How Do You Organize Your Pets?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: How Do You Organize Your Pets?

Postby 923 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:58 am

I just finished getting my pets organised (easy, 'cause I don't have too many yet), and the system I settled on was 1 group for each kind of pet, with only 1 of each outcome in it, a separate group for growing pets, a group for PPS, individual groups for different events (labeled by the event and year), and then various Trade groups labeled by year and/or event, so I have a place to put extras and pets I don't want. And of course, the very first group is my Favorites group!
Pet's name: King Fudge Sundae // Visit my Trade Thread!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragon Nap » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:59 am

@923
I love the way you organize your pets, i really want to do something similar with my groups. For a long time i was opposed to the idea of sorting by species but i think it could actually work really well for my favorites groups.

Right now i just lump all my trade groups into rarities and growing or unknown rarity pets which is fine with me, but i would love to organize my favorites groups by species lineart. I know it might be a lot of groups but i love looking at pets one lineart at a time, it gives a nice sense of unity. I also just have a couple groups for my Staff litter and GH litter collections which I'm pretty happy with but my biggest issue rn is how i should organize my artist collections.

I'm currently trying to collect every pet made by the artist Lilian Nightshade and want to organize them by lineart, but she has a very small number of pets from a couple linearts that im not sure if its worth it to make groups for each of them, right now i have a horse lineart group and a pony lineart group but the rest are lumped into an unsorted group. Any suggestions would be great if you organize similarly with hoards or collections.
Some of my favorite Dragon Cave dragons:
ImageImageImageImage
Thanks for clicking!
Dragon Nap

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Barb_ » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:06 am

Monthly adopts and event pets go into groups that are are by species/Line art
    Then I have a trade group for all my doubles.
    I have a group for Store Pet Sets.
    I make a special group during events to put all event outcomes in, until the event is over. I keep it locked so I don't accidentally trade away the last of an event pet by accident.
Barb_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SitcomLaughTrack » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:55 pm

I don't lolsob

Right now most of them are sorted by month, with some of my older pets being in other folders. The ones I tend to sort in a more detailed manner are the ones that are part of specific collections :)
SitcomLaughTrack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mimifan101 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:36 pm

Fortunately, I started this organization style right when I started CS a few years ago, if not within a couple of weeks since I got the feeling I would be getting many for as long as I stayed. And since this post will allow me to go into detail of organization (why am I more organized on here than actual life? idk) I will happily share : D

First, on the top of the list, I have my asterisk groups! These are a bit more disorganized but they are typically large gift groups so as random gifts from users and holibombs to show off and a few misc groups such as giveaway earnings and former WL.

Example: (--- = crossing out username)
****--- Gift Group (Sorting Out RN)
***Pound Adoptees - NFT or Gifts
**From Giveaway (NFT)
**Gifts from --- - NFT or Gifts ((1))
((1)) and various groups like this. Gifts from users : )

Pound adoptees go near, if not at the top of the list with the most asterisks, giveaways and gifts get ** and former WL get *.

Second, we have the "event pets", such as pets from the summers, halloweens, st pattys day, dec 18, etc. All of these are separated by year and event.
Example:
2019 Christmas Advent Calendar Event Pets
2020 Chinese New Years Event Pets
2021 CS Birthday Event Pets
2021 Easter Event Pets
etc. If CS says a certain group of pets are being released for a holiday or event (large or small, real or CS-unique), they'll typically go into a event group.

Third, and finally, we have the monthlies. They are separated by year and month and not separated into different species groups.
Monthly Pets (2018, 01) is my first monthly group and it goes all the way up to Monthly Pets (2021, 11).

35 monthly groups
40+ event groups (~44 I think?)
20+ misc/gift groups
= 100+ groups LOL
Mimifan101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nucleoid » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:34 am

I organize my pets by general type, summer events, and collections. My trade group is separated by rarity, and I use my growing folder to separate out the singles for the collection and swaps.
Nucleoid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby triceratops. » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:36 am

literally uhhh
for trade
nft (locked)
rares+
banner pets bc i dressed em up
my first cs pet(locked)
and irl pets, both current and passed away ones (locked)
im so proud of you.

my pronouns are they/them
ImageImageImage
triceratops.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~*PenderGhasm*~* » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:53 am

Okay

🌟So I tend to sort the main bulk of my regular release pets into both year and species. So 2009 - horses, 2009 - dogs etc...
🌟Events get their own groups and are separated into years (so If I get a re-release event pet I can still put it in the same group as the rest from that year) So I have 13 Christmas events going all the way back to 2008.
🌟For non-regular releases not part of an event I give them their own group, malk wolves are so infrequent they're all in one group and don't even have a page 2. We don't get spiders much anymore so they're all in one group incorrectly labeled as 'insects', same for fish.
🌟My trade groups are broken into 4, OMGSC-Common, Uncommon, Rare-OMGSR and unknowns - which are mostly for event + monthly swaps before rarities are released, my trade groups are the only groups I leave unlocked.
🌟Hoards sort of hover in the middle of all my groups and are separated into whatever pet I'm hoarding.
🌟Staff litters are special so each year gets a different group too

🌟🌟 When I know I have all pets for that group I annotate with a -COMPLETE for my own reference.

I can't imagine resorting into months, I would have far too many groups - they grow by more than 10 groups a year as is! I find this system generally works well for me and re-releases generally hover close to the first page of whatever group they wind up in so don't get lost.
Image Image
*~*PenderGhasm*~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby updog » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:08 am

YES this thread is so fun i love it

i keep my goob ungrouped as a little "welcome" to anybody looking through my pets not looking to trade

any pets in groups starting with 0. are there for convenience purposes, both for me sorting new pets and anyone looking to buy something from my c$ store. i do Not like it when stores are somewhere scrambled in the middle, so this makes it easier for everyone.

groups starting with capital letters are my trade groups, each letter corresponding with rarity

lowercase letters are where it starts getting a little bit more confusing. a majority of them are completed collections, starting with d. the ongoing hoards (of which there is one) start with b. and the ongoing collections start with c.

the groups that start with x. are my certified Weird Groups and while most of them are simply collections, they kind of have themes and so i dont really want to sort them as completed collections.

this was fun More Info Dump Threads
⋆⁺。˚ art gallery ˚。⁺⋆
what if instead of trans gender it was crayons gender
that would be pretty funny i bet

updog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keith-Kogane » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:30 am

Mine is a bit intense, especially considering I switched it up after over 9 years on the site ^^;

Up top are hoards:
*hoard name
*hoard name
etc

Then I have a few old groups I'm still sorting so I don't count those.

After, I have it sorted by year. 08-10 I have together by species and events since I don't have many at all.

My main groups are by year, subdivided into months and then events after. I put the new year pets into the dividing group between years.

The bottom is miscellaneous and trade groups:

Achieved Dreamies
Auction
Giveaway
Still Growing
Still Growing Event
Trade (grouped into two years per group: 08-09, 10-11, etc.)
Trade Rares
Trade Event

I
am a mess xD
Keith-Kogane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me