Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Poll!* ♡

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you use C$ to ‘buy’ pets/items for your collection?

All the time!
17%
Yes, sometimes.
53%
No.
14%
No, I never have success.
3%
I haven’t tried it.
14%

Total votes : 1145

Re: Collection Discussion Thread V.1 ♡ Poll Finally Updated!

Postby muted.wolf » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:53 pm

I feel like I've recently posted here, but I'm not 100% sure, still an interesting update I think! Since Dec. 2 I've gotten over 1,500+ unique WL pets from trades, offsite trades (Flight Rising), gifts, and free adoption threads!

I recently came back to CS on the date above after leaving in October of 2017, before the Halloween event started. And before that I thought I was going to quit forever so I gave all pets away in a huge raffle in Nov. of 2014. I didn't come back to CS until May of 2017. With only about 5 months of active time in 2017 and less than a month this year, I've already made a HUGE dent in the monthly release pets of each year, especially for the years 2015-18! (My WL is still 112 pages long but pffffffffff, my 2018 pets only take up 7 pages woot!)

I thought my goal of collecting all pets wouldn't be achievable, especially with the lists growing (2011 store pets on the advent list? that's crazy!). But at this rate I can see it being very achievable! The biggest help has been the free adoption forums for the bulk of the UC and under monthly release pets. Off-site trades (gotten around 420+ pets through them so far) have been the best for older uncommon, rare, and list pets, since I don't have a lot of trade pets from events yet. I think part of the reason I left in 2017 is that I was going heavy into grinding treasure in FR to trade for pets on CS, but I'm going to try to not over due it this time around.

Sorry if this is long winded, I just wanted to share what's been on my mind recently! Now seems as good a time as any time to join CS and have a dream, I think it is still very viable for new and old users alike to be able to accomplish their collection and pet goals, that just seems really cool to me!
muted.wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:56 pm

Small but exciting update! I finally managed to trade for the rainbow owl egg. ;A;
Now that leaves only one owl left...the dreaded starry PPS. *cue dramatic music*
Seriously though, it's crazy the demand that little fuzzball has. I hope I can manage to get it with the pets I've managed to build up with offsite trades tonight. ;;

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Werefly » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:47 pm

Queenie! wrote:Small but exciting update! I finally managed to trade for the rainbow owl egg. ;A;
Now that leaves only one owl left...the dreaded starry PPS. *cue dramatic music*
Seriously though, it's crazy the demand that little fuzzball has. I hope I can manage to get it with the pets I've managed to build up with offsite trades tonight. ;;

YESS!! So happy for you!
Werefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:33 am

muted.wolf wrote:I feel like I've recently posted here, but I'm not 100% sure, still an interesting update I think! Since Dec. 2 I've gotten over 1,500+ unique WL pets from trades, offsite trades (Flight Rising), gifts, and free adoption threads!

I recently came back to CS on the date above after leaving in October of 2017, before the Halloween event started. And before that I thought I was going to quit forever so I gave all pets away in a huge raffle in Nov. of 2014. I didn't come back to CS until May of 2017. With only about 5 months of active time in 2017 and less than a month this year, I've already made a HUGE dent in the monthly release pets of each year, especially for the years 2015-18! (My WL is still 112 pages long but pffffffffff, my 2018 pets only take up 7 pages woot!)

I thought my goal of collecting all pets wouldn't be achievable, especially with the lists growing (2011 store pets on the advent list? that's crazy!). But at this rate I can see it being very achievable! The biggest help has been the free adoption forums for the bulk of the UC and under monthly release pets. Off-site trades (gotten around 420+ pets through them so far) have been the best for older uncommon, rare, and list pets, since I don't have a lot of trade pets from events yet. I think part of the reason I left in 2017 is that I was going heavy into grinding treasure in FR to trade for pets on CS, but I'm going to try to not over due it this time around.

Sorry if this is long winded, I just wanted to share what's been on my mind recently! Now seems as good a time as any time to join CS and have a dream, I think it is still very viable for new and old users alike to be able to accomplish their collection and pet goals, that just seems really cool to me!

Welcome back, and well done! I definitely think it is viable - it's always so cool to have another face around working towards the same goal - so best of luck with it! Your progress so far is huge!!

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 2008 dodge caliber » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:29 am

I honestly can't wait for December 18th. And for Holiday Break to come so I can hopefully get up to 50 pets off of my wishlist hmm...

I'm still thinking about new goals for 2019.

Also, finding those last few darn 2014 normal event pets is hard. I've only seen one in the past month.

chuck
they/them
EST
9.15.20 | 2.15.22
taking semi-hiatus
--
full time student
replies are slow

x

2008 dodge caliber

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chemicello » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:55 am

Chemicello wrote:
horseshoe crab wrote:
Do you guys have any goals to complete in 2019?

I would like to achieve 15 of the last 18 pets on my wishlist c:
The three I'm not setting myself up to get are eat me, drink me, and the UR bee a because I doubt I can raise the funds for those any time soon XD

Ok, little update from two weeks trading. ...
Somehow I'm down to 11 pets left to get (excluding the 3 I mentioned before)! I found a couple of users willing to do some offsite trading so have made a couple of leaps in my collection c:
Last edited by Chemicello on Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔════════════════╗
chemi .INFJ. she/her
ravenclaw. french/ english.
*houseplant enthusiast*
*mountain and trail runner*
I love roleplaying, and
helping new players. pm me
if you want help or a chat!

╚════════════════╝

Chemicello

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heart shaped box » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:51 am

@Jankies i've been working on my butterfly wolves since the end of 2016. i took a few long breaks from cs, too, before i started collecting.
    @Queenie! congrats on the rainbow egg! i hope you can get the starry pps soon. that's probably my favorite owl, it's so cute.

ahh guess what i finally got!! Image
    i got the last butterfly wolf i needed from 2014, as well, so now i have to work for the older pets. i might auction a september list to see if i can get some older rares or lists. have you guys had much luck with auctions for your collections?
...............................................Image
hi i'm kate
my kalons
heart shaped box

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Werefly » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:30 am

cactus; wrote:
    @Jankies i've been working on my butterfly wolves since the end of 2016. i took a few long breaks from cs, too, before i started collecting.
    @Queenie! congrats on the rainbow egg! i hope you can get the starry pps soon. that's probably my favorite owl, it's so cute.

ahh guess what i finally got!! Image
    i got the last butterfly wolf i needed from 2014, as well, so now i have to work for the older pets. i might auction a september list to see if i can get some older rares or lists. have you guys had much luck with auctions for your collections?

So happy for you friend! As for auctions, I tried to host one, but it was a bust. Likely, however, I went about it wrong. I didn't realize how little demand zebras have, at least in comparison to some pets lower down on the Main List. :P It's a zebra! Adorable! How could you not love! they said, trying desperately to pawn theirs off.
Werefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Youtube.com » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:24 am

small update!

I'm officially 2 bats away from having a complete collection! I've had this collection for years, but I finally started to chip away at it a few months ago. through the kindness of some user here on CS, i'm only 2 away and I couldn't be more excited!

also,
I'm still 2 cats away from having a complete collection!
(the ur ice cat & the ur bengal) I'm hoping that december 18th is kind to me and helps me chip away at this collection :,)

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ link © link ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖
──( somewhere, something incredible )─────
texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext

───────────( is waiting to be known. )───

Youtube.com

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zphynnx » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:18 am

Jankies wrote:
Zphynnx wrote:I'm really happy!
I got the 2009 St. Patrick's day dog for my collection :)

It's gonna be a pain to get other rare event pets, however..
I'm always spying the "Free Adoptions" forum, though!

Good luck with your collection! You're trying to get all the event pets?

Ooh! Sorry for the late reply, but yes, i'm trying to get all event pets!!!
As i said, it's gonna be a pain to get them all XD but i'll try!
Zphynnx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me