Guide: Extended release pets

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Guide: Extended release pets

Postby softpaw » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:48 am

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask tis question, but I feel like this would count as an extended release?

I was reading The Beginners Guide to Store Pets! when I came across this piece of trivia;

2. Previous C$ store pets were also among the many pets re-released on December 18th, 2009.

I was able to find some more quotes stating that 2009 store pets had been rereleased. This one is from May 27, 2011.

Minimanta wrote:
Chry wrote:
TBB + Maple wrote:The Orange Cerberus was a store pet, and it was re-realeased.

The cerberus was actually in the halloween exchange store. Not the C$ store, even though you needed C$. It wasn't technically classed as a store pet considering it was only around for halloween and was classed as a halloween special.

No, the cerberus and the skelly bunny where both in the C$ store not the Halloween 'store', they're definitely store pets. Eat me and Drink me dogs was also rereleased but I think they decided against rereleasing store pets after those.

Is there any validity to what these users are saying? I've never seen any storepets with a rerelease adoption date, do they actually exist or are these posts incorrect?
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:05 pm

I don't have any links on me right now, but if you'll believe my word then I believe the Orange Cerberus was rereleased on December 18, 2010 by mistake, and they weren't removed from the accounts that did get them, so you might see a few Orange Cerberus pets floating around with an adoption date of 2010-12-18.

That should be the only time you'll see a store pet with an adoption date of December 18, aside from the store pets that are available for purchase during December.

(I wasn't around in December 2010, so unfortunately I have no "i was there and I remember" memories about this lol)

As for terminology, I do not believe any store pets are extended releases, and I would consider any Orange Cerberus with an adoption date of 2010-12-18 a rerelease.

I'm not sure about 2009. But I was around in December 2009 and I don't remember anything about rereleased store pets. Store pets are not rereleased because it would be very unfair to the users who spent their real money to get C$ for the store pets, hence why the 2010 Orange Cerberus rerelease is a mistake.

If someone else could confirm/deny what I'm remembering, that would be great

EDIT 2018-08-11 (original post 2018-08-07): I am so sorry for the incorrect information in my original reply!
The orange cerberus was definitely rereleased in 2009 and 2010. The skeleton bunny might have been rereleased in 2010.
The Eat Me and Drink Me were available in the C$ store during 2009's rerelease, so any Eat Me or Drink Me you see with a December 18, 2009 date was... most likely just purchased regularly and it happened to be on December 18. But maybe they were rereleased. Only the original owners of any Eat Me or Drink Me adopted during the rerelease day could tell, I guess lol
I'm still not sure about other store pets or years, but I'm pretty confident that no store pets were rereleased after 2010.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:36 am

The only store pets that I know of that were ever in re-releases were indeed the orange cerb (2009, 2010), and the skelebun (2009, 2010)
    I happen to have owned one at some point, so here's a 2010 re-released skelebun link for ya.
    Here's a 2009 skelebun. It's even still with its original adopter, so the lack of a "Given to by: CS Store" link proves for good that it was in fact a re-release. (Here's a store-bought bun to compare.)
    Here's a 2009 re-release cerb for good measure.

For all your old post needs, here and here are "What did you get on the 18th" posts containing both store pets in 2009.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:55 am

I was searching for an hour last night and didn't find anything as clear cut as those two posts LOL Thank you!
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:00 am

Just popping in real quick to let you know that the links for the Blue Ice rat and the Pink Sorb in your post here are mixed up. The "to the end of August 2008" link for the sorb litter links to the rat, and the "to August ?, 2008" link for the ice rats links to a sorb^^

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:52 am

ZΕL wrote:
    Just popping in real quick to let you know that the links for the Blue Ice rat and the Pink Sorb in your post here are mixed up. The "to the end of August 2008" link for the sorb litter links to the rat, and the "to August ?, 2008" link for the ice rats links to a sorb^^

wow how did that happen LOL Thanks! Fixed ^^

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asteri.sm » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:00 pm

I'm confused, I can't find hedgehogs anywhere in the archives?
ImageImage

Asteri.sm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SeaCrest » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:25 pm

Asteri.sm wrote:I'm confused, I can't find hedgehogs anywhere in the archives?

They're on a modified Syrian Hamster base!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
SeaCrest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asteri.sm » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:08 pm

SeaCrest wrote:
Asteri.sm wrote:I'm confused, I can't find hedgehogs anywhere in the archives?

They're on a modified Syrian Hamster base!

Thanks!
ImageImage

Asteri.sm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ahirked » Fri May 01, 2020 12:16 am