Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Poll!* ♡

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you use C$ to ‘buy’ pets/items for your collection?

All the time!
25%
Yes, sometimes.
49%
No.
9%
No, I never have success.
5%
I haven’t tried it.
12%

Total votes : 106

Re: Collection Discussion Thread V.1 ♡ Poll Finally Updated!

Postby pink?pink. » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:55 am

rottenrats wrote:i adore butterfly wolves and have been collecting them for maybe half a year now, yet im still not sure how many there are exactly?

i do keep track of them, sorted year by year, however ive never counted an exact number. any ideas?

here's how im doing currently. however, i have a few sitting around in my pets without a group that are meant for td swaps.
honestly, collecting them is a big comfort thing for me <3 oh, and im not sure if i should consider the ur bee + peach part of my goal ahh??

Here is my count of all bwolves, but my count does not include pps as I consider that a separate collection. Hope this helps!

Also update! I have only 164 bwolves left! I am dreading the point where I have to obtain the listies as I can't participate in offsite trading, but fingers crossed I can build up fodder or win a crazy raffle haha! Congrats to Werefly a few pages back for completing your collection! That's so fantastic!
──-────────────────────
𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚏𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚝, 𝚟𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚗, 𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚓
𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘! 𝚒'𝚖 𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒'𝚖 𝚊 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜..

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
..𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚌𝚢𝚗𝚒𝚌 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎
𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎. 𝚒 𝚏𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚔𝚢
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍. 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚊 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚘𝚛
𝚊 𝚙𝚖 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit collection listo
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████ █
pink?pink.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Werefly » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:11 am

rottenrats wrote:i adore butterfly wolves and have been collecting them for maybe half a year now, yet im still not sure how many there are exactly?

i do keep track of them, sorted year by year, however ive never counted an exact number. any ideas?

here's how im doing currently. however, i have a few sitting around in my pets without a group that are meant for td swaps.
honestly, collecting them is a big comfort thing for me <3 oh, and im not sure if i should consider the ur bee + peach part of my goal ahh??

There are currently 898 butterfly wolf pets on this website (plus or minus one; I'm still in the process of verifying I own them all), including EPPS, PPS, and reskins. This number also includes the butterfly wolves released so far this year.

What I do is I keep all my bwolves in one big group and then sort them year-by-year in a thread under the Adoptable Collections & Clickables forum. (Like this.) That still leaves my groups easy to navigate, but also provides me a place to keep them organized. :)

pink?pink. wrote:
    Here is my count of all bwolves, but my count does not include pps as I consider that a separate collection. Hope this helps!

Also update! I have only 164 bwolves left! I am dreading the point where I have to obtain the listies as I can't participate in offsite trading, but fingers crossed I can build up fodder or win a crazy raffle haha! Congrats to Werefly a few pages back for completing your collection! That's so fantastic!

Woohoo! You got this! Hopefully you get some really awesome pets (or even some butterfly wolf listies?? :0) from Dec 18th this year!
And thank you sm! <3

Image Image

BLACK LIVES MATTER

artist, wannabe game developer
my (complete) butterfly wolf collection!
Werefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the clockwork cat » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:04 pm

@ store convo - hi! I'm still quite new and I'm struggling big time with stores, I've been able to bulk trade for some with my main lists but I'm all out of good fodder now. Getting the stores from 2010 and 2009 I knew would be hard, I have a few friends with some for trade but I doubt I'll be able to afford them. Even basic litter swaps are almost impossible, not even list stores either, people want me to add for 2018 swaps and all. :T I am determined however, if anything it'll be a good investment for the future.

If I have any stores anyone is missing and vice versa, I'd love to help you guys out if I can. I have 121 so far, only 126 to go!
Clockwork • She/Her • Adult • UK • Virgo

Black Lives Matter • • LGBTQ+ Supporter

the clockwork cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snom » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:24 am

Upon the mention of store pets, I feel like now is an appropriate time to jump into the conversation, or rather, talk about my collection because I love it.

I’m so close to a full collection, but the Brown Sleinir is really difficult for me to find, even though I’m offering two UR Holly dogs and/or UR Foal, etc. :/

I had a whole store collection in 2014 but some bad advice convinced me to trade a large chunk of my store pets for a Sunjewel. :\ So, now I’m trying to regather the pets, and I have 246/247 of them, so hopefully I’ll finish this year.

My search for the Sleipnir became a joke to some people in a group chat, which is fine, but it’s still :/

(My store pet group has 247 pets because my friend named a rat Brown Sleipnir and gave it to me as a joke so I just rolled with it.)
7DS Grand Cross
aficionado/garbage

— • —

snom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby greatblueikran » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:41 pm

I have a good start on my store pets back when I started there were people to help with that and now I'm at a stand still because ik that I dont have anything worth them in my tradegrops let alone be able to get them I would love to have one of each store pet but that's a long term goal

But on the other hand I do have a complete said set and i think macaw set
My husband is Turukmakto we might trade unfairly and I might be helping him occasionally
Please don't ban us

My bday is dec1st

[b][color=#BF0000]I am a [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3655574]holibomber![/url][/color]
[color=#008000]I have gifted 32people.[/color]
[color=#BF0000]I have received 8gifts.[/color][/b]
greatblueikran

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snom » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:59 pm

I’m gonna cry. I finally did it.

After four years of beating myself up over this trade, I finally got a whole collection again.
7DS Grand Cross
aficionado/garbage

— • —

snom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thornes » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:00 pm

Hi! I wasn't able to make updates on my collection, because of a huge exam I had to study for, but now that's over I can finally make an update and boy have I been excited to make this update! In the past few weeks I have been able to bring my count down to 275 pets to go. Yes, that's right! I am now below the 300 mark, and I must say I have had a CRAZY trading week where all of the sudden people responded to my trades, accepted them, edited them (without wanting huge overpay!!) and it has been amazing, really! I wouldn't have thought to be this close to completing at this point already. I am so excited!!

It is honestly so insane how CLOSE I am to completely most of these years. 2010 - 2016 is all around the 97-99% completed and it excites me to see how the numbers of pets I still need keep decreasing. I can't wait to start completing some of these years!

Complete Collection Count

2008 || 122 / 202 ( 60% completed )
    2009 || 539 / 650 ( 83% completed )
    2010 || 757 / 779 ( 97% completed )
    2011 || 841 / 849 ( 99% completed )
    2012 || 788 / 796 ( 99% completed )
    2013 || 801 / 816 ( 96% completed )
    2014 || 996 / 1006 ( 99% completed )
    2015 || 1018 / 1033 ( 99% completed )
    2016 || 948 / 954 ( 99% completed )
    2017 || 901 / 901 ( 100% completed )
    2018 || 1003 / 1003 ( 100% completed )
    2019 || 684 / 684 ( 100% completed )
    Special Releases || 3 / 41 ( 7% completed )
Thornes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zivot-po-setmeni » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:31 pm

What is/are your goals on CS?

I want to collect every monthly release pet. I am not nearly half there, but I can tell, I am pretty good at it. As you can see in my trading rules. (Edit: those are missing from that year)
2008 - 129
2009 - 451
2010 - 124
2011 - 2
2012-2016 - 0
2017 - 2
2018 - 14

How close are you to completion?

Not at all.

How long have you worked on this goal?

I created account in november '11. I remember it as it was yesterday. I saw a cool pet on someone's blog and I wanted it too. So I clicked, created account and as I adopted a dog (note, there were staff litter that month) I said to myself "I don't need 30 of them! 3 is enough!" A big mistake, that I found out years later, when I kinda found out my account in 2013 again. Since then it was race with time.
Traditionally, a Daruma doll is given as a gift of encouragement for someone who is working to reach a goal. One eye comes already painted on, but you paint the other eye on when you achieve your goal. I will add an eye once I finnish my "monthly release" collection. ^_^ Lucky cat/Beckoning cat brings good luck.
zivot-po-setmeni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:12 am

Thornes, you're a legend! You'll probably be done by the new year ahahah

As for me, I've been happily doing more and I'm about to open an art shop :)

Someone traded me a '13 store pet for a fair C$ price and then someone asked for about 20 tokens and offered another store pet lol
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thornes » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:54 am

MySpoons wrote:Thornes, you're a legend! You'll probably be done by the new year ahahah

As for me, I've been happily doing more and I'm about to open an art shop :)

Someone traded me a '13 store pet for a fair C$ price and then someone asked for about 20 tokens and offered another store pet lol

Ooo I doubt it! I think I'll eventually get stuck on those july/august 2008 pets! haha!
update: I will be inactive for a couple of days, I hope to be able to reply to everything on friday again!

Have you heard about Dappervolk yet?
Register using my referral (Thornes) and you get to choose two rares from this group!

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮

Hoarding dogs!
7700 / ∞

All The Good Boys
My Collection Thread
My Trades Thread

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

-
-
-
-
-
-
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮

Working on a complete collection! (97 pets to go!)
Feel free to trade me anything that's on my wishlist!

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
Thornes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me