*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide *New* UR Peach Poll! Vote!

Postby Takk » Sat May 26, 2018 8:36 am

I AM curious to try and evaluate the August PPS Lion and July Lioness. While not exactly UR pets, they were released at low, random chance and were VR from the start. Even with Dec. 18th I usually see the lioness more than the PPS (personally) and would like to see them considered someday. Probably shortly after '12 store pet discussion... I do think demand kinda has a big head in this community, but it is a little concerning to see it last so darn long; which I partly blame greed and the FTT for, but who knows... (edit: I blame people because they only give demand advice. Too many people say 'it's worth this demand wise' and say nothing about rarity or constantly quote people as wrong for rarity advice. Nobody seems to care about rarity opinions anymore, so I stopped helping after three years of posting on every fair trade thread)

I think we're trying to discuss the Skelebun still? I'd be ok placing it between a dogtag and moonswirl. It's by no means the rarest pet on the site, but it is highly valuable and won't be released again. I could easily see it sitting beside the sunback as well, given the sunback and UR Bee also aren't the rarest pets ever but go for more than their share in value as well
Last edited by Takk on Sat May 26, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Sat May 26, 2018 8:44 am

This strikes me a bit personally, you all attacking the FTT, and it's actually getting hurtful. If you all have such a problem with the 'lies' and 'false rumours' being told in the FTT, then why don't you answer it yourselves/your own 'truths' and save some of us the stress? Keeping that thread answered and the people happy is really hard work, more so when you get the 'that's not true you're spreading false rumours' and people loose trust in you and it makes us a lot less willing to lend a hand and a voice in the community. I for one get more backlash for answering 'incorrectly/with too much demand in mind' on the FTT from users who 'know better' than I do 'thank yous' for helping.
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat May 26, 2018 8:51 am

Actually with all of my offers I’ve been getting I’m thinking that anything lower than Ur-bwolf tier is too low. And again, we still need to put together all the trades and offers to see that, and I’m not sure if anyone is willing to do that?

And we aren’t trying to attack you myth. However, it is true that the FTT has been a source of trouble with demand and false rumors getting spread. We aren’t singling anyone out with that or trashing anyone.
And I HAVE been there. I have been answering on the FTT, I did it all last year. And I got fed up with people telling me I was wrong because the answer I gave wasn’t what everyone wanted to hear based off of super high demand. So I just feel the greed on CS and toxicity of that thread is a problem, not any single person.

Edit: adding in more offers I’ve had yesterday and today.
Over pm I was offered a moonswirl swap, separate from the offer of a moonswirl I’ve already had.
trades/viewtrade.php?id=73237880&userid=15736&signature=mrXbW0ZNW-VJ0mAetBcnCA This is by far the largest I’ve had. The other user acknowledges they’re overpaying but want it very bad.
trades/viewtrade.php?id=73256674&userid=15736&signature=FHKYHkcdwYkN63jg4bFjHA They want 5+ nons worth for their jewel, so that shows how they value it.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soobin » Sat May 26, 2018 9:40 am

I think the UR Malk should be on the UR Peach or even the non tier as this is what it usually goes for.
I also think that the BEG and CEG should be higher up on the lists.
I also think that the Black advent should be on the non tier, that the Raven dog should be above the gap on the mainlist and the clockwork, patchwork marrionette and the cerbs should be higher up on the list due to demand. I also think that the chishire cat and the august PPS should be somewhere on the advent list.
The zebras should be on the non tier and the skelebun on the moonswirl teir and the cucumber and bannana moved down.And I think the sunjewel should be in a tier between the UR tiger dog and the moonswirl.
Last edited by soobin on Sat May 26, 2018 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
soobin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:Cleverfox:. » Sat May 26, 2018 9:42 am

PixelFishy wrote:I think the UR Malk should be on the UR Peach or even the non tier as this is what it usually goes for.
I also think that the Black advent should be on the non tier, that the Raven dog should be above the gap on the mainlist and the clockwork, patchwork marrionette and the cerbs should be higher up on the list due to demand. I also think that the chishire cat and the august PPS should be somewhere on the advent list.

agreed!
Looking for a new SIG, if you make them please PM me! : )
.:Cleverfox:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soobin » Sat May 26, 2018 9:47 am

Sometimes I think that the UR peach has higher demand than the nons and so does the UR holly.
soobin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stan. » Sat May 26, 2018 10:02 am

PixelFishy wrote:I think the UR Malk should be on the UR Peach or even the non tier as this is what it usually goes for.
The zebras should be on the non tier and the skelebun on the moonswirl teir and the cucumber and bannana moved down.And I think the sunjewel should be in a tier between the UR tiger dog and the moonswirl.

I do kinda agree with the UR Malk part, it always struck me as odd how malks usually have 'good' demand but the UR got stuck kinda low. Was it Very Rare at the moment of it's release or something? Or it has a similar situation to the UR Aussie and is considered in 'bad' demand?

And If I'm not mistaken, the Black Advent's placement already includes demand heavily, it is about as rare as the Tier 7 Advents, from the information I've seen. It is from the same litter. I don't think moving it anywhere further up is a good idea.

As for the marionette and patchwork, I kinda agree, I think they should be moved up a little as time passes on. They won't be re-released, but a lot of patchworks/marionettes do exist, they're just stuck in hoards. So, their current availability is low, but it could change very quickly. Aaaand I think it could end up in a situation similar to the St. Patrick Tess Dragon.

Also, for the Skelebun, Moonswirl tier sounds reasonable but, of course, some people value it higher or are very willing to overpay for it, as the trade that ElementalInsanity showed.

stan [he/him]
    i speak spanish & english
    artshop
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clawdina » Sat May 26, 2018 10:04 am

Might you have trade evidence for the ba going for a non? I've seen it consistently going for about 1.5 sorbets
Also, most of these pets haven't been moved to these values mostly because they want to avoid demand sky rocketing just because they were moved up. The others have established that many of the pets that you have mentioned are ready higher than they should be due to demand, but there are a few things that you mentioned that are worth conversation c: my apologies if I sound harsh at all as that is not my intention

And I agree with placing the skelebun above 2 nons mostly since the trades that elemental has been recieving seem to show proof of that. I would agree that somewhere close to the Moonswirl tier would be the best place to put it

she/her | ace ♠️
Need to vent?
Want help?
My PMs are open!
Looking for Art
Barn + Stables
Clawdina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Sat May 26, 2018 10:59 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:Also to add in, no. This is not mostly a demand based list. There’s a large reason why many ‘demand based’ pets are not on here. As in: July lioness. August pps. Dragon cat pps.
This is a list for the rarest pets, and these pets are not rare enough to be added no matter how much demand others may say they have.

This list takes into consideration demand, but it is not a demand based list. We also take into consideration circulation (in which all the pets listed above are trades around so often and so readily available I again don’t see why they would be put on here), and rarity.
And I’m fairly sure we’ve come to a community agreement to not include demand as strongly as we go through correcting pets.

So we aren’t shooting anyone down or trying to be unwelcoming, we are saying why these pets are not going to be considered to be put on here for a very long time.

If we went throwing pets on that had good demand every time just because people say it’s worth that, we would have an insane mess of just demand based placements.
Just because people say demand is worth list, doesn’t make it true. =)

It is entirely unrealistic to ignore that demand heavily skews placements on this list. Like I stated earlier, there are OMGSR pets below the gap. To say that this is not a demand-based list is false. However, it is a rarity-based list at heart. I'm not discounting that. I just think the list had good intentions at first, but its gone so far down the rabbit hole of demand and at this point, you can't just brush off questions about placement due to demand because they aren't "rare" enough. Once you add in the demand element, you're bound to get these questions. It opens up an avenue for discussion, and I really think its a necessary discussion to have. At what point should pets be added to the list - more specifically, high-demand store pets that go for lists?

I dont agree with putting the pps dragoncat on the list, however. I never said I was supportive of it. I believe in a strictly rarity-only list, so I don't think that it should be added. But again, its personal opinion. Some value demand over actual rarity. Its a list that incorporates both - so we cant just nay them to death when we disagree. ^^

I also entirely disagree with the concept of "correcting placements." We should be remaking the list, not correcting these ones "as we go." If anything, it needs to be an all-at-once correction, or a new rarity-based list off to the side. By "correcting as we go", it's just furthering the lists complications and confusing the entire community.

Just a few of my opinions - I hope it doesn't come off as too rash, I'm just extremely direct and tend to have a hard time explaining things otherwise.

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberzTale » Sat May 26, 2018 11:08 am

Animall wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:Also to add in, no. This is not mostly a demand based list. There’s a large reason why many ‘demand based’ pets are not on here. As in: July lioness. August pps. Dragon cat pps.
This is a list for the rarest pets, and these pets are not rare enough to be added no matter how much demand others may say they have.

This list takes into consideration demand, but it is not a demand based list. We also take into consideration circulation (in which all the pets listed above are trades around so often and so readily available I again don’t see why they would be put on here), and rarity.
And I’m fairly sure we’ve come to a community agreement to not include demand as strongly as we go through correcting pets.

So we aren’t shooting anyone down or trying to be unwelcoming, we are saying why these pets are not going to be considered to be put on here for a very long time.

If we went throwing pets on that had good demand every time just because people say it’s worth that, we would have an insane mess of just demand based placements.
Just because people say demand is worth list, doesn’t make it true. =)

It is entirely unrealistic to ignore that demand heavily skews placements on this list. Like I stated earlier, there are OMGSR pets below the gap. To say that this is not a demand-based list is false. However, it is a rarity-based list at heart. I'm not discounting that. I just think the list had good intentions at first, but its gone so far down the rabbit hole of demand and at this point, you can't just brush off questions about placement due to demand because they aren't "rare" enough. Once you add in the demand element, you're bound to get these questions. It opens up an avenue for discussion, and I really think its a necessary discussion to have. At what point should pets be added to the list - more specifically, high-demand store pets that go for lists?

I dont agree with putting the pps dragoncat on the list, however. I never said I was supportive of it. I believe in a strictly rarity-only list, so I don't think that it should be added. But again, its personal opinion. Some value demand over actual rarity. Its a list that incorporates both - so we cant just nay them to death when we disagree. ^^

I also entirely disagree with the concept of "correcting placements." We should be remaking the list, not correcting these ones "as we go." If anything, it needs to be an all-at-once correction, or a new rarity-based list off to the side. By "correcting as we go", it's just furthering the lists complications and confusing the entire community.

Just a few of my opinions - I hope it doesn't come off as too rash, I'm just extremely direct and tend to have a hard time explaining things otherwise.

I agree. I believe we should put lots of time into remaking the list as the one we have now is so inaccurate and causing lots of static between the community as a whole.
..Image
╔══════════════════════════════╗
xxxx. I'm Ember! lights off
xxxxxxxxxxxI'm a huge fan of the Vampire
xxx Diaries! I love Katherine Pierce!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe/Her - Scorpio
╚══════════════════════════════╝

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x.emberocsfurry-pawscredit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EmberzTale

My pets