For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby ShortyGinger » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:16 am

Man, I miss the spiders being regulars as well. The first pet I ever adopted from the pound was one of the first spiders. Way back then when everyone rushed to the last page to snag the oldest pets XD
ShortyGinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KyoshiYan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:30 am

Wow I feel old, been here since this bugger started back in 2008, before there was fully a pet limit for adopting and such, MAN HAS IT BEEN A WHILE. I remember the first 18th of dec. The carnage of all the july and august dogs coming back... WOW.

Edit: OMG I feel so old, I also remember when 2nd gens were the same for MONTHS.
KyoshiYan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sims2Freak » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:47 am

I only remember finding CS because I was looking for Warrior Cat things. Yet, I have none??? Even though that's why I made an account?? Silly me. I can look back in my very old trades and see I traded off list pets for nothing.

trades/viewtrade.php?id=38188072 ...... I have no words
trades/viewtrade.php?id=23439311
trades/viewtrade.php?id=38190415 ?? I dont even like horses

Look at this
Sims2Freak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:42 pm

Sims2Freak wrote:I only remember finding CS because I was looking for Warrior Cat things. Yet, I have none??? Even though that's why I made an account?? Silly me. I can look back in my very old trades and see I traded off list pets for nothing.

trades/viewtrade.php?id=38188072 ...... I have no words
trades/viewtrade.php?id=23439311
trades/viewtrade.php?id=38190415 ?? I dont even like horses

Look at this

ugh same!! i don't even remember what i traded mine away for. i just want my blackstar back :c
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrinus » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:20 pm

Boo the ghost wrote:I remember when the archive was small with no item wishlist.
(Deleted the old account and eventually came back for those wondering, I had a lot of anxiety and bad memories around the old account that meant it had to go for my own mental health)

The item wishlist is a godsend. It's like it has always been there, though. Weird to remember a time when it was not.
Currently Seeking:
Cobweb Bunny
Cyrinus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShortyGinger » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:07 am

Maybe this isn't too old of a thing, but I don't remember C$ ever being that high demand when it first came out- even when the first store pets were released. Now every time I view anything regarding trades, people have exchange rates for it and everything. When did the C$ boom happen? Did the economy adapt because of the increasing age of the website and further increased difficulty in receiving older pets?
ShortyGinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~laterose~ » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:39 pm

I really really miss the trade rant thread! It was a great place to blow off frustration and laugh at some of the silly trades people got. I felt it brought people together on this site through shared experiences. I wish we could bring it back! Personally, the site forums feel to controlled now to me, any sort of comment that disagrees with another person or the site is taken down. But hey, that just my opinion, and easily solved by only posting in forums sparingly.
Lights off
~laterose~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:43 pm

~laterose~ wrote:I really really miss the trade rant thread! It was a great place to blow off frustration and laugh at some of the silly trades people got. I felt it brought people together on this site through shared experiences. I wish we could bring it back! Personally, the site forums feel to controlled now to me, any sort of comment that disagrees with another person or the site is taken down. But hey, that just my opinion, and easily solved by only posting in forums sparingly.

i miss is a lot too :c it feels like the forums cant be used for any discussion these days unless what you are saying is 100% positive. the posts i see that get deleted sometimes are ridiculous but i understand the atmosphere they are trying to create even if i disagree with it.

speaking of the TRT; has anyone else seen an influx in outrageous trade offers since its removal? i swear the idea of being put on blast there was the only thing holding people back.
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:02 pm

I mean, there's also this: Forum/viewtopic.php?p=112826644#p112826644 basically, there was a significant amount of people who weren't using the rant threads responsibly; CS got too big to trust masses of users with rant threads, I guess lol

I've seen some really heated but not nasty debates since the rant threads were shut down and prohibited. Just gotta be careful with wording
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Julia » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:53 pm

Do you guys remember the time when it was cool to change your font? Like to use a blue tiny font.

Today it annoys me, but I do remember a time when I changed my font in every post I made, haha.
Image Image
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted __ people.
I have received __ gifts.
Julia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me