Hoard Discussion Thread v.6 new poll!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you actively trade for hoards or just let trades come to you?

I trade super active and complete within a short time frame
12%
I trade semi active and complete after a while
39%
I let trades flow in and add hoard pets as fillers
45%
Other (comment? :) )
4%

Total votes : 1071

Re: Hoard Discussion Thread v.6 new poll!

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:43 pm

Got some updates on a few of my hoards!
Got all 20 I needed of this little dude for my duckling hoard, now I can focus on getting more of the other two outcomes. c:
Started a hoard of these smoothies, which I named Pink Drink. The reason I've got the goal set to 18 is because of how the pets orient themselves. I thought it'd look weird having an extra two hanging off at the end, so two rows of 9 is good for me. c:
I decided to hoard this entire litter, and I named it Holo Taco (if you get the reference you're awesome lol).
Annnd last but not least...
My mini-hoard of these robo-dogs is complete! Full hoard here. I grew up with a toy called a Poo-Chi that looked almost identical to this pet, so I obviously just had to make a hoard of them. ;u;

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:32 pm

Creativity wrote:
How do you guys deal with overlap between hoards? One thing I've been struggling with is my big EPPS Cat hoard vs my smaller litter hoards.

For example, this is my EPPS cat hoard, but there is also an EPPS cat in the litter for this hoard. Every time I get one of those rose EPPS kittens, I have a hard time determining which group to sort it into.

I never struggle, because I simply don't have infinite hoards, but maybe it works for those as well... pick which hoard is more important for the EPPS cat. Decide on a max amount for the other hoard. Only have this amount in the 'not so important' hoard and put all future cats in the other one.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:43 pm

Exceeded my goal for the Pink Smoothie pet for the event, and dressed one up to celebrate.

My goal was 100, and I'm resting at 232. Turned it into an indefinite hoard, though I don't intend on exceeding 300 if that ever happens.
Good luck to the other hoarders of this smoothie! Definitely one of my favorites.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frostseraph » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:08 am

I am absolutely ok with hoarding, but I would very much appreciate people with hoard pets wishlisted please put in their trade rules what pets they hoard so I don't unknowingly offer just hoard pets on something I'd gladly offer more on if I knew. This just happened and I feel bad so yeah.
Frostseraph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:46 am

Frostseraph wrote:I am absolutely ok with hoarding, but I would very much appreciate people with hoard pets wishlisted please put in their trade rules what pets they hoard so I don't unknowingly offer just hoard pets on something I'd gladly offer more on if I knew. This just happened and I feel bad so yeah.

A lot of users hoard so many different pets and have big wishlists as well, the trade rules would be so long... I keep mine short for a reason, most people don't read them anyway, so this isn't something I would personally add. ^^;
Don't feel bad about something you simply couldn't have known! =)
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CalicoWolf » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:06 am

Frostseraph wrote:I am absolutely ok with hoarding, but I would very much appreciate people with hoard pets wishlisted please put in their trade rules what pets they hoard so I don't unknowingly offer just hoard pets on something I'd gladly offer more on if I knew. This just happened and I feel bad so yeah.

I understand this. I put a couple rules about my hoards, but I also put my Hoard Handbook Page link. I find that helps a lot!
May Odin give you knowledge on your path,
May Thor grant you strength and courage on your way,
and may Loki give you laughter as you go.
Discord name: RainbowWolf#4227
Three things cannot be long hidden:
the sun, the moon, and the truth Gautama Buddha.

Annual LOLO Player - Everyone Gets Something.

Treats - Wishlist and Tricks - Non-wishlist
Avi was made by Compumon.
ImageImage
CalicoWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starry Night » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:09 am

Raire wrote:
Frostseraph wrote:snip.

A lot of users hoard so many different pets and have big wishlists as well, the trade rules would be so long... I keep mine short for a reason, most people don't read them anyway, so this isn't something I would personally add. ^^;
Don't feel bad about something you simply couldn't have known! =)

Unless the person was mean about it. Because you can't have it both ways. Not have any indication and get upset about someone only offering them. Which I think is a good psa. Since I e had users get upset.

I don't mind at all I think hoard pets are just as valuable if not more to me. But don't feel bad, it's ok : ) and if the user was nice you could always resend a trade to negotiate!
Starry Night

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salika » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:37 am

On a similair note, did anyone else encounter people who are very "anti hoarders" or even outright rude to you? I never had anyone be rude directly but I did stumble over a few people with something along the lines of "if you hoard I don't want to trade with you" in their rules and I always found that a bit.. uhh... radical.
I can understand when people don't particularily like hoards or want to support it by trading me hoard pets, but not trading with me at all just because I have hoards seems a bit much.

by LeFreaks||Avatar by Remulle
╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
𝒩𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝓃𝑒... 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Art Thread||Art Shop
Salika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:43 am

I have *70* different hoards at this point. So I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work for me 😅 all of my hoards are marked as such in my groups though, so if people wanted to they could scroll through them and see what I hoard.
I don't value my hoard pets any less or more than other pets I'm missing though, and on the reverse side it can be annoying when people try to offer hoard pets for event pets after I've said I'm only looking to swap event pets. So it can go both ways.
Chloe born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
Beckett due November 30th 2024!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby holodog » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:57 am

Salika wrote:
On a similair note, did anyone else encounter people who are very "anti hoarders" or even outright rude to you?

I think it's perfectly fine if people don't wanna trade w hoarders if they don't want their pets to go towards hoards, but yeah some users are so rude about it geez! A simple "please don't trade with me if you hoard!" is fine 😅

In other news I did my first dressup for my lovely hoard Spitfire:
Had to dress up my very own store bought outcome first of course! This is the one of two hoards where I wanna give every pet a unique dressup, just gotta think of ideas...

In terms of names... yup this is definitely my best-named hoard. accounts/viewgroup.php?groupid=7639109&userid=491424
holodog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me