleeping? I have only been here on CS for just a few months and already that has happened to me twice. xD I would love to hear about it them if you wouldn't mind sharing. :)

Funny enough, I've had dreams where I come up with CS pet designs. A couple of examples of this were my January bwolf litter this year

And the cats I made from October!

It's kinda funny thinking about it now, but I do still have these, I'm always thinking of designs/colors to use so that might be why!

~Cloudedwaters~ wrote:To anyone,

What has been your favorite summer event?
Favorite pets/items from the event? Favorite 'mini games' (trading in tokens to help the pets)

Mines the Atlantis one last year. I loved the racing hamsters on the squids and mantarays. The best item had to be the backgrounds and such we got. And I loved helping the purple squid palace guard find his sandwich XD especially when he was like: oops I ate it earlier.

My favorite was the slumber party event! I loved the plot and the designs of all the pets from that event so much, it was super creative! <3
Swiftalu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trin » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:34 pm

What was your favorite summer event?
Trin