Pound lag getting worse?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

How bad is your pound lag?

0 it never lags
5%
1-3 seconds could be worse
22%
3-10 seconds I just take the free common
52%
Your guys pound actually loads?
21%

Total votes : 573

Re: Pound lag getting worse?

Postby Leanonom » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:06 pm

Harley_Quinn21 wrote:
FauxFeather wrote:Yeah I saw a screen recording of someone lagging so bad that they couldn't get a 2009 Malk even though they were definitely on time.

I haven't managed to catch the Pound on time at all since the update, but this and people's complaints is kinda disheartening

Harley_Quinn21 wrote:Yall how do we tell how many people are online… tryna see if it’s even worth it to try the pound this time or if im just gonna throw my phone at the wall…

Wouldn't help because people tend to mass log in like 1-2 minutes before the pound opens.

Craaaaazy…… do yall get notifications or something that the pound opens? I just look every once in a while and hope I’m online when it opens lol

Some people are in the discord and the discord will send you reminders. I personally set an alarm or timer. It’s really however someone remembers it.
~Pet Collection Project~
I'm currently collecting all 2015 pets in memory of a loved one that I lost on 2/21/15. Thank you.

dreamies;
UR Peach Image

Check out my Adoption Center!
Leanonom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LA's DarkFireWolf » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:07 pm

Personally I just check the pound page a few times a day to see when it might open.

However I agree the lag is worse. Keep in mind though with the event running more players are active now than when it's a month and no events.
LA's DarkFireWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FauxFeather » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:08 pm

Harley_Quinn21 wrote:Craaaaazy…… do yall get notifications or something that the pound opens? I just look every once in a while and hope I’m online when it opens lol

On Chickensmoothie (player-run) discord servers there's the Quinn bot which people use to ping them for reminders and see which rares are in the Pound.
…ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ.. Image Image #LOVEBERKSHIRE (collecting ≠ hoarding)

I wanna collect all pets from 2014 onwards, and all rats from every year.
Give me advice/feedback/criticism on my art!!
Fun fact (I'm freaking hilarious)
also click these stamps for a stamp guide.
ImageImageImageImage

FF's Char Storage

Do NOT trade me. I am on a CS break for the foreseeable future. I shall only log on for finishing my current pending commissions on Oekaki, do NOT send me trades.
Update: I won't be on for longer than I thought.
FauxFeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clayflower. » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:15 pm

nowh wrote:
☆Wystana☆ wrote:i was just thinking the lag seemed worse now than it did before, the update they did seems nice but it defintely didnt address the lag... refreshing is pointless when it takes ~20 seconds to load the new batch of pets and everything is already taken by then

I think instead of addressing lag, this update was to help accommodate it. So even if you get in 10-20 seconds late you still have a chance for a rare. Now, in case of the timing with pound being around roll over with an ongoing event, it's not much help and the lag hasn't been addressed which shows.

Edit: I think we all need to keep in mind that there's only one coder for the entire site, so while yes, it's frustrating having to wait - there's not much that we can do in that sense.

while yes there is one coder - this is where i wish more c$ sales transparency would come into play. surely they would be able to contract someone for outside help, maybe update the cs website host, etc.

i feel like cs needs so many updates and tweaks to just general qol to not just the pound lag, but to a lot of site aspects.

trade center
♡ says "dude" too much
♡ DC - Clayflower
♡ M • 2/13/2022

Clayflower.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby smogbody » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:01 pm

oh my goodness it was so bad this time round (i got there a minute late?) that i refreshed bc it kept saying pets were taken and i just watched the number go down to 1 then it was closed :shock: i do usually get a pet tho bc i set an alarm loll , but it was noticeably worse this last time
howdy!!! I love to trade! check out my profile!! :]

they/them, adult, sys

smogbody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:41 pm

I don't think I've been able to get to the pound when it is open since the update. It's not because of lag, it's just that I forget, but checking it an hour after usually still has pets. I guess it doesn't anymore? I only pick up cats and most of them end up common. I have a hoard with only pound cats, and I'd like it to get to 1,000. If pets are clearing out in 50 seconds as people are saying, then I don't think that's going to happen.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PheonixThunderslayer » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:42 pm

for me the images of the pets dont load, and yeah i agree with yall its clearing out in a matter of 2-3 minutes??
ImageImageImage
im pheonix (she/her) and im back to the old sig11!!1!!! woohoo!
PheonixThunderslayer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloverstream » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:13 am

The lag is crazy. Now with this update I have rares that are already taken before my page even loads dangled in front of my face three refreshes in a row. Not happy with this at all.
Cloverstream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ACat » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:29 am

Clayflower. wrote:
nowh wrote:
☆Wystana☆ wrote:i was just thinking the lag seemed worse now than it did before, the update they did seems nice but it defintely didnt address the lag... refreshing is pointless when it takes ~20 seconds to load the new batch of pets and everything is already taken by then

I think instead of addressing lag, this update was to help accommodate it. So even if you get in 10-20 seconds late you still have a chance for a rare. Now, in case of the timing with pound being around roll over with an ongoing event, it's not much help and the lag hasn't been addressed which shows.

Edit: I think we all need to keep in mind that there's only one coder for the entire site, so while yes, it's frustrating having to wait - there's not much that we can do in that sense.

while yes there is one coder - this is where i wish more c$ sales transparency would come into play. surely they would be able to contract someone for outside help, maybe update the cs website host, etc.

i feel like cs needs so many updates and tweaks to just general qol to not just the pound lag, but to a lot of site aspects.

It really does make you wonder where the money from C$ goes...because the website has remained pretty much the same for years (I remember using it as a kid and it looked pretty similar to how it does now and that was over 10 years ago!)
ACat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echo Revna » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:56 am

- I should know better than to comment on this stuff
Last edited by Echo Revna on Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Echo Revna