Recent Rarity Change List [NEW - August Update]

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Recent Rarity Change List [NEW - August Update]

Postby wilting~rosebud » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:15 am

this owl from 2011 was COMMON but is now UNCOMMON

Image
♥wilting~rosebud♥
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image
"Do not watch the petals fall from the rose with sadness, know that, like life, things sometimes must fade, before they can bloom again."
User avatar
wilting~rosebud
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:02 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Recent Rarity Change List [NEW - August Update]

Postby Efrafa » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:24 am

♥Sterek♥ wrote:
nickjr wrote:
✿ Sasha ✿ wrote:The adult tiger store pets were VR on release though. Does this mean the whole rarity spectrum got adjusted? Because if they were VR to begin with inactive acounts can't be the answer.

Could also be that a lot of accounts that were active when the tiger store pets were released but did not have them are now inactive

Ick, that's a mouthful. Description of the accounts I'm talking about:
> active when tiger store pets were released
> inactive now
> no tiger store pets


Most likely the rarity was affected by unlocking hoard groups. If a group is locked, those pets are not counted toward rarity. Unlocking a group puts them back into circulation which, consequently, makes them less rare.

Since the tiger litter was released, we have seen TWO additional 'lion store pet' litters. As the novelty wears off, hoarders begin to unlock those groups.
ImageImage
User avatar
Efrafa
 
Posts: 11969
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:19 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Recent Rarity Change List [NEW - August Update]

Postby nickjr » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:27 am

Efrafa wrote:
Most likely the rarity was affected by unlocking hoard groups. If a group is locked, those pets are not counted toward rarity. Unlocking a group puts them back into circulation which, consequently, makes them less rare.

Since the tiger litter was released, we have seen TWO additional 'lion store pet' litters. As the novelty wears off, hoarders begin to unlock those groups.

That's odd... I haven't heard anything about the lock status of a group affecting rarity. Where did you get this information? I've only ever seen the wording "pets on active accounts" hence my really wordy description
Was your pet adopted December 18, any year, or December 24, 2011? It is most likely an older pet! CLICK ME to identify your pet!

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.


Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very busy IRL
I have intentionally turned off signatures and PMs

Image
Banner by Moonflight Image Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
User avatar
nickjr
 
Posts: 5696
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:54 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Recent Rarity Change List [NEW - August Update]

Postby Cellar x Elijah » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:03 pm

nickjr wrote:
Efrafa wrote:
Most likely the rarity was affected by unlocking hoard groups. If a group is locked, those pets are not counted toward rarity. Unlocking a group puts them back into circulation which, consequently, makes them less rare.

Since the tiger litter was released, we have seen TWO additional 'lion store pet' litters. As the novelty wears off, hoarders begin to unlock those groups.

That's odd... I haven't heard anything about the lock status of a group affecting rarity. Where did you get this information? I've only ever seen the wording "pets on active accounts" hence my really wordy description


I've never once heard anything like this either and highly doubt it's true. That would create highly inaccurate rarity data to do it that way, as rarity is not about how many are available to offer on, it's about how many there are on active accounts in comparison to how many accounts are active.

~Elijah
Auction - N/A Trade Thread Offsite - [W]UR Tiger
We' have a UR Tiger (7-9 Nons), UR Lion (1 Non + 1 Low Main) and a Grevys Zebra (2 Nons) for trade (DOWN).
We love trades, especially bulk and quantity trades.
Elijah may be less active than he has recently been as his mom passed early January 30th.
Cellar is also dealing with the loss of her boyfriend to cancer, please pardon all inactivity. <3
We appreciate your patience!
User avatar
Cellar x Elijah
 
Posts: 17228
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:01 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Recent Rarity Change List [NEW - August Update]

Postby Vixey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Cellar x Elijah wrote:
nickjr wrote:
Efrafa wrote:
Most likely the rarity was affected by unlocking hoard groups. If a group is locked, those pets are not counted toward rarity. Unlocking a group puts them back into circulation which, consequently, makes them less rare.

Since the tiger litter was released, we have seen TWO additional 'lion store pet' litters. As the novelty wears off, hoarders begin to unlock those groups.

That's odd... I haven't heard anything about the lock status of a group affecting rarity. Where did you get this information? I've only ever seen the wording "pets on active accounts" hence my really wordy description


I've never once heard anything like this either and highly doubt it's true. That would create highly inaccurate rarity data to do it that way, as rarity is not about how many are available to offer on, it's about how many there are on active accounts in comparison to how many accounts are active.

~Elijah

I think they might have been confused by wording on the rares list guide

When they say that hoarders can make a pet more valuable they mean that by putting hoards in locked groups there are less open for trade. It doesn't actually make the rarity go up.
Image
-Vix
User avatar
Vixey
 
Posts: 15750
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 4:57 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Recent Rarity Change List [NEW - August Update]

Postby Obius » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:18 am

I think what we are seeing with the Tigers is bad timing.

First off, they came about in December. Which means more kids saw and wanted them. Since it is Christmas time, many parents would gift their kids with c$ to buy them. Also its one of the most active times of the year, so it sold alot more than usual.

Second was when they got their rarities. It was March 14th 2017. Lufik posted two of them that were rare. The cub and teen stage. The adults were not listed. Or at least I could not find them listed for that time.

Third was how long inactivity took hold. I am not sure but I think it was 3 months. From December 1st to February 28th, it is about 3 months. Since most sales for store pets is on day 1, and since it is possible for some to go inactive before the 14th of December, being so close to rare, its possible we just saw the pet slip into VR by a hair when it was assigned.

At first I was wondering on the rarity shift thing. But seeing as any shift in rarity tags would cause problems if not announced (we have always been told before), I see this as unlikely. Only when I started digging up dates and posts did it make more sense it was timing.
We come bearing COOKIES!!!
Image
User avatar
Obius
 
Posts: 8854
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:34 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Recent Rarity Change List [NEW - August Update]

Postby lil rascal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:55 pm

Obius wrote:I think what we are seeing with the Tigers is bad timing.

First off, they came about in December. Which means more kids saw and wanted them. Since it is Christmas time, many parents would gift their kids with c$ to buy them. Also its one of the most active times of the year, so it sold alot more than usual.

Second was when they got their rarities. It was March 14th 2017. Lufik posted two of them that were rare. The cub and teen stage. The adults were not listed. Or at least I could not find them listed for that time.

Third was how long inactivity took hold. I am not sure but I think it was 3 months. From December 1st to February 28th, it is about 3 months. Since most sales for store pets is on day 1, and since it is possible for some to go inactive before the 14th of December, being so close to rare, its possible we just saw the pet slip into VR by a hair when it was assigned.

At first I was wondering on the rarity shift thing. But seeing as any shift in rarity tags would cause problems if not announced (we have always been told before), I see this as unlikely. Only when I started digging up dates and posts did it make more sense it was timing.


The adult tigers definitely came out as VR when they were released as some people were surprised the teen wasn't VR too. http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3380599&p=107645915&hilit=rare+tiger+store#p107645915 http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3041138&p=108657305&hilit=rare+tiger+store#p108657305

But I would say you're right that some of the adults were bought by people who then went inactive before the rarities were calculated so when they became active again recently it pushed them down to rare
User avatar
lil rascal
 
Posts: 7206
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:19 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Recent Rarity Change List [NEW - August Update]

Postby nickjr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:09 pm

lil rascal wrote:
Obius wrote:I think what we are seeing with the Tigers is bad timing.

First off, they came about in December. Which means more kids saw and wanted them. Since it is Christmas time, many parents would gift their kids with c$ to buy them. Also its one of the most active times of the year, so it sold alot more than usual.

Second was when they got their rarities. It was March 14th 2017. Lufik posted two of them that were rare. The cub and teen stage. The adults were not listed. Or at least I could not find them listed for that time.

Third was how long inactivity took hold. I am not sure but I think it was 3 months. From December 1st to February 28th, it is about 3 months. Since most sales for store pets is on day 1, and since it is possible for some to go inactive before the 14th of December, being so close to rare, its possible we just saw the pet slip into VR by a hair when it was assigned.

At first I was wondering on the rarity shift thing. But seeing as any shift in rarity tags would cause problems if not announced (we have always been told before), I see this as unlikely. Only when I started digging up dates and posts did it make more sense it was timing.


The adult tigers definitely came out as VR when they were released as some people were surprised the teen wasn't VR too. http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3380599&p=107645915&hilit=rare+tiger+store#p107645915 http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3041138&p=108657305&hilit=rare+tiger+store#p108657305

But I would say you're right that some of the adults were bought by people who then went inactive before the rarities were calculated so when they became active again recently it pushed them down to rare

I don't think the inactivity line is drawn earlier than 12ish months

But yeah, I think it's bad timing as well. Just in a different direction. posted some stuff about this earlier
Was your pet adopted December 18, any year, or December 24, 2011? It is most likely an older pet! CLICK ME to identify your pet!

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.


Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very busy IRL
I have intentionally turned off signatures and PMs

Image
Banner by Moonflight Image Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
User avatar
nickjr
 
Posts: 5696
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:54 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Recent Rarity Change List [NEW - August Update]

Postby Crystalwolf14 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:41 am

Image

Did this one just go down to uncommon? I thought it was rare when I checked on Dec. 18th, but i could be wrong. It’s from Halloween 2012
ImageHello! I'm Crystalwolf14, but you can just call me Crystal. I'm an introverted artist and avid
tennis player, provided I'm not injured. I love binge watching anime and reading mangas in my
free time or when I'm procrastinating. PM me if you want to chat!
User avatar
Crystalwolf14
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:16 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Recent Rarity Change List [NEW - August Update]

Postby Good » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:03 am

Crystalwolf14 wrote:Image

Did this one just go down to uncommon? I thought it was rare when I checked on Dec. 18th, but i could be wrong. It’s from Halloween 2012

No, I believe that one was always uncommon since its release.
Image
User avatar
Good
 
Posts: 3908
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:32 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: All Hallows Eve, evie the kitten, Hocaro Kitsune, Irrylath, makimakima, NekoSnek and 0 guests