Guide: Extended release pets

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Guide: Pets with contradicting release and adoption date

Postby Anza » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:57 pm

Helpful thread! Some people have been asking why some pets have dates that aren't accurate by the archive!
costal cowgirl / law student / CS member since 2012
01/2022 UPDATE ---> I've chosen to leave the character community however,
I am keeping my closed species adopts as they mean quite a lot to me
I'm here now mostly for events
✮ ✮ ✮
Anza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:17 pm

Oh, thanks so much for this guide! I'm so glad I searched and found this before flipping out about my July 2012 dog being from June XD
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:54 pm

Some of the '08 July pets were available to adopt in late June. Few, but still there are some out there.

For example, I have a sunjewel who was adopted in June. As far as I know, she is actually the only June-adopted sunjewel on the site, but there are several of the more common outcomes for that litter, as well as dogs from other litters of the July month.

I also have an August balloon dog who was adopted in late July, and I'm sure that there were many other Augusts who were adopted that day, too.

Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:15 am

Kat wrote:Some of the '08 July pets were available to adopt in late June. Few, but still there are some out there.

For example, I have a sunjewel who was adopted in June. As far as I know, she is actually the only June-adopted sunjewel on the site, but there are several of the more common outcomes for that litter, as well as dogs from other litters of the July month.

I also have an August balloon dog who was adopted in late July, and I'm sure that there were many other Augusts who were adopted that day, too.

The June adopts I always chalked up to people adopting them before accounts and then having them moved onto their account after the fact.

I've got a July PPS adopted in June as well. Image
And I've seen many Galaxies and Toxics with weird adoption dates from a week or two into either of the bordering months for their exact adoption month.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:09 am

Thanks, both of you, for letting me know about that :D I've updated this post ^^

I've already put Galaxies into the post above that; I haven't seen any September galaxies, though o.O Or September toxics, for that matter.

Bumped so that people might happen across it more easily. No, I did not take a month to update xD
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miitake » Thu May 08, 2014 12:45 am

Recarding this horse litter by Malk. According to archives, it was released on February 2009. I own two horses that were adopted then, but I also have this one horse that was adopted on March 4th 2009:

Is it perhaps a recreated pet or was this litter available for a longer time? I didn't see anything mentioned about them on the front page of the thread.
ImageImageImage
miitake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu May 08, 2014 4:47 am

miitake wrote:

Recarding this horse litter by Malk. According to archives, it was released on February 2009. I own two horses that were adopted then, but I also have this one horse that was adopted on March 4th 2009:

Is it perhaps a recreated pet or was this litter available for a longer time? I didn't see anything mentioned about them on the front page of the thread.

Hm, if it was recreated, then it's adoption date would still be "normal"; it would just be its ID number (and its place in pet groups) that would be different. I guess they might have been available into March. My memory on this is fuzzy, but malk might have put up her pets 100% manually for a while.

I'm at school right now and will spend some time searching for this when I get home, but it would be great if someone could find some discussion thread or something where this is discussed since I'm prepping for an exam and shouldn't spend too much time elsewhere.

edit: Looks like Malk's pets were just taken down later than the rest of the February 2009 pets ^^ I'll be adding it shortly. Thanks for bringing it up, by the way!

edit2: Updated!
Last edited by nickjr on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Miyazaki » Mon May 12, 2014 2:46 am

I was told on the "How much is this pet worth?" thread that this pet was an extended adoption.

~ t r o u b l e ~ wrote:
Miyazaki wrote:
Broken Shadows wrote:I was thinking of putting this pet up for auction:
But I am not sure about how much it is worth.
The pet is a 2009 Rare.

3 month rule

that cat is not a three month rule.
It's worth an early 2010 rare
It had an extended adoption time and therefore worth different than the three month rule.
Miyazaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Miyazaki » Mon May 12, 2014 4:11 am

DaDwarf wrote:@Miyazaki All warrior cats from 2008/2009 c:

Ah xD. Thank you.