*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide *NEW* Poll for UR ZONKEY

Postby odin » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:57 am

lucky333123 wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:@ odd eye You're fantastic oml thank you, that helps out tremendously to see that. It seems like quite a few were canceled because the cin was valued more. Very interesting. <3 Thank you again!!

I would also like to make a quick suggestion. Perhaps another thing that should be added onto our to do list is the rest of 2011 store pets being added onto the rares list? I have seen this brought up before and would like to add it in again. The C$ thread is finally getting updated, and it just looks odd not having all 2011 store pets on the list.

I would rather not even have store pets added onto the rare list. Store pets are supposed to be "mini" customs (it was confirmed by Tess somewhere on the forum) and are never re-released. I rather have store pets on a separate list because truthfully eventually no released pet will be able to compare to the rarity of some of the oldest store pets.

The Rare List is supposed to have the rarest pets on the site, I just feel like it shouldn't have non-re-released pets.

I have to agree. Think bout it (and I know it will be a LONG time lol), but hear me out.
Look how much the raven goes for. I've seen ravens go for top tier pets... And they were rare for about a year after they were released. There are plenty of raven dogs to go around, yet they still get ridiculous over offers because they are (imo & apparently I'm not alone lol) one of the best designed pets on the site. Now think about if they ever went OMG, they would be unobtainable. Completely. Couple their design and popularity with the OMG tag. It would be crazy to try to trade for one then AND it's already crazy trying to trade for one now.
I'd like to see a separate list for store pets. Since they will never be rereleased, you would have to be adding and reevaluating their presence on the main, sept, and advent lists often. Reason being, they always get rarer. Normal pets and URs are rereleased and therefore hold a pretty steady value and they won't be moving around much after they are added. Store pets are the only pets that will rise in value until they are no longer attainable.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:14 am

While I understand about the want for a separate store list I just don’t see that being a a quick option right now. Unless we actually want to make that one of the things on our to do list and everyone agrees on it, we need to add the rest of the 2011 store pets.

We can’t ignore them for the sake of not wanting to add more store pets, and we can’t not place them unless it’s actually committed to of making this separate store list.
Which I’ve been in favor for since it was first suggested mind, but again the C$ thread has been updated and a 2011 store pet is now worth 55-60C$. Which is currently what the tier 1 advent is.
And as said most people value them at a list anyways because I think they probably should have been on the list?

All in all I’m for a separate store list if it’s skmethjng everyone agrees to committing to making. Otherwise we need to add the rest of the 2011 store pets. Lol.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sage. » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:55 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:While I understand about the want for a separate store list I just don’t see that being a a quick option right now. Unless we actually want to make that one of the things on our to do list and everyone agrees on it, we need to add the rest of the 2011 store pets.

We can’t ignore them for the sake of not wanting to add more store pets, and we can’t not place them unless it’s actually committed to of making this separate store list.
Which I’ve been in favor for since it was first suggested mind, but again the C$ thread has been updated and a 2011 store pet is now worth 55-60C$. Which is currently what the tier 1 advent is.
And as said most people value them at a list anyways because I think they probably should have been on the list?

All in all I’m for a separate store list if it’s skmethjng everyone agrees to committing to making. Otherwise we need to add the rest of the 2011 store pets. Lol.

i'm all for making a store list ! because store pets will never be rereleased, i think that it's unfair to put them in the same list as pets that can be rereleased every year. technically, they will all be rarer than those pets - why not make a seperate list for them ?

we could do a poll about that - with obviously "yes" or "no" and then the ever present "i don't know but i wanted to vote"
i only use this site for oekaki and forums
sage.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:56 am

I personally would love to have a separate list for store pets. But I don’t feel like that could be done with this list and probably would need to be done with the new rarity list. Unless we want to just yank all store pets off right now I don’t feel like we can continue to not put the 2011 ones on. Which yeah it isn’t exactly what I would like to see because I feel like store pets need to be kind of seperated as Tess intended. I noticed someone mentioned that people would see this as store pet for store pet only. I don’t think that problem will be escaped no matter what we do. Whether we add or remove them people still will prefer trading store pet for store pet. As inconvenient as that is it can be a little understandable as most normal pets don’t have their worths adjusted as often and regularly as store pets.

Basically though, I don’t feel like this list is the right list to keep store pets separate.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:11 am

Cinnabun. wrote:i'm all for making a store list ! because store pets will never be rereleased, i think that it's unfair to put them in the same list as pets that can be rereleased every year. technically, they will all be rarer than those pets - why not make a seperate list for them ?

we could do a poll about that - with obviously "yes" or "no" and then the ever present "i don't know but i wanted to vote"

I definitely agree with your sentiments here, and I think it’s something brought up by a few users before you too. ^^ they are a completely different breed than regular list pets.

I think this is a valid suggestion perhaps for both sides? I know many of us want a separate store list. A poll could then help even further? Perhaps it could be run after this current one ends while we are looking at Cinnabun trades and deciding tier options for that poll?

As Raven said however it feels... almost difficult to be able to do that with how this list is now? However, the rarity list will likely not be coming for a while so we shouldn’t wait on that for any upgrades we do to this list.

Just some of my thoughts.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:14 am

I agree that a separate storbelist is a reasonable direction for those pets.
    However, as we’ve seen with the rarity only lost, doing something like that can be slow-going.
    I don’t see what the harm would be in adding the rest of the 2011 store pets to the current list, since that’s whats been done in the past, and still decide to make a list for only the store pets.
    We can do both, and ensure that the 2011 store pets are kept current to the list as it stands now.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:16 am

kee. wrote:
    However, as we’ve seen with the rarity only lost, doing something like that can be slow-going.
    I don’t see what the harm would be in adding the rest of the 2011 store pets to the current list, since that’s whats been done in the past, and still decide to make a list for only the store pets.
    We can do both, and ensure that the 2011 store pets are kept current to the list as it stands now.

-kee

Ah yes. I didn’t even think of this. I think I like this suggestion best...? Adding them so that they aren’t still left unfairly hanging, and then moving on to do a separate store list.
I’m in favor of this. ^^
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberzTale » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:52 am

I agree with adding a separate store pet list to our to-do list. It needs to be done!
..Image
╔══════════════════════════════╗
xxxx. I'm Ember! lights off
xxxxxxxxxxxI'm a huge fan of the Vampire
xxx Diaries! I love Katherine Pierce!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe/Her - Scorpio
╚══════════════════════════════╝

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x.emberocsfurry-pawscredit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odin » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:07 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:
kee. wrote:

-kee

Ah yes. I didn’t even think of this. I think I like this suggestion best...? Adding them so that they aren’t still left unfairly hanging, and then moving on to do a separate store list.
I’m in favor of this. ^^

I'm in favor of adding them, for now. :) Just thought I'd like to support a separate store pets list at some point, since eventually the top of the list will be only store pets and they will just keep climbing in rarity. Since they are the only pets that will never get rereleased. lol

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:17 am

I am 100% in favour of a separate store pet list, even if it's just a list of the oldest to the youngest, or rarest to most common, which should be fairly easy with the on going rarity count. Though I'm not too sure about having their worths listed besides them.. unless we provide a range? For example, the orange cerb trades for a mid main to 5 nons, or a raven trades for a high advent to 3 nons.. that kind of range?
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me