The Trade Rules Review Thread (READ THE RULES)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The Trade Rules Review Thread (READ THE RULES)

Postby opalineteardrops » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:39 pm

gallifrey falls. wrote:
synthesist wrote:would love some crit on how i can make mine more understandable! i struggle with words

Your rules look good too! I like that you bolded the rules and guidelines, so people reading can see there's a difference. They're also short which is helpful when reading quickly."
    My suggestion is to reword/clarify your rules regarding suggestions. One of your rules says "trades sent as suggestions will be canceled" and the next few rules are talking about suggestions like you don't' cancel them right away. I think what you meant is that if a trade doesn't need adjusting just send it ready to accept, which makes sense, but someone reading your rules might not get that. Maybe change it to "don't send unnecessary suggestions, only ones you want adjusted/edited"
    So your rules would then read:
    - do not ask for locked pets
    - i dont accept c$ for my Very Rare pets
    - no one sided suggestions
    > don't send unnecessary suggestions, only ones you want adjusted/edited
    > when sending me a suggestion, please state exactly what you want me to do with the trade.

I hope that makes sense and was helpful! Let me know if I misinterpreted something.

-----

I recently changed my rules I'd appreciate any feedback in terms of their looks/content!

i'm hoping to ward off a very spesific type of trade, i just dont know how to word it!

they're suggestions where both sides are filled out. the trade is fair, or slight overpay on one side. the trade message is "trade?" or "would you like to trade?" or "is this ok?" but the trade is sent as a suggestion.

usually, what will then happen, is if i send the trade back, it'll look as though i was the one who sent the trade - not them - they'll post on FTT, or discord, get feedback that it was a bad trade, and cancel stating it was unfair to them. usually, it's due to slight species difference or slight demand difference or something of the sort.
i... had an instance earlier this year where someone took it a step further by making it look like i was the one who send the original trade as well, which resulted in... well, i'll let you imagine the outcome.

those are the trades i want to avoid. trades, sent as suggestions.
opalineteardrops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nari UwU » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:26 am

synthesist wrote:
gallifrey falls. wrote:
synthesist wrote:would love some crit on how i can make mine more understandable! i struggle with words

Your rules look good too! I like that you bolded the rules and guidelines, so people reading can see there's a difference. They're also short which is helpful when reading quickly."
    My suggestion is to reword/clarify your rules regarding suggestions. One of your rules says "trades sent as suggestions will be canceled" and the next few rules are talking about suggestions like you don't' cancel them right away. I think what you meant is that if a trade doesn't need adjusting just send it ready to accept, which makes sense, but someone reading your rules might not get that. Maybe change it to "don't send unnecessary suggestions, only ones you want adjusted/edited"
    So your rules would then read:
    - do not ask for locked pets
    - i dont accept c$ for my Very Rare pets
    - no one sided suggestions
    > don't send unnecessary suggestions, only ones you want adjusted/edited
    > when sending me a suggestion, please state exactly what you want me to do with the trade.

I hope that makes sense and was helpful! Let me know if I misinterpreted something.

-----

I recently changed my rules I'd appreciate any feedback in terms of their looks/content!

i'm hoping to ward off a very spesific type of trade, i just dont know how to word it!

they're suggestions where both sides are filled out. the trade is fair, or slight overpay on one side. the trade message is "trade?" or "would you like to trade?" or "is this ok?" but the trade is sent as a suggestion.

usually, what will then happen, is if i send the trade back, it'll look as though i was the one who sent the trade - not them - they'll post on FTT, or discord, get feedback that it was a bad trade, and cancel stating it was unfair to them. usually, it's due to slight species difference or slight demand difference or something of the sort.
i... had an instance earlier this year where someone took it a step further by making it look like i was the one who send the original trade as well, which resulted in... well, i'll let you imagine the outcome.

those are the trades i want to avoid. trades, sent as suggestions.

Honestly its kind of hard to avoid that completely, but I'd maybe say something like "suggestions aren't guaranteed to be answered, unless you tell me what you want me to edit please send it as a regular trade and I'll get back to you"? I don't really know how to word it either honestly but I get what you're going for

I've slightly edited mine but they're at least 3 years old (just started up again yesterday yaay). I need to edit the FR link because I don't have access to that account, may remove it altogether, not sure yet, but other than that
Hug your pets. They're gone before you know it.
Nari UwU

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boneabii » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:58 am

the exclamation points on the rules can seem a little bit hostile, and you can probably combine the list for list rule with the note for no C$, off list, or items.

how are mine?
Boneabii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby In The Darke » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:11 pm

@ Boneabii

Your rules are clear, simple and well structured, i wouldnt really change anything about them 😊 as for looks i personally always like centered text with a little colour but thats literally just my preference 😊 i really like the dress up at the top as well

I recently tried to shorten mine but im not sure if ive made the font too small or if it looks nice on mobile and desktop, i also added an art piece at the bottom and have no idea if it sits right but any help is appreciated πŸ˜‚ especially if theres a typo or anything πŸ˜…
Ξ±ΞΉΠΈ'Ρ‚ ΠΈΟƒ Π²β„“Ξ±βˆ‚Ρ” Β’Ξ±ΠΈ ρяσтє’т уσυ fяσм Ρ‚Π½Ρ” тяυє тяυє

Lornsome night,
babbits bawlin',
wind bitin' the bone.
Wind like this,
full of voices.
Ancestry howlin' at you;
Now, find you devil,
Old Georgie himself.
Now you hear up close
and I'll yarn you about
the first time we met
eye to eye.
'you bring the stories'.
All their voices
tied up into one.
One voice different,
one voice whispering
out there,
spying from the dark.

In The Darke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iua » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:37 am

edited so it no longers takes up half the page :')
Last edited by iua on Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
β•’ ════ β••
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”˜
✯
δΎ˜ε―‚
δΈ€δΈ€δΈ€
trade?

δΈ€δΈ€δΈ€
δΎ˜ε―‚
✯
────
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β””

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
iua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sumashira » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:32 pm

Unfortunately I can't really review much from yours - the images are broken. ^^' You may need a different image hosting site, or to fix the urls, or something!

What's already there seems reasonable! I would clarify that "species matters" means not a dog for a rat; the way it's currently written, some people might think you think they're equal. I might write "Species matters (rat for rat, dog for dog)" or something like that. :)

- β€’ β™₯ β€’ -
Hi there! You can call me suma!
- β€’ β™₯ β€’ -
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
- β€’ β™₯ β€’ -
If you missed an outcome or you
want to paperclip, send me a trade!
- β€’ β™₯ β€’ -
ImageImage
- β€’ β™₯ β€’ -
frog art made for me by PumpkinCatCarnival (TH)
sumashira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neoncherry64 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:53 am

Oh I really REALLY like your trade rules!!! The quote boxes make your rules easy to read, and the links to the fair trade threads are great too. The only thing I could say might improve it is... I dunno, maybe a small cute picture? Idk!
Neoncherry64

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fika. » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:20 pm

oh!! i haven't seen this thread in a long while.

your trade rules are okay! you get straight to the point and it's very helpful that you have rules / important notes in bold if people are feeling somewhat lazy. i do understand why you have the images to show your dreamies and hoardies, but i feel like it might seem 'overwhelming' for the trade rules ? especially the ur squid lol, but it's a cute image. overall it's good and easily read :) i think maybe having a flashier title and just organised it in different ways (instead of all from top to bottom, a left right center approach might be nice). i am more than willing to try and help or my friend has a free coding shop for trade centres i can link you to! <3
fika.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iua » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:53 pm

i absolutely love your rules! they're extremely simple and don't take up an entire page. was extremely overwhelmed by the links under the (bootiful) frog art, they're for a good cause but i'm not quite sure if they fit in trading rules.
β•’ ════ β••
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”˜
✯
δΎ˜ε―‚
δΈ€δΈ€δΈ€
trade?

δΈ€δΈ€δΈ€
δΎ˜ε―‚
✯
────
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β””

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
iua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iua » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:55 pm

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
β”‚RULES:
β”‚i don't trade down rares for uncommon and under
β”‚i don't trade down my pets for items
β”‚wishlist is outdated, just be fair!
β”‚no one-sided suggestions!

✯
β”‚ULTIMATE DREAMIES!:
β”‚Black-eyed Galaxy
β”‚Blue Toxic
β”‚Sorbets!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

I never let trades rot! If I don't respond in a few hours then I am asking either busy or asking the FTT.
(it looked much better in my trading center ^^")
β•’ ════ β••
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”˜
✯
δΎ˜ε―‚
δΈ€δΈ€δΈ€
trade?

δΈ€δΈ€δΈ€