The Trade Rules Review Thread (READ THE RULES)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The Trade Rules Review Thread (READ THE RULES)

Postby Jaskiest » Tue May 29, 2018 3:33 am

The contents of the rules themselves are okay, but the way you've written them can make them hard to follow.
  • Roleplay style makes rules more wordy than they need to be so people are probably going to lose interest - maybe just put pictures of Emo and Sebastian at the top, then do bullet point rules.
  • Capitalisation also makes things a little difficult to read? Try bolding important words rather than Putting Them in Capital Letters.
  • Rule 8 might be better shifted to the end, since it's not so important for people to read when trading with you.
  • I like how you've included your likes at the bottom, but being on one block of speech they aren't very noticeable or easy to read. Try spacing them out and including images of the pets you like.
Jaskiest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Thu May 31, 2018 7:50 am

@Theodosia
    You have very minimal rules, which is always a bonus. It is also pretty straight-to-the-point, another bonus. I understand your rules perfectly fine, so I guess Im going to get nit-picky.

• There is a lot of bolded words, and I'm assuming its to help the readers find it easier to understand, or allow people that "skim" the rules to still get a basic idea of your rules. This just indicates to me that the rules can be even more simplified than they are.
    • Your rules aren't really rules. They appear to me as suggestions, or guidelines for your trade partners to follow. If people often send you 'bad' trades, I would suggest rewording without the 'pleases', and again, possibly simplify your rules a bit more.
    • For formatting purposes, I would suggest numbering/bulleting your rules. I think it would really help the "flow" of reading your rules. It looks to me as if you have two rules, with specifications on the first. Formatting them like this may be helpful;

-Wishlist pets only
          -Non-wl pets can be used to balance out a trade.
          -Hoard pets on wl, feel free to offer multiples
        -Suggestions are acceptable, but no one-sided suggestions.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

May I have help with my rules? c:

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shooting Stars » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:17 am

I really like your rules, I don't believe you need to change or edit any of them. ^_^ I love the little flower dividers you have too.

I would suggest to maybe make your rules slightly larger, they're a little eye-straining to read. I also think, in my opinion at least, that your "best gifts given" links aren't necessary. They give off the vibe that you're bragging about being generous. You can always keep the links in a PM or a document if you want to save them. c:

----
May I have help with mine please? <3

♫ Currently living on the air in Cincinnati ♫

| xxx |
Featured Song: Take Five - Dave Brubeck Quartet
Shooting Stars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Denym_ » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Your rules are short and to the point, and while they clearly lay out what you don't want, it might be worth saying what you would like? wishlist yes but if you have any preferences etc. You could almost add more detail, colour or effects like underlining or italics, although thats just personal preference as I fell that would make them more visually appealing. The links to the list are nice and useful though. Yeah, I like your rules, the one main point I have is more guidance as to what you do want, instead of focusing on what you don't
Doesn’t sound so bad to me...
_Denym_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Killawolf17 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:40 am

Your rules are very short and sweet. They get to the point fast which I think is really important. I like that you have important and not-so-important things separated. It seems to be somsthing we have in common! People on CS don't seem to be a fan of reading, so it probably helps you get things heard a lot more. Good luck with your PPS pets!
Killawolf17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:09 am

@Killawolf17 - There's a lot going on in your rules. First and foremost, the blue is a bit hard to read on CSBusiness (the skin I use) so I would leave the titles in the blue but turn the actual rules back to the default color so that they are easily visible on all CS skins. I would also bold the important bits in those rules. I noticed your rule about the duplicates and I would simple suggest a trade group or set of trade groups for all of your duplicates so you can lock the rest of your groups. Another thing that I saw was you mentioned the friends only setting which means only people on your friends list can even see the group when offering. If you don't want anyone to offer, I would just suggest locking the group overall. If you have your items locked, you don't need the item rule either since nobody can offer on them. If you don't want to be offered items, I would change it to something like, "Please don't offer me items. Trades involving them stress me out." The rest of it sounds good though!

I redid my rules today. If someone could look them over, I would really appreciate it!
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swimmerpug » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:08 am

So Im not sure if im any help to you or not but in my opinion your rules where easy to understand and also forgetable since I only remember 2 rules out of five but maybe thats just me.
Swimmerpug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby baestille » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi (: I think that your trade rules look nice over all, however I would do some fixing to the rules themselves.
I do think you could add some spice to your rules by adding maybe a dream pet of yours next to them or centering the text.
As for the rules,
For the first one, I'd lock all of your NFT groups so people dont have to look through them, especially if they have wishlist pets in there it can be frustrating to know there are some groups that you cant offer on, however I also know if you have a-lot of NFT groups its hard to lock them all.
I collect pets and lock all groups after I've completed a year because I know I wont be trading them, so that way people can find pets that are for trade easier (:
I also try to put all double pets into a group for people to find easier because I know I am much more willing to trade doubles.
Id change #1 to
1. All folders that are open can be offered on, I have locked all of my NFT groups
OR
1. All folders that are open can be offered on.
OR
1. All folders that are open can be offered on, but Id prefer if you didnt offer on ones marked Not For Trade.

I hope that makes sense.

For #2, Id change it to
2. I'm looking for all wishlist pets, especially owls. I will most likely be willing to work something out if you include those in your trade.

For #3, Id lock your items if you know you're not one to trade them, like sometimes I will say something is for trade, but know I will never trade it, so I'd lock it if thats how you feel towards your items, but if you are willing to trade them I'd change 3 to

3. I do trade items, however I'd prefer if you only offered on ones I have doubles of.

Number 4 makes sense, but you could always change it to something like
4. Please know your rarities when trading me
Its short and simple and sometimes having a long message about it can scare some people off, because not everyone is 100% sure with rarities and sometimes they can be confused. You can always add a "If you have trouble with them, I'd be okay helping you if you make an effort in your trade." That way someone will try but can always know you'll help if its off (:

I like the nice thank you at the end, but the last sentence can be kind of confusing. Id change it to something like

"Thank you for reading my rules, I can be tricky with trades, so you reading them will help both of us (:"
baestille

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mood » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:29 pm

I like the interesting layout of your rules. It makes it very neat, organized, and as well as enables people to pick and choose what they want to read about first. I also like that you keep track of your collections on your rules as it lets people know you're looking for those pets. Your rules are not over-complicated, they are easy to remember, and easy to read. The only thing I would consider changing is the size of the font to something slightly bigger to make it even easier to read but it isn't too bad. Other than that, I like it!
mood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby reanne » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:41 am

your rules are quite short and simple which is nice. i love the species value chart, that's a very creative idea and it's extremely useful since not many traders include that. my only critique would be to make the text size at the "things to note" and "species value chart" parts a bit bigger, as it can be a bit harder to read especially for those who have problems with vision. it's not that hard to read but making it a little bit larger could help some people. overall, neat-looking and well-written. nice job!

reya | she/her | digital & traditional artist | novice writer

my current main interests are ace attorney, danganronpa,
homestuck, your turn to die and bandori.
I enjoy reading, committing arson in the 7/11 parking lot,
loving my gf and unironically playing minecraft.
I struggle with my mental health so please be patient with me.
[yoda voice] mmm commit a felony I must
reanne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me