For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby Honey Raven » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:24 pm

I remember the first Easter Egg Hunt. It started off as you could hunt once every 12 hours, then it switched to once every 4. And instead of getting tokens you could redeem for whatever you wanted, you got bunnies *or items*. The board was full of Swapping X for X trade threads. The swap thread would have been helpful back then. I remember setting my alarm to go off every 4 hours so I wouldn't miss a chance to get the UR Butterbun or the Joker Bun. :lol: Then we realized there was an amount limit, not just time so I was waking up in the middle of the night for no reason. :lol:

Edit: I used paint for my wishlist. I saved a pic of every pet I needed, added them one by one and then uploaded it to photobucket. Then when I got one, I would just edit the pic there.

Honey Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PitchBlack » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:35 pm

O my gosh, I can think of soo many things I remember
The old layout, aww, I would stare at that little July PPS for hours at a time wondering how I would get one. Plus that little gray pup on the adopt button, I always wondered why you couldn't adopt that pup since it was on the button. Also the big pic of Avian at the top which I actually miss. I really like that layout a lot
Hmm, the adopting of one pet at a time, which I hated x]
O, I remember when there was no limit on how many pets you could adopt so I adopted like 100 Oct 08 dogs before they closed that off
Hmm, I remember before the rarity system was out and how much easier it was back then to get a dream pet
I remember being in the first 3000 users and thinking the place was huge XD. I would have never guessed that now we would have over 130,000
Hmm, I remember the old forum where there was no pet chat, no clubs or armies, no Chicken Smoothie chat, no Adult chat. I remember just general chat and that the trading and adoptions were all on the same thread
Gosh, I can remember so much more but I don't feel like typing it all x]
And yea, I have also aged twice since I have been an active member on here ^_^

O, and for the wishlist thing XD. I hated having to get into photobucket and change it once I needed another pet or had to take one off, that was soo annoying x]
[[ She/Her * Adult * Married * Introvert ]]

<———- Meet Kimora, I was given her because I was an oekaki mod from 2011 to 2016.

August 13, 2022 - As I have observed over the last year, generosity is very easy to come by in this society. There are always bad apples lurking in shadows, alas I havent had to deal with these menaces yet.
PitchBlack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yamanaka Shin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:40 pm

I remember when the Oct & Nov 08 Dogs were pretty much not worth crap except the Joker, and the July 08 PPS was the MOST WANTED pet.
Yamanaka Shin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby harlaqwynne » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:00 pm

FeatherTail wrote:I remember when there was no account system, so you had to bookmark each pet's page or save the codes somewhere.

I think I still have my pets' codes saved somewhere. XD
I miss the old layout. It was so pretty. =] I don't think I kept a wishlist because it was so hard to keep it updated. The Pound was always a nightmare. XD I hated sitting there for an hour hoping it would load but I still put up with it so I could possibly get a rare. And I remember getting so excited when we got an RP forum. XD
I am currently working full time as well as going to school full time so please forgive me if it takes a while to reply to RPs, trades, and the like.

Neat, organized, alert, perfectionist, scientific, responsible.
Can be critical, egotistical, rough, opinionated.

Image Image
harlaqwynne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KillerGramcracker <3 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:03 pm

I remember when i had every toxic, then my friends wanted one and now i only have 1 XD

I remember just clicking as manny times as possible to adopt like, 100 of each pet XDD
KillerGramcracker <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mirage. » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:44 pm

I remember when my favourites bar was FUUUUUULL of CS pets. It was terrible. xDD
KIKI SAYS:

back for summer event...
mirage.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:10 pm

I remember the tan layout.

I remember when there was no limit, I'd adopt 5 dogs a day so I could have a growth each day.

I remember when the "trading system" was you giving your pet to a specific user and trusting them to do the same.

I remember when it was more fun to collect art to use for our signatures of the pets we wanted rather than trade pets.

I remember being scolded once because these boards were slower than what I was used to, so I posted in nearly every thread just to make conversation. Which wouldn't happen for a day or two. :shock:
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby evergreen » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:21 pm

i can hardly remember the old layout. I remember the day that i signed on and the new one was there and i was shocked! I also remember when i first joined and didn't realise that one newborn could have a bunch of outcomes. I gave a bunch to the pound!! SO STUPID!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
evergreen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nighthawk » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:21 pm

I'm not that old a member, but I was accountless for quite a while there. Still have some of my accountless pets from 08. ^^

I loved the old Pocky pixel pets! Think we'll ever get them back? =)

I remember when the old butterwolves, 2nd gens, warriors, tess horses, and card dogs flooded the free adoptions threads. Now a lot of them are rares... O.o
Last edited by Nighthawk on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nighthawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby asexual » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:39 pm

I only adopted one pet way back in 08, I think it was a sun newborn. Lost the code, and never put my pup anywhere to see it grow. Now I finally stubble back upon this site so much later. I wonder what my first pup grew into? xD
╔══════════════════════════╗

FR Trade Thread
CS Trade Thread
asexual

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me