September Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

September Discussion Thread

Postby Seasonal » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:00 pm

Rules:
-Do not ask for or suggest trades here; that's why CS has a trade forum. Mentioning that you have to trade for a pet is also considered that.
-Please do not spam, and please delete double posts.
-Don't post constantly about waiting for your pets to grow. Once maybe, but don't over-do it.
-Don't open the next month's Discussion Topic before new pets are out.
-Do NOT, and I repeat it, do NOT bash any outcomes/lineart on this thread or any other. This means being incredibly rude to the artist, and that you are breaking one of CS' rules, which is to respect other members. Yes, artists are members as well.
It's the 1st, so here is the topic!
I will add any needed rules.

To see the Outcomes, go to the outcomes thread
Here

Sorren Fey
Every month the same... If you don't want this topic closed or get warnings I recommend to follow the rules.

NO TRADING HERE! Never ever mention the word 'trade'. Really, do not. And do not hint for trades.
No private chatting.
No timezone discussions.
No countdowns. JEEZ.

Just stay on topic.

If you wish to trade, please go click the link below:
Click me!
Last edited by Seasonal on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: September Discussion Thread

Postby legoless » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:04 pm

Anyone else having problems adopting the 3rd gens? It says they're all gone, but they still show up on the adopt page. :/
Edit: Wait there it goes. I tried adopting them one at a time, if that makes a difference.
Nother edit: The adoption limit was raised to eight. How many outcomes are there? I only got two... 2/4. Not too bad.
ImageImage
Last edited by legoless on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImage Discord
CapriCoon wrote:AHH MY WORDS SUDDENLY POOFED INTO LEGO'S SIG.

legoless wrote:What sort of loser sig quotes himself?
legoless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DharSii » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:05 pm

DharSii's First Impressions

Inspired by Wendigo

Dogs

by Shima.Luan

While I still have yet to decipher what the simple blanket design could be, I'm in love with the checkerboard design on the dog. Hopefully the long-wished-for checker design will keep this pet from being overshadowed by the other dogs' incredible designs.

by Sorren Fey

Not my favorite pet this month, to be honest. I believe the blanket is a hint to what the puppy will be when it grows up because it is a boat color. While the blanket design is still incredible, I find it to look a bit to "childish" for my tastes. Sorren has always astounded me with her pets before, though, so I'm sure that these "Boat Dogs" won't be a letdown.

by Mausoleum

This blanket is a bit busy for me. I love the concept of stained glass - and I'm pretty sure that that's what this blanket represents. I'm hoping the adults are all one-color with one multi-colored outcome because I prefer simple monotoned pets to outrageously flamboyant adults.

by Shima.Luan

Easily my favorite dog this month. The dog is a gorgeous gray with a gentle design of darker gray spots, that reminds me of one of my favorite chicken smoothie designs. The blanket gives me the idea of archaic writing of some sort - but I've also heard of the idea of Crop Circles which I like. I have high hopes for this puppy.

Cats

by Shima.Luan

To start: I'm not a fan of the new cat line art. Now that I have that out of the way, I can get onto the general design of the pet. The pure white of the kitten is gorgeous, but I'm already certain that the rainbow on the blanket will taint the kitten as it grows, although I'm hoping for a pure-white outcome. The blanket's design gives off an almost electrical effect which interests me. Electric Rainbow would be a good term for these cats if the theme stays similar as they grow. I'm also concerned: the last thing we need is a rainbow-mane cat!

Butterfly Wolves

by Shima.Luan

Lots of Shima designs this month - not a bad thing! I adore the muted colors on this caterpillar and the shimmering leafy green color in the middle is mesmerizing. I can't really set my eyes on an adult for these, but I'm sure they'll be gorgeous.

by Moonflight

This caterpillar reminds me of a ball of yarn like the kind in my old art class. We'd have to dig through the drawer to find a ball of yarn and then untwist it to the center to get the color we wanted. I'm hoping to see strings flying off of the adult butterfly wolves, but Moonflight generally focuses on intricate and gorgeous bodily designs rather than extra items.

Rats

by Sorren Fey

This rat has managed to remind me of two April '09 Rats. The stripes on this rat and the spots on this rat both seem to be vaguely similar, but that may be because Sorren Fey has made the majority of the rat designs here on chicken smoothie. I'm certain that these guys will develop their own gorgeous design that looks nothing like the two of those, though.

by Sorren Fey

The simplistic design of this rat has my love. The combination of the light and dark browns along with some white, however, makes me think of chocolate. Hopefully these rats will grow up to be chocolate rats - one with a big bite out of its backside? They do look good enough to eat, at the very least.

Second Generations

by Sorren Fey

Once again, Chicken Smoothie throws us an unexpected twist - the first third generation litter! I've been anticipating some for a while, but I never expected them to come this soon! The gentle designs on these two really flow together and they both have some sort of "speckled" design in them that the puppies may inherit. I'm also wondering if Sorren looked at the first gens as she was designing these and gave some of the puppies their grandparents' designs?

Imagex3

I believe this is the "odd-puppy-out" in the litter. It's the only puppy with a dark shade of brown and pure white markings. The star in its forehead is gorgeous and I'm going to be keeping my eyes on this blanket the most.

Imagex2

The sorbet side of this puppy really shows and this blanket has a less "circly" design and more of a heart design going on in the background if you really look. It's not my favorite in the litter, but it still has that natural beauty that I simply adore.

Imagex2

I don't really like the dark-faced design on this puppy, but I do love the circles on its forepaw and chest - they almost remind me of cheetah or jaguar spots. This puppy seems to take a little bit less after the sorbet side.

Imagex1

There isn't much to look at on this puppy, but the simple design has me waiting with bated breath to see if this puppy grows up to be the most elegant of the entire litter.
Last edited by DharSii on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
DharSii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EnteHühnchen » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:05 pm

Yay, I can finally adopt the 3rd Gens xD Kept on getting an error.

Eh... Can we adopt them multiple times? :?
Last edited by EnteHühnchen on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Had a bad day? Need a laugh? Visit these sites: Not Always Right & Computer Stupidities
DisabledLlama wrote:Guinea Pig is my main occupation.
Libertas wrote:Revenge! :P
ImageImageImageImage
EnteHühnchen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:06 pm

Oh 3rd gen dogs <3 I love the new pets, so pretty =3
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:06 pm

The third gen error has been cleared up. Adopt and enjoy.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby christa renz » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:06 pm

I'm a little scared, since we could only adopt two...
christa renz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlitterRayne » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:06 pm

I could adopt the 3rd Gens, but only two.

ImageImage

These are the two I got, anyone have anything different? *Crosses her fingers*
They're SO cute though! Absolutely adorable!
Last edited by FlitterRayne on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remembering my Mother lost last June 17th, 2017. You are loved and well missed.
Known as "FlitterRayne" on Eldemore and Flight Rising well. Trades in both places welcomed!
FlitterRayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlossomTail » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:07 pm

I just loved the dogs, they're adorable! And what about the 3rd Gen dogs?
| B e e |

Looking for Flightrising/C$ trades!
user - tifftac

Balance: 786g | 375kt
Balance: 18C$

BlossomTail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups