The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Postby silvermahogany » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:43 pm

- DANGEROUS? DANGEROUS FOR WHO!? -

☆ NUMBER 1 BOOTHILL KISSER ‼‼‼‼‼🦅🦅🦅💥💥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
☆ Silv - He/Him - Genderqueer - Gayest AroAce in the land
☆ Adult
☆ Un-quit for art shops, pls shoot me a dm if you do human art!!
silvermahogany

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweetmosso'mine » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:47 pm

XxDragonScalesxX wrote:
noen wrote:trade 1

trade 2

are the trades above fair?^^

First trade is just slightly unfair to you. The two 2019 rares are worth a 2016 common or a 2015 very common so it's just barely unfair to you. The uncommons would be a fair swap as they fall within the 3 month rule.

Second trade is slightly unfair to the other person. The two 2010 horses would be worth a 09' rare and the 2015 rares are a fair swap so they'd be over by just a 2010 uncommon. However you might keep in mind that horses tend to have low demand while dogs have better demand.

Do you mind my asking why a 2016 common is worth two 2019 rares? I am not very versed in rarity but that seems like an odd system, if rare pets are by definition less common. Rarity and value on CS seem very confusing.
sweetmosso'mine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scarluth » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:49 pm

toryani wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=84966398&userid=953724&signature=YTCeKkaPykZgt-_fCZ0w6A

is this fair?? IT seems like underpay for the mainlist pps wolfdog.

Top side adds up to roughly 46-47 ‘09 rares, whilst the wolf PPS is worth 60-80. Quantity store pets usually have relatively decent demand and often goes for overpay. Rarity wise it was underpay on top side, demand wise is up to you and your partner.

sweetmosso'mine wrote:
XxDragonScalesxX wrote:

trade 2

First trade is just slightly unfair to you. The two 2019 rares are worth a 2016 common or a 2015 very common so it's just barely unfair to you. The uncommons would be a fair swap as they fall within the 3 month rule.

Second trade is slightly unfair to the other person. The two 2010 horses would be worth a 09' rare and the 2015 rares are a fair swap so they'd be over by just a 2010 uncommon. However you might keep in mind that horses tend to have low demand while dogs have better demand.

Do you mind my asking why a 2016 common is worth two 2019 rares? I am not very versed in rarity but that seems like an odd system, if rare pets are by definition less common. Rarity and value on CS seem very confusing.

Dates are a huge play into the rarity system. Older pets are worth more, even if rarity is higher. Pets are worth the same as a pet from the previous year one level under the original pet’s rarity.
EG:
2019 rare = 2018 uncommon
2018 uncommon = 2017 common
2017 common = 2016 very common
And so on.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅
𝐸𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈-𝓉𝓊 𝓂𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓉𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒, 𝓎 𝒶-𝓉-𝒾𝓁 𝓆𝓊𝑒𝓁𝓆𝓊'𝓊𝓃 ?
𝒥𝑒 𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓈 𝓆𝓊𝑒 𝒿𝑒 𝓂𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒹𝓈...Image

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

scarluth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby floor. » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:56 pm

Currently looking for... wrote:
BA, someone trade me a truedate BA xD
(my sig isn’t updated, fyi xD)

Store pet giveaway here!

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 12 people.
I have received 7 gifts.

Offering some cool stuff for a TD BLACK ADVENT, see below:
Trade thread here.

We're all mad here.
floor.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ufoparty » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:57 pm

is this fair?
      thanks in advance <3
Image fox | they/them | adult | film major
ufoparty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chaotic creativity » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:05 pm

sharpiesandhamilton wrote:I really love the snow leopard cub, but I wanted to see how fair this trade is. The snow leopard cub is my absolute favorite pet, but I need some guidance on if I should accept.

x
chaotic creativity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leek » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:06 pm

the beg currently goes for around 1-1.5 nons (closer to 1 due to it's weird demand). the ur aussie typically goes for around 1 non as well and the android usually goes for around a sorbet/toxic (0.5 non). i believe the android would be an unnecessary add but i suggest getting a second opinion c:
leek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:11 pm

sweetmosso'mine wrote:
XxDragonScalesxX wrote:

trade 2

scarluth wrote:Dates are a huge play into the rarity system. Older pets are worth more, even if rarity is higher. Pets are worth the same as a pet from the previous year one level under the original pet’s rarity.
EG:
And so on.

That makes no sense. A rare pet is rarer than a common pet, regardless of year. The age of the pet doesn't automatically make it worth more - there's still less of the 2019 rare than a 2016 common. I'm not sure where you got that information from, but pet rarity labels are based on how many there are of each pet on active accounts, age doesn't change that.
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby floor. » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:14 pm

firefly, wrote:

the beg currently goes for around 1-1.5 nons (closer to 1 due to it's weird demand). the ur aussie typically goes for around 1 non as well and the android usually goes for around a sorbet/toxic (0.5 non). i believe the android would be an unnecessary add but i suggest getting a second opinion c:

Ah, that’s what i was thinking as well, just wanted to check on here to be sure :) Thank you!

Received a suggestion to get a purple sleipnir (which i really want), would the apple be too much overpay? Heard it’s demand is not that great but not sure if the sleipnir is worth that much?

Currently looking for... wrote:
BA, someone trade me a truedate BA xD
(my sig isn’t updated, fyi xD)

Store pet giveaway here!

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 12 people.
I have received 7 gifts.

Offering some cool stuff for a TD BLACK ADVENT, see below:
Trade thread here.

We're all mad here.
floor.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scarluth » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:14 pm

Aurora Storm wrote:
scarluth wrote:Dates are a huge play into the rarity system. Older pets are worth more, even if rarity is higher. Pets are worth the same as a pet from the previous year one level under the original pet’s rarity.
EG:
And so on.

That makes no sense. A rare pet is rarer than a common pet, regardless of year. The age of the pet doesn't automatically make it worth more - there's still less of the 2019 rare than a 2016 common. I'm not sure where you got that information from, but pet rarity labels are based on how many there are of each pet on active accounts, age doesn't change that.

Apologies, I should’ve worded it better. Didn’t mean it like the actual rarity of the pet itself, those are just the calculations I take when it comes to trading.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅
𝐸𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈-𝓉𝓊 𝓂𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓉𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒, 𝓎 𝒶-𝓉-𝒾𝓁 𝓆𝓊𝑒𝓁𝓆𝓊'𝓊𝓃 ?
𝒥𝑒 𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓈 𝓆𝓊𝑒 𝒿𝑒 𝓂𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒹𝓈...Image

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

scarluth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me