For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby mercuryyy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:42 pm

I'm in no way an 'oldie' but let me tell you, when I first joined I had no knowledge at all about list pets (which resulted in me getting ninja'd many times) I thought list pets were pets that were on someones Wishlist. So I had offered so many people these so called "lists" and they kept declining. I was so confused, I had no idea why they were declining my "super rare lists" when in reality I was being fooled.

It's really embarrassing looking back on it, I also went through my old trades ( getting really angry when young me thought she was getting this rad deal when she lost her white malk dragon. ) and my messages were so cringe, I just- ew .
mercuryyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mawsoleum » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:49 pm

it is so strange to me that this year will mark 10 years on this site

i remember adopting like 50 of each july and august pet in 08 and waiting for them to grow with my sister
but of course i adopted all of them off account please end me for my mistakes lol

toyhouse
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
want wl sitting cats
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
song of the month

hello!
you can call me grim or maw

they/them
post hardcore/hardcore/deathcore/metalcore obsessed
adult member
disc: mawsoleum
mawsoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evolve » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:32 pm

I remember having to trade without a guide to help us with what was most valuable or not. I used to be excellent, frequented the "Is this fair" Thread a lot and helped out so much! I was honored when someone on the thread said, "Ask Jessicosmic or so and so, they are really good!" Man, I was famous and known for a day xD

Then I took a year off and came back to everything being different; I now no longer know too much like I used to when I first joined. I don't even really trade anymore, I am here to adopt and be on the two forums I frequent. I tried dabbling back in the Fair Trade Thread, but I saw the trades and exited haha.

I am so scared of what will kill me in the end

For I am not prepared
I hope I will get the chance
To be someone
To be Human
Look what we've done. Look what we've done.
I would give my life to be
Human

Eyes make their

Peace in
Difficulties
With wounded
Lips and salted Cheeks. And finally we step to leave to the departure lounge of disbelief
Evolve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:06 am

Evolve wrote:I remember having to trade without a guide to help us with what was most valuable or not. I used to be excellent, frequented the "Is this fair" Thread a lot and helped out so much! I was honored when someone on the thread said, "Ask Jessicosmic or so and so, they are really good!" Man, I was famous and known for a day xD

Then I took a year off and came back to everything being different; I now no longer know too much like I used to when I first joined. I don't even really trade anymore, I am here to adopt and be on the two forums I frequent. I tried dabbling back in the Fair Trade Thread, but I saw the trades and exited haha.

Same here. It's weird how much trade values change over time.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CanisCoyote » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:59 pm

I remember taking small break and then when I came back, everyone was head over heals for the store raven dog. Like when did that suddenly get popular? I would get so many trades for mine I had to put it in my rules not to offer on it.

Art selling/trading/buying - toyhou.se - My art gallery - Petz Site
Please link to my toyhou.se for all art credit. Thank you.
[I'm very scatterbrained, if I randomly stop replying to a convo or forget about some art I will be glad to receive another PM from you! It probably got buried in my inbox and erased from my brain.]
I LOVE ART TRADES
CanisCoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boo the ghost » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:56 am

I remember when the archive was small with no item wishlist.
(Deleted the old account and eventually came back for those wondering, I had a lot of anxiety and bad memories around the old account that meant it had to go for my own mental health)
Boo the ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jengatower » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:26 pm

when i first joined there were adoptable spiders and no "other species" option. when i came back a few years later i was so confused. i wonder why spiders aren't a regularly adoptable species anymore. did people hate them that much?

there also wasn't a mass naming option on the adopting page. i remember struggling to think of a good name for my pets, but they ended up sounding really dumb lol
^listening to sweet trip^
semi-inactive
they/she

jengatower

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:27 pm

jengatower wrote:when i first joined there were adoptable spiders and no "other species" option. when i came back a few years later i was so confused. i wonder why spiders aren't a regularly adoptable species anymore. did people hate them that much?

there also wasn't a mass naming option on the adopting page. i remember struggling to think of a good name for my pets, but they ended up sounding really dumb lol

i think i joined around the last few months spiders were released regularly as adoptables. while i miss them now, at the time I hated them so much i didn't even adopt them.. it took me a while to learn that I should adopt as many of each pet as possible for future trading purposes; for a few months I would adopt 1-3 of each litter because i didn't want to "take care" of more then i could handle. what was i thinking??
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiv » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:41 pm

geometry wrote:
jengatower wrote:when i first joined there were adoptable spiders and no "other species" option. when i came back a few years later i was so confused. i wonder why spiders aren't a regularly adoptable species anymore. did people hate them that much?

i think i joined around the last few months spiders were released regularly as adoptables. while i miss them now, at the time I hated them so much i didn't even adopt them.. it took me a while to learn that I should adopt as many of each pet as possible for future trading purposes; for a few months I would adopt 1-3 of each litter because i didn't want to "take care" of more then i could handle. what was i thinking??

Haha how were we to know a simple common to become a rare nowadays! Honestly I did the same, I felt like I was being greedy for adopting out the max amount....but now it's like...wow...wish I kept all my old pets :'^))))
Must...have...all outcomes! Must have....duplicates!!!

I'm glad there are people who do enjoy the spiders, all pets need some love :^p
she/her / adult / artist
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MasterLiaslentak » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:29 am

Wow, this is a really strange, but oddly rewarding thing to say: Tomorrow is my 10 year anniversary on the website.

Now, you see I didn't join until January of 2009, which is technically my official time, however, I adopted pets as far back as July 22nd, 2008. I count it because way back when, Chickensmoothie allowed for a very short period of time for you to place adopted pets that were not assigned to an account into your account.

https://chickensmoothie.com/accounts/vi ... geStart=60

My last five pets in this group are all from that date!

Again, I can't believe it's been almost ten whole years....
MasterLiaslentak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me