Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby Codex » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:34 am

BlueEyedKite wrote:To all staff: what makes you feel appreciated by the community?

People using my items or just liking how it looks! And also seeing new posts in item suggestion thread, it makes me think people are interested in seeing how we fulfill their ideas when we do
Codex
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:37 am

Any staff
Why does the CS store have random store pets and other pets like a toxic? accounts/viewgroup.php?userid=35343&pageSize=1000
Did they come from trade reversals or something
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winx » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:55 pm

The Last Raven wrote:Any staff
Why does the CS store have random store pets and other pets like a toxic? accounts/viewgroup.php?userid=35343&pageSize=1000
Did they come from trade reversals or something

Burrito Bunny answered this question here! (:
blah

Hi there ya precious beans.

Always willing to help with trades
or pricing pet/item/C$ values ♥
Feel free to PM me!

Got a problem and
think CS staff could fix it?
Submit a ticket!

TH Characters

winx
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FishMilkshake » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:30 am

why there are no turtles/tortoises? I never saw any :o
sorry if the wrong thread*
FishMilkshake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LilyRoseWater » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:09 pm

Any staff

I actually have 2 questions if y'all don't mind. ^^

1. Are the pet rarities decided by a staff member before the pets are released or is it randomized through code after all the pets have grown up? From what I've gathered, pet rarities normally update somewhere between the beginning to the end of the next month after their released (EX. October pets get their rarities sometime in November) but I did also notice that a couple of the January/New Years pets got their rarities early this year (A couple being the eastern dragons and zodiac Tess dragons), was this an error?

2. Why are western dragons released so rarely? I've noticed that from when I started, to this month that a batch of western dragons hasn't been released in the monthly adopts, are designs harder to do with their line art or are they one of the more rarer pets you don't release often, like lions, unicorns and otters?

Ty in advance for taking the time to answer! ^^
Auction Thread:2023 Dachshund Store Set UFA
Giveaway Thread:2020-2023 Staff Sets Giveaway
Current goals:
All Staff Cats [ ]
All Staff Dogs [ ]
All Zodiac Dogs [ ]
All Warrior Cats [ ]
All Western Dragons [ ]
Dec 25th Santa's Reindeer Inspired Pets (All Years) [ ]

My FR Lair:https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/604379
LilyRoseWater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:09 am

LilyRoseWater wrote:Any staff

1. Are the pet rarities decided by a staff member before the pets are released or is it randomized through code after all the pets have grown up? From what I've gathered, pet rarities normally update somewhere between the beginning to the end of the next month after their released (EX. October pets get their rarities sometime in November) but I did also notice that a couple of the January/New Years pets got their rarities early this year (A couple being the eastern dragons and zodiac Tess dragons), was this an error?

2. Why are western dragons released so rarely? I've noticed that from when I started, to this month that a batch of western dragons hasn't been released in the monthly adopts, are designs harder to do with their line art or are they one of the more rarer pets you don't release often, like lions, unicorns and otters?

1) While Nick would know the most about the details of rarities, its actually done with very little human interaction. Basically, at the middle of the month Nick does his wizarding magic with the code (listen I don't code), and it basically counts how many pets are currently in circulation. Based on how many of a pet is in circulation, a rarity is then assigned to it. If I remember correctly, Nick can make it that a certain pet from a litter is a little more rare (like the Golden Gacha for example), but that's probably as simple as changing the chance in the code (say a regular litter is 1=.25+.25+.25+.25. A litter with a rarer pet would be more like 1.1=.25+.25+.25+.25+.10)(this is very basic, again Nick would know more in depth about it). As for the Tess zodiacs, yeah Im pretty sure that was an accident haha, it happens.

2) Its honestly up to the artists! We have the base species that are released (dogs, cats, bwolves), but if the artists want to they can make like a fox litter, a deer litter, or a dragon litter. They may not have the current inspiration to make a dragon litter, or they're working on a big litter like the dogs. We don't stop them from making pets in a month if that's what you're asking, in fact, artists are encouraged to work on what ever they wish (as long as the base species have art by the beginning on the next month).

I just woke up so sorry if any of that made no sense. Please let me know if you want some clarification!

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saikiyo » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:01 pm

LilyRoseWater wrote:Any staff

2 has been answered but an add on as an artist:

Some line arts are used more sparingly to keep them a little bit more special. At least that's a guideline I go by (lions and dragons I consider special). Another reason why I don't personally make a lot of dragons is they're really, really big and have 4 stages. It's a lot of work and will take me 2 to 4 times as long to make a dragon litter as it would a normal litter, like cats, dogs or ponies. Plus I find their body shape a challenging to add patterns to if I don't have a solid plan or theme (mostly the way the wing membrane interacts with the body and the fine bones in the wings). Basically, while I love the dragon lines, I find them hard to work with so I only pull them out when I have a cool idea for them which ends up making them a rare choice for me.

This is just my personal take and other artists might feel differently
I'm an artist and have no power in the forums. I cannot unlock, move or delete topics.

^w^
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PheonixThunderslayer » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:13 am

To: any staff!
If you could choose any CS pet to have in real life, which would you choose and why?

and also, does anyone know what happens to really inactive accounts? (e.g, joined in 2008, logged on 2009, never seen agan). do they get banned, and do their pets disappear?

What happens when u swear on CS?
ImageImageImage
im pheonix (she/her) and im back to the old sig11!!1!!! woohoo!
PheonixThunderslayer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:08 pm

PheonixThunderslayer wrote:To: any staff!
If you could choose any CS pet to have in real life, which would you choose and why?

and also, does anyone know what happens to really inactive accounts? (e.g, joined in 2008, logged on 2009, never seen agan). do they get banned, and do their pets disappear?

What happens when u swear on CS?

Heya!

Pet in real life: all the dwarf hamsters lol. I actually have pet hamsters irl, but they are a lot of work. I would love chickens one day, but they are also so much work haha

Inactive accounts: Well, it really depends! If the user logged in once and never adopted pets or posted, then the account is treated like it really didnt exist. This means that if a user requests that username on the older account, we can give it to them. However, if the account adopted even a single pet, that account is preserved. There have been cases where people have come back to the site after leaving in 2009 and needed their original account back, so we just keep them as they are.

Swearing: As you know, we are a family friendly site. Most swears are automatically filtered out thanks to some code, and any that slips through the cracks will end up being removed and the user messaged by moderators. Swearing is a no go on CS, and we actively enforce that rule

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups