Guide: Extended release pets

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Guide: Pets with contradicting release and adoption date

Postby Shian » Sun May 26, 2013 7:35 am

The Nov 08 biscut rats were available through Dec because of the advent calendar.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun May 26, 2013 8:30 am

Shian wrote:The Nov 08 biscut rats were available through Dec because of the advent calendar.

Biscuit rats?
-looks at archive page-
So just the tan-ish/pinkish ones were available through December, not the blue one?

Thanks for the confirmation either way :3 I felt like I saw something saying that some of the 08 rats were available for more than a month, but I couldn't find the post to confirm it.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sun May 26, 2013 9:07 am

nickjr wrote:
Shian wrote:The Nov 08 biscut rats were available through Dec because of the advent calendar.

Biscuit rats?
-looks at archive page-
So just the tan-ish/pinkish ones were available through December, not the blue one?

Thanks for the confirmation either way :3 I felt like I saw something saying that some of the 08 rats were available for more than a month, but I couldn't find the post to confirm it.

All of them were I thought but I'm not sure on the blue one.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun May 26, 2013 9:10 am

Shian wrote:
nickjr wrote:

Biscuit rats?
-looks at archive page-

All of them were I thought but I'm not sure on the blue one.

All right, I'll put them up shortly~
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Porcelaine » Sun May 26, 2013 11:42 am

Very helpful, thanks so much.^^
[list]Adopt a Newbie - Newbie Guide & Index - Need Help? -Get to know me - Characters

Hi there lovie, I'm Porcelaine
I'm always open to friendly folk, feel free to send me a hello!

The Adopt a Newbie program is constantly looking for volunteers to apply to help guide a new member!

I'm not as active as other members, my replies may take a while. Thank you for your patience!

Kindness is no virtue, but a common duty.
Porcelaine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hellagia » Tue May 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Thanks so much for making this! I always forget about these types of pets. Someone declined a trade with one of my butterwolves because I forgot that they were out for a long time and I was trying to ask for a pet that wasn't released for as long, so this is a tremendous help. :D Thanks so much!
Last edited by Hellagia on Mon November 9, 66174026 BCE 12:01 AM, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Look, a shooting star! Make a wish. Wait, why is it getting bigger.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hellagia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Tue May 28, 2013 2:53 pm

Yes thank you so much for doing this.

There are so many of those 2nd Gen's and butterfly wolves floating around and I always feel awkward trying to explain how they are worth so little compared to pets released around the same time. This is a wonderful place to refer people to from now on when I come across someone offering one of those 2nd Gen's adopted in July '09 for another more valuable July '09 pet for example.
^_^
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:30 am

Glad you guys like the guide :3

-----

I was digging around in my old posts and found this topic (old topic from 2009; don't post in it, or else you'll be gravedigging o__o I'm linking that topic only for informational purposes).
(Also, the "new layout" mentioned in that first post is probably referring to the August 2009 layout change; I believe that one had Avian climbing up the left-hand side, and all of the wooden signs were also on the left side.)

To be specific, I found this post, which explained why some of the long-release pets were taken down. (I'm pretty sure Ricorn was a staff member back in 2009. I don't remember ever seeing Ricorn without a colored name. xD)

The only problem is that I cannot really remember which pets were the ones that were taken down when the layout changed in August 2009, and I'm having trouble figuring out which pets people are referring to in that topic.

I think the thread is only mentioning the pets found in this post (other than the Scribble Gears, which was released in November 2009). I also think that "the one 2nd Gen litter there for the newbies to adopt" that Ricorn mentions is the Gray litter that was released in January 2009.

If someone could help, that'd be great, because I'd love to get rid of the question marks on the front page @__@

Also, that thread mentions Tess Horses as if they weren't down for long, but I thought they were taken down May 20, 2009...?

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soratha » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:53 am

nickjr wrote:"Vampire x Mismatch" 2nd gen litter
November 2008 (bottom litter) through late 2009?

I've seen a few of these with "true dates" as late as August '09 not too long ago. I even saw a couple in the pound when I was digging through.
*proof 1 {user's pet}*
*proof 2 {poundie}*

When I just ran back to the pound to find the link, I spotted this one right next to the one I was looking for in the group :lol:

EDIT
I think these ones were there early April '10 but removed before the 14th. (old cache for the win.)
*dog from April*
Last edited by Soratha on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Soratha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:00 am

WolfWarriorCatz wrote:
nickjr wrote:"Vampire x Mismatch" 2nd gen litter
November 2008 (bottom litter) through late 2009?

I've seen a few of these with "true dates" as late as August '09 not too long ago. I even saw a couple in the pound when I was digging through.
*proof 1 {user's pet}*
*proof 2 {poundie}*

When I just ran back to the pound to find the link, I spotted this one right next to the one I was looking for in the group :lol:

Ooh, that's great! Thanks :3

I haven't seen any of those 2nd gens with true-dates past August 2009 as well, so I'm beginning to think that they were taken down with the new site layout in August 2009.

edit: Thanks for digging up more stuff! I completely forgot about WayBack machine |DD;

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me