New Pound System?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: New Pound System?

Postby answrs » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:19 am

Personally? I absolutely detest the new system. It took nearly 2 minuites to load each page, as opposed to 30-or-so seconds on the old version, and the "show new pets" didn't work at all. It absolutely kills any chances of getting a rare, or even uncommon from it. At least you could jump to a pet's page and have a chance at it, with the new one by the time anything loads it's already been snatched up, at which point you have to wait anothe two minutes for the page to load again. Then again. And again. You get the picture. If the goal is longer opening times, just release smaller amounts of pets more frequently. At the very least, the pound wouldn't lag as horribly with all the people refreshing over and over.
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xiggie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:58 am

Guys? Girls? It's a POUND. It's not a place to farm for rares, you do understand that, don't you? At least it's a fair chance for everybody now, not only for those who stalk pound pages for the sake of profit. The whole thread made me wonder if you do realise that what you do (what you DID when you had a chance) is actually cheating. And now everybody complains that the admins turned a pound back into a pound. Awesome.
Xiggie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby answrs » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:00 am

Xiggie wrote:Guys? Girls? It's a POUND. It's not a place to farm for rares, you do understand that, don't you? At least it's a fair chance for everybody now, not only for those who stalk pound pages for the sake of profit. The whole thread made me wonder if you do realise that what you do (what you DID when you had a chance) is actually cheating. And now everybody complains that the admins turned a pound back into a pound. Awesome.

And pray tell, how is it cheating?
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xiggie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:07 am

Let's ask Nick or Tess what they think of it? Oh. What's there to ask if they've changed the system to prevent people from doing it?
Xiggie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me