New Pound System?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: New Pound System?

Postby Cruising » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:03 am

I, for one, LOVE the new system =]
the old system meant my internet connection was never fast enough to get to the back page and in this pound I've got a rare pps dice pony, a rare rat and an uncommon october PPS. so I'm a happy bunny :D
ImageImageImageImage

The Lion King wrote:
Can you feel the love tonight?
The peace the evening brings,
The world for once in perfect harmony
With all its living things . . .
Cruising

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kalashin » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:09 am

It's perfect. :) I love it.
Kalashin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pokadottie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:21 pm

Interesting thoughts, guys. And thanks for your input, Nick.
Pokadottie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:40 pm

when did it change? the last one i got was my pps okapi and i think it was sunday or saturday
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dormouse » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:43 pm

it changed on sunday I believe
Dormouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowLily » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm

I personally like it. With the old pound, it took FOREVER to even load the pages, and I have pretty decent internet connection. By the time the last page would load, it would no longer exist or there would be one pet left on it. At least this way I have a group of pets that gives me a chance to look at and choose from before choosing a new set. I actually got a pet I didn't have the last time (rainbow draft, I wasn't too worried about getting them all, but it was better than getting something I didn't have). I don't have the luck of seeing rares in the pound often, so I don't worry about that too much. XD Anyways, I do like it.

Someone earlier suggested having the pound open more often and less pets offered as a suggestion to have the pound open longer. Really makes no sense to me in the aspect of the pound being long, but you can only get one pet every 24 hours. It would so suck to have the pound opened like twice a day or something and a rare pet or a pet you really want popping up when you can't adopt. I like this way better. XD Besides, the pound wouldn't be open longer, just more often. This gives people a chance to actually get a pet 10 minutes after the pound has been opened. =D
ShadowLily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:06 pm

I really like the new Pound. ^^;
I've already gotten two Uncommon pets that I wanted! In the old Pound, my computer would crash. There were never any good pets by the time the page loaded. But with the new Pound, everyone has a fair chance. ^^;

I find it easier to refresh the page myself rather than click the buton. It seems to go faster. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I hit F5. x3

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leo9 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:08 pm

I like how its open longer, and the randomization does help people who get there late. However, it was a bit frustrating the first time it opened. I had the page numbers of a beautiful moon dog, and a white dragon... and then I found out it was randomized. XD I guess im laughing at my horrible luck. Still managed to get a rare orange stripe, though.
There is no signature here. Only a box.
Leo9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kestrana » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:20 pm

I mentioned this in an earlier thread, so I won't in too deep on detail. I'm not at all pleased with the new system. I find it to be even slower than previously and, while I've got a pet that I didn't have, after 20 refreshes, I started seeing repeats and I never saw any of the three pets I was looking for. Like others, I saw the countdown and went to see what was in the group so I could plan. From a performance standpoint, I would expect that this method is heavier on the server(s) because more people are hitting the pages for longer, which would be why it's slower than the old method.

Someone mentioned fewer pets more often in the pound. I think that's a much better idea. I'm not sure what the current rate for the pound is, but I only catch it about once every week or two (based on some other folks' comments, though, I think I must miss 90% of the times it's open because I'm either asleep or at work). To resolve the potential conflict with the only-one-pet-per-24-hours thing, the pound could open randomly once every 36 hours (so twice in three days); maybe this is how it already is, like I said, I miss most of them.
Kestrana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hirokiro » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:28 pm

I think it'll be good
Its just I got confused when i went on and clicked on a pet just before a butterfly wolf that i really want loaded. Next time I'll know how it works and not do silly things like that
Pet's name: Dimitrius
Pet's name: Patch
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Hirokiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me