*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Postby bark » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:48 am

*sniff sniff* new thread smell.
I'm still hoping the rarity list thread helps put greedy demand down. Plus I'm still curious: will the August PPS lion be in there? Because a lot of people are valuing it a main list, when it's not all that rare. I value it a few 09' rares, or a low advent pet max. That's how I value the July Lioness as well, but for the new rarity list, I think it should be in the lowest teirs. They're more common than the Raven dog and even the lowest list store pets, since they get released on the 18th while store pets do not.

Speaking of greedy demand, both Cerberus is getting it bad. REAL BAD. There's even players claiming it's worth like 6-7 nons, which is...(excuse me) bull..? I understand the pets are awesome and all but I don't think it's worth that much, if the UR bee is going for a non or two, a cinnaroll going for at least a non. 7 nons for a set is impossible, for those who just want to have a complete pet collection.
When it does hit OMGSR, yeah it can be placed more higher but not worth like 7 nons. Also, the red one is more common than the orange due to being released, and asking for a non for that is scary. just like the Raven dog's demand scary. Sorry, a low sept. Cerberus is not worth a non. It's not right to claim they're worth an arm an and leg, even if it's past experiences. I really hope the rarity list helps curb that nasty greedy demand. *Shudders*
Other than that, glad there's a new thread! Feel free to correct me on any of this to even updates <3
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silvermahogany » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:37 am

The ravendog serms to have risen greatly in demand, people are trading mainlists and getting declined and yet its only tier 7 on the advent list? I'm just a bit confused :,)

- You poor thing
Sweet, mourning lamb
There's nothing you can do -

☆ Pfp by idrawforfun <3
☆ Silv - He/Him - Genderqueer - Gay
☆ Adult
☆ Un-quit for art shops, pls shoot me a dm if you do human art!!
☆ Ask me about my dnd oc ask me about my dnd oc ask me about my dnd oc ask me abou-
silvermahogany

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Finalized » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:38 am

SlipTheLunurox wrote:The ravendog serms to have risen greatly in demand, people are trading mainlists and getting declined and yet its only tier 7 on the advent list? I'm just a bit confused :,)

The Rares list has been said to have to be revamped, but due to demand the Raven can go for 1-2 nons worth. Definitely have lovely demand.
Finalized

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:21 am

Finalized wrote:
SlipTheLunurox wrote:The ravendog serms to have risen greatly in demand, people are trading mainlists and getting declined and yet its only tier 7 on the advent list? I'm just a bit confused :,)

The Rares list has been said to have to be revamped, but due to demand the Raven can go for 1-2 nons worth. Definitely have lovely demand.

The reason the raven is low on the list is because it isn't actually that terribly rare. When it was first released so many people bought them that they were just rare (as opposed to very rare) for some time. If you look around - at any given time you can always find at least a few ravens for trade even though plenty of people keep them as forever dream pets or collection pets.

The main reason people offer things like nons for the ravens is because they think they have to and they want the pet - plus many people seem convinced that no matter what you pay for a raven you can always get more for it. It's not a very sustainable way of trading - but each to his or her own I suppose.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cellar x Elijah » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:21 am

Kyar wrote:
Finalized wrote:

The reason the raven is low on the list is because it isn't actually that terribly rare. When it was first released so many people bought them that they were just rare (as opposed to very rare) for some time. If you look around - at any given time you can always find at least a few ravens for trade even though plenty of people keep them as forever dream pets or collection pets.

The main reason people offer things like nons for the ravens is because they think they have to and they want the pet - plus many people seem convinced that no matter what you pay for a raven you can always get more for it. It's not a very sustainable way of trading - but each to his or her own I suppose.

Just to add some clarification to this. The Raven Dog was rare for an entire YEAR. Their release months were October-November 2010, alongside the Patchwork dog, and they didn't turn very rare until October 2011. That had never happened with any store pet before and, as far as I am aware, has never happened since. A few have been purchased so much that they've gone rare but I don't think any of them stayed rare anywhere near that long. I could be wrong, though. Either way, the fact that the Raven Dog stayed rare for an entire year before finally turning very rare helps show just how many of them were purchased compared to the other store pets of its time.

This is an example of a really weird phenomena that happens with store pets. If a store pet is extremely popular during its release months, then the people who can purchase them tend to purchase a bunch of extras specifically so they'll have good trade fodder later on because they know it's popular, or maybe because they want a decent sized hoard of it or something similar. In this case, the crazy high popularity of the pet affects how common the pet and in turn, ends up lowering the value of it because it's less rare and there are more around on the site and in circulation. Usually, when a pet is extremely popular, it raises the demand and therefore raises the value of the pet. But because people have always been able to purchase as many of a store pet as they want, if one is extremely popular it still increases the demand for it but it also lowers the rarity of it, which ends up counteracting the crazy demand for it.

That explanation might end up confusing people but I tried my best. My main point is that the Raven was rare for an entire year, which is insane for a store pet. It is by far the most common store pet of its time, which is why people often think it's too low on the list for its demand.
Cellar x Elijah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby s a g e » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:20 am

when will be the cinnamon/ zonkey added to the rares list ?

s a g e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:05 am

s a g e wrote:when will be the cinnamon/ zonkey added to the rares list ?

ive been wondering this as well, but with the UR peach as well. its been what? 2 years now? i understand that the list is going through dramatic changes and it takes time to determine where new URs should be placed, but it makes no sense to just not put them on the list in the meantime while the new one is under construction unless there's a bigger reason im not aware of and it takes more than 2 years to determine the worth of the peach. from what i was able to find by searching in the old thread it looks like everyone wants to wait for the new list to be created, but with nobody capable of analyzing the data to create the new list and no knowing when somebody will be able, it seems to me like this new list wont see the light of day anytime soon. it just seems like a waste to wait around until then..

(don't get me wrong though, the idea of a new list really excites me and im really curious to see what the data reveals once we're able to analyze it. but i dont like just doing nothing until then :p)
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:59 am

Kyar wrote:I've been meaning to ask - has it been the executive decision to leave the peach and zonkey off the list in preparation for the new one forthcoming?

DaDwarf wrote:I've tried starting up discussing on the UR's multiple times but with no-one actually joining in and sharing their opinions theres not much i can do. I'm not a fan of letting this list rot until the new list is up and running, i was under the impression we would make due with what we had and updating it as we could (so add the UR's and move the skelebun) until we had the new list to compare with. But yeah xD

If people want them placed, lets start discussion.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:24 am

DaDwarf wrote:
Kyar wrote:I've been meaning to ask - has it been the executive decision to leave the peach and zonkey off the list in preparation for the new one forthcoming?

DaDwarf wrote:I've tried starting up discussing on the UR's multiple times but with no-one actually joining in and sharing their opinions theres not much i can do. I'm not a fan of letting this list rot until the new list is up and running, i was under the impression we would make due with what we had and updating it as we could (so add the UR's and move the skelebun) until we had the new list to compare with. But yeah xD

id love to start a discussion, but i don't know if im really qualified to talk about it? o: i can add my own two cents regardless but i don't know if it will really help
from what i've seen the peach consistently goes for around a non (xxx) & is lot more popular then the cucumber (probably because it doesn't rot lol), but i don't know if they're the same rarity-wise.
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby s a g e » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:39 am

DaDwarf wrote:

okay, then lets start a discussion c:
Im not say anything to the peach, because I do not had this pet and I can't say anything about it, because im just not imformated enough to point out my opinion.

But I can point out my opinion about the cinnamon and zonkey:
At first, the cinnamon:
Here are some trades I found :
1. http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=69352320&userid=772245&signature=YskqDuNfd5Nc8bJDAtJfVQ
2. http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=68420608&userid=651310&signature=Qlpi__LmqCpJ27RGoygthA

But of course, they were many offers with 1 non or 1 non + .
I would place it maybe between the July pps and UR Aussie.

And now to the zonkey :
At first, I want to mention that I would place the zonkey a bit higher on the list than the cinnamon, because many player prefer the zonkey over the cinnamon.
Maybe on the July pps tier ?
I have seen a lot of people valuing the zonkey at 2 nons.
Last edited by s a g e on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

s a g e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me