"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:54 pm

@Wassap I think you might be confused. Or maybe I am haha. A rarity only list is way more reliable than one featuring other aspects, and it's not impossible. People have been keeping track and archives for years about rarity changes. In fact, it's been said it would be the easiest route and not need as much upkeep, and that's part of the reason it was (I thought) decided on. Less guess work and more facts. Also easier to update= updated more often.

@musicgurl We weren't wanting to ban demand answers entirely from the thread. Just questions of "I know this is horribly unfair but can demand somehow make this suddenly fair?" Which is usually what most people are asking when asking "Is this fair demand wise." Not all, yes, but most of who I deal with are.

@Solloby A few pages ago we were talking about making the rarity list as a final decision and were just discussing if we should keep both lists up for a short period (to which I argue strongly no still) and so I'm just lost how suddenly we backpedaled, as you said.

I thought it was the general consensus about the rarity list being the only viable option and we were just trying to get it going. Another poll will just take up more time to come to the decision we already had with the demand being too high...? I mean we can't keep waiting forever until everyone agrees on one thing. Like DD said it's been what, 3 months already? Though I thought mostly everyone had agreed on the rarity list.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:06 pm

Going to skip the backpeddling stuff since I think I was the one to start this up again... maybe? IDK I am blaming myself regardless.

Nothing has been confirmed or anything, it has been discussed though it should always be brought up with the community through polls before confirmation because then the discussion group aren't doing much better and it's the same people orchestrating the list over and over again. That includes me since I've been here quite a bit yacking like an old man about the good old days.

So the rarity list idea was basically to focus more on rarity and less on demand. Like it is possible to cut out demand but the end result should be up to the CS Community. Most users don't understand the demand factor so chances are cutting it out would be favourable.

But yeah, all we have confirmed thus far from what I have documented on hyperlinked stuff on another thread is this:
- Results of the first poll.
- We need polls. Second poll should be up soon to follow up on the first poll.
- Discussions are cool and get stuff done. Somewhat.
- Focus on fixing the list first then everything else around it.

WASSAP wrote:It may not be entirely possible to eliminate demand. But it can be factored in less. The goal should be to ease trading strictness while still curbing demands influence. I can see some things happening that can help.

-Certain pets dropping in placement that were there before due to "high demand".

-Certain pets raising in placement to counteract the "bad demand" stigma.

-A notice at the top of each page that states pets weighed on demand only are unfair trades waiting to happen.

-FTT barring "is this fair demand wise" requests. These are generally super unfair trades in progress. Its a "FAIR TRADE" thread. Not a "whats the most I can get" thread.

-The Rares List having more vagueness from regrouping. Hype can still happen from jumps in groups. But less often.

-Gaps list being more general and non specific. If it gets more exact, it makes trading harder.

Stuff like this can do it. And regularly posted threads that ask trades on problem pets that can aid in demand control. Nothing quells hype like a dose of reality!

Pretty much most of this is a good idea and should be included or discussed if they haven't been already. Since DD currently has the front page of the FTT, there is pretty much no reason why any FTT related things can not happen if discussed. With that said:

- Certain pets dropping in placement include the Black Advent and several other noticeable ones. In this case, the Joker should also at least go on a tier somewhere. Or a group if the grouping idea is seen as appropriate. Whichever is discussed into a poll and whichever way the votes go.

- Certain pets rising a little to their true spot to replace the ones going down because of their over demand is probably going to happen regardless. Though how much should they go up and is it justified in the movement?

- Notices galore are needed. Also a full indepth explanation on demand and all factors of it will help drastically.

- Gaps list needs to be less specific. Grouping ideas come here, but also the idea of removing the gaps list all together and stick with a list which is just grouped instead was a idea discussed.

Edit: Spelling, coding and removing signature.
Last edited by Goostarion on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:10 pm

@Zet and Wassap
I believe why those aren't being discussed currently, talking about the pets moving up and down tiers or anything, is because it wouldn't make sense to do any of that discussion until we've finalized what we're doing with the rares list. Unless I'm confused by what you're meaning. ^^"
Also haven't we already brought up with the community with the last poll? Got their opinion that demand was the biggest issue?
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:15 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:
@Zet and Wassap
I believe why those aren't being discussed currently, talking about the pets moving up and down tiers or anything, is because it wouldn't make sense to do any of that discussion until we've finalized what we're doing with the rares list. Unless I'm confused by what you're meaning. ^^"
Also haven't we already brought up with the community with the last poll? Got their opinion that demand was the biggest issue?

Yeah demand was the biggest issue though there are so many ways on dealing with it. Purely from what I have read through this thread, we can:
- Create educational information in regards to what demand is
- Damage control Demand throughout CS not just the list
- Damage control Demand through the list
- Strip demand from the list entirely
- Strip a little bit of demand from the list since it is a factor of a pet's worth in the trading economy
- Several other idea's I have seen but am not entirely sure what they mean but will add another few points here too.
- Push up demand more for less demand pets (I think this was an idea?)

From the general observation, people seemed more confused on what demand is and how people can justify asking for more because of a "fake tax" called demand. Especially newer players and younger players. And these ideas are all idea's which can counteract the one problem. Thing is, what one(s) do we go with? That should be where the poll comes in, see Community consensus and go from there... Right? I have no idea to be honest. ^^;

I quoted Wassup's just so I can add it to a secondary update to all posts I did here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3285510&p=104958724&hilit=mom#p104958724

With that said, I am aware pet's aren't moving now. ^^

Edit: Spelling, coding and removing signature
Last edited by Goostarion on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:17 pm

Out of curiosity...has anyone really looked at the rarity changes thread? I was going through some of the old posts there, and there are several list pets that were only rare while some of the pets not currently on the list were already VR. I like the idea of a rarity only list, and I think it's really going to help with out of whack demand, but I honestly don't think that we can accurately create this without changing the list up a lot. I don't think it would be right to create a "rarity only" list and intentionally leave off some of the most rare pets just because they aren't currently on the list.
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:31 pm

Musicgurl - the list would include those pets, as a pet's inclusion would be based on its rarity.

Zet - i thought those points had been discussed already and the rarity list considered the most feasible option. I try to dig up the discussions when i get home, or try to summarise from what i remember, though that wont be for at least 6 hours. I think it was about 20 pages back people were talking about them? Unsure, its hard to backread on my phone sorry
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blueberry » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Theoretically speaking lets say we make a rarity based list. I'm gonna assume a lot of pets will either be dropped or lowered. Lets say I wanna get a pink cookie now that it's been lowered, but everyone is still latched onto demand. How are we gonna make it so people understand that demand doesn't play a huge part anymore?

Sorry, I did a terrible job of wording that :/
Blueberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm

Soup: wrote:
Theoretically speaking lets say we make a rarity based list. I'm gonna assume a lot of pets will either be dropped or lowered. Lets say I wanna get a pink cookie now that it's been lowered, but everyone is still latched onto demand. How are we gonna make it so people understand that demand doesn't play a huge part anymore?

Sorry, I did a terrible job of wording that :/

It made sense to me. ^^ It would take time for people to adjust to the new list. However the thing is with the rarity list, people would decide on their own demand. So people can trade more to how they feel the demand is if that makes sense? However, it would just take time for people to adjust. ^^
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:47 pm

Solloby wrote:Musicgurl - the list would include those pets, as a pet's inclusion would be based on its rarity.

Ah, okay. That's good to know. I thought I had seen people saying that no new pets were going to be added to the new list until further down the road. Thanks for clearing that up! :)
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:48 pm

musicgurl333 wrote:
Solloby wrote:Musicgurl - the list would include those pets, as a pet's inclusion would be based on its rarity.

Ah, okay. That's good to know. I thought I had seen people saying that no new pets were going to be added to the new list until further down the road. Thanks for clearing that up! :)

New pets will be evaluated to possibly go onto the list, but all of the lists currently on the list will be dealt with first. c:

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery