*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - UR peach Poll! vote!

Postby Zacharie » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:20 am

While I do believe the peach should be placed at UR lion tier like many others do, I also strongly disagree with totally ignoring the poll results. People are not uneducated. People are scared to post here, and honestly I'm terrified while writing this lol, but apparently I am uneducated and brushed aside if I do not so I don't have much of a choice. I've even seen people who do post here be brushed aside for not knowing enough, so idk anymore really

This place just feels really toxic to some of us, especially newer users. I personally learned what I know about the list on my own and avoided this thread like the plague when I had the option to because I constantly felt as if I was being talked down to and belittled for not knowing. I imagine that is how many other users feel, and so for them having a poll to voice their opinion must be a godsend. It's not right to give that to them and take it away right after, that's just telling them once again that if they're too anxious or scared to post, they don't get to have an opinion, only the "elites" do.

..P U R I F I C A T I O N

╔══════════════════╗
trade thread
rares list
OFF fanclub
---
was the batter.

xxxFRxxx©xxx
╚══════════════════╝
Zacharie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:29 am

I'm all for Nick Jr's idea. Another poll, with some obvious ridiculous choices. Not everyone is going to comb through the thread to see the conversation on the "trap" options but at least, this way we can find out if a poll is truly flawed, AND give the community a chance at making themselves heard.

Yes, people ARE scared to post on this thread. Do you not remember when the Rarity list was being first discussed? There was so many people getting blasted for "not knowing the right answers". The way it is, if you don't agree with X you don't know any better. Or at least, that's what it looks like/ And ignoring the poll only amplifies that.

Yes, I get my disagreement has brought up a lot of frustration because it's stalled the peach's placement, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make if it means that something about the current situation of placing pets, the rare's list as a whole, is payed attention too. People are frustrated that they're being pushed aside.

The Guide is for the community, then the community should make it together. So again, I think to run the poll again, with more options to see if the results are duplicated or not is the best form of action. You get people's opinions, from those who are scared to speak up and those who aren't.

And then, at least you get a larger input. 900+ people voting is more accurate then less than 100 people voting via posting on the thread.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kököchin » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:32 am

the batter. wrote:While I do believe the peach should be placed at UR lion tier like many others do, I also strongly disagree with totally ignoring the poll results. People are not uneducated. People are scared to post here, and honestly I'm terrified while writing this lol, but apparently I am uneducated and brushed aside if I do not so I don't have much of a choice. I've even seen people who do post here be brushed aside for not knowing enough, so idk anymore really

This place just feels really toxic to some of us, especially newer users. I personally learned what I know about the list on my own and avoided this thread like the plague when I had the option to because I constantly felt as if I was being talked down to and belittled for not knowing. I imagine that is how many other users feel, and so for them having a poll to voice their opinion must be a godsend. It's not right to give that to them and take it away right after, that's just telling them once again that if they're too anxious or scared to post, they don't get to have an opinion, only the "elites" do.

definitely agreed -- i, as a relatively newer user who's been on for a little less than 2 years, does not know quite a lot about lists, but at the same time i am aware of demand and rarity trades for most pets on the list.
    i also believe that the peach should be placed on the ur lion tier based off offers i have received while my peach being unlocked, and offers i have seen. though it seems to be a smart idea to place it under the non, many users who come here newly will believe that's what its going for demand wise too. i believe we should factor in demand and carefully choose the spot for the peach, as having that factored into the list would make trading a whole lot easier and a lot less confusing for those who are relatively new and have just left from hiatus.
    i remember when i left for hiatus for a month, demand of the zonkey peaked, this is the same for many other users.

though many may disagree with my reasoning, i just wanted to get my voice out there as its not often noticed ~ i think we should keep the polls, as they allow us to voice all of our opinions and give a broader view on placements, without getting blasted at and shoved down just because we wanted to voice our opinions.
kököchin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:44 am

We've already talked about running a test poll, we've talked about adding more options already... Though I think you're all being a little dramatic, no matter what choice is made SOMEONE is going to be ignored, whether it's 500 people or 300, somebody is getting ignored so why is it such a big deal? Logically, 'ignoring the community' is a load of bull, no matter what we pick we're pushing other voices aside and we all know why like Sol said

Rarity wise, it traded for more than non level and should be placed higher based on these constant, high valued trades
Demand wise, it's suffered the bad rumor and people want it lower for that reason
Supply, I see at least one auction at any given time advertising the peach for auction and once in a while see it on the swap thread. It's not super difficult to find

Community vote hasn't been used to place list pets before, it's always been between the eight to ten people who post their two cents on this thread with a REASON why, not just blind votes that we can't know why they picked that reason. A poll won't solve the problem, a new poll won't bring in better answers, we're just going down a rabbit hole I feel...

If we can't come to a solid conclusion, then it either needs to be shelved or placed at the non tier. UR Lion people aren't happy with, UR Holly people aren't happy with so why not add it with the nons and meet people in the middle? I don't see it swapping with the Lion or UR Holly, but idk... I just feel like this whole poll thing needs to be moved past, it didn't work and that's fine
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:49 am

SabrinaB wrote:I am not sure how serious we should look at the poll.
Sure, it gives people a chance to vote.
But not everyone knows the list. Some may have no idea what a sorbet, ur holly or non is worth.
Dont get me wrong, everyone should have a chance to vote.
But how many pets were placed based on a poll and how many were placed based on trades?
I think it's going for more than what its worth because we are feeding the demand with this discussion. People hear us about some tiers and assume its going to be placed there, while it might be possible to be even lower.

Look at the skelebun, since its rarity went up it is going for huge overpay. We dont look at recent trades for that too serious.
We need to find the middle.
(Just example, subject is the peach)

I agree with everything said here.
We’ve never placed a pet before using a poll, honestly I feel for good reason. The community needs to have a voice, but I don’t feel the poll was the best way about that especially when we have never used it before for a pets placement.
Discovering the poll may not have worked is ok. We’ve never done one before, everything has a learning curve. We just need to figure out a way to move forward and place the peach wherever that may be.

And actually there are people uneducated who can/did vote, and there’s educated people who voted, there’s people who voted lower just because they’ve been told that or misunderstood, there’s people who voted for sheep mentality, and there’s people who voted because they truly believe in that certain placement.

I also agree with what solloby said, would quote but I’m on mobile.
I think instead of bickering back and forth, yet again, we need to find and agree on a way forward and quickly.

For perspective, this discussion of placing started back on Dec 21. That’s too long I believe given consideration of how many pets we need to place.

Edit: just read Takk’s post and also agree with all they’ve said.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ratonhnhaké:ton » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:55 am

Takk wrote:We've already talked about running a test poll, we've talked about adding more options already... Though I think you're all being a little dramatic, no matter what choice is made SOMEONE is going to be ignored, whether it's 500 people or 300, somebody is getting ignored so why is it such a big deal? Logically, 'ignoring the community' is a load of bull, no matter what we pick we're pushing other voices aside and we all know why like Sol said

Rarity wise, it traded for more than non level and should be placed higher based on these constant, high valued trades
Demand wise, it's suffered the bad rumor and people want it lower for that reason
Supply, I see at least one auction at any given time advertising the peach for auction and once in a while see it on the swap thread. It's not super difficult to find

Community vote hasn't been used to place list pets before, it's always been between the eight to ten people who post their two cents on this thread with a REASON why, not just blind votes that we can't know why they picked that reason. A poll won't solve the problem, a new poll won't bring in better answers, we're just going down a rabbit hole I feel...

If we can't come to a solid conclusion, then it either needs to be shelved or placed at the non tier. UR Lion people aren't happy with, UR Holly people aren't happy with so why not add it with the nons and meet people in the middle? I don't see it swapping with the Lion or UR Holly, but idk... I just feel like this whole poll thing needs to be moved past, it didn't work and that's fine

i think this says it best, honestly. the poll was an experiment that doesn't appear to work, because trade evidence shows the worth is not at ur holly tier. i also think the argument that the list needs to involve the community is a bit of a moot point because it already DOES... every placement has been based off the opinions and decisions of players using trade evidence, any person on this site can have their input, this is a public thread and it welcomes different opinions and reasoning.
ratonhnhaké:ton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:55 am

"Community vote hasn't been used to place list pets before, it's always been between the eight to ten people who post their two cents on this thread with a REASON why, not just blind votes that we can't know why they picked that reason. A poll won't solve the problem, a new poll won't bring in better answers, we're just going down a rabbit hole I feel..."

Thats the problem though. Thats what people are angry about. 8-10 people decide the rarity/trade system.Thats 8-10 people deciding ripples of trading effect for years to come, And thats not fair to the community
A poll gives an opinion of a larger group of people having a voice to decide how the guide, which is no longer just a guide.

I'll settle for a middle ground at the Non level, because at least thats a middle ground. But I am not for counting all the UR holly votes as uneducated. I will sit here and defend the 62% -82% who are being ignored because the voted in a poll instead of posting in a thread.
Last edited by Sinbreaker on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tawnycatz » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:55 am

Can I quickly pop in and say something? I'm not going to touch in on this discussion too much, but I still want to say something. Not trying to start an argument here. Sorry if it seems that way.

I'm scared to post in this thread. I'm scared to get help to learn the list, to trade for pets on it. Mainly because of these conversations. To me, as someone who never really goes to this thread- it gives off a bad vibe. I'm not trying to pick a side, but no matter what, it feels threatening. I don't have the courage to post here because this entire thread feels hostile. I'm sure that's not the intent with any of these posts; but that is what it feels like, at least to someone like me. Even now, posting this, I feel uncomfortable; like I'm going to be attacked for saying this.

Hopefully that made sense.
I read all comments, even if I don't respond!
Sorting my groups. Or trying to. Send help
tawnycatz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:04 am

tawnycatz wrote:Can I quickly pop in and say something? I'm not going to touch in on this discussion too much, but I still want to say something. Not trying to start an argument here. Sorry if it seems that way.

I'm scared to post in this thread. I'm scared to get help to learn the list, to trade for pets on it. Mainly because of these conversations. To me, as someone who never really goes to this thread- it gives off a bad vibe. I'm not trying to pick a side, but no matter what, it feels threatening. I don't have the courage to post here because this entire thread feels hostile. I'm sure that's not the intent with any of these posts; but that is what it feels like, at least to someone like me. Even now, posting this, I feel uncomfortable; like I'm going to be attacked for saying this.

Hopefully that made sense.

I definitely appreciate you posting here. This thread has gotten a hostile vibe, and I would agree with that.
I feel more so right now just because we’re all very fed up with how CS trading is and the lack of placement of the peach tbh, because all these users are lovely people.

A couple years ago before I started posting I was afraid to say the wrong thing, especially since I didn’t have any understanding of the rares list. I was terrified to post, but I did. Then I continued, and just would throw my opinion out. That’s the important thing is to stick with it and stick with these discussions.

Thank you for posting. And please, please continue. Ask questions about the rares list, add your opinions in on discussions if you want to. Or even just quoting another person you agree with and say ‘agree with this’.
And this goes to anyone stalking the thread and feeling scared to post. I have been there, and it was thanks to another user saying things like this that I finally did.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:07 am

Sinbreaker wrote:"Community vote hasn't been used to place list pets before, it's always been between the eight to ten people who post their two cents on this thread with a REASON why, not just blind votes that we can't know why they picked that reason. A poll won't solve the problem, a new poll won't bring in better answers, we're just going down a rabbit hole I feel..."

Thats the problem though. Thats what people are angry about. 8-10 people decide the rarity/trade system.Thats 8-10 people deciding ripples of trading effect for years to come, And thats not fair to the community
A poll gives an opinion of a larger group of people having a voice to decide how the guide, which is no longer just a guide.

I'll settle for a middle ground at the Non level, because at least thats a middle ground. But I am not for counting all the UR holly votes as uneducated. I will sit here and defend the 62% -82% who are being ignored because the voted in a poll instead of posting in a thread.

I completely agree with Sin here. Only allowing a select few to make decisions for an entire community is exactly what is causing the issues. That is creating the elites and is telling everyone else they are nothing. That is basically a dictatorship. 8-10 people out of THOUSANDS in a community is not fair. Everyone here trades. A handful should not make decisions for us.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──