Guide: Extended release pets

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Guide: Extended release pets

Postby lucky333123 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:31 am

I know in the past that there are sometimes pets added to account because of a trade that went wrong or an accidental deletion of a pet. That banana may be one of those cases.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:01 pm

lucky333123 wrote:I know in the past that there are sometimes pets added to account because of a trade that went wrong or an accidental deletion of a pet. That banana may be one of those cases.

That sounds more like the pets that are recreated, which should have the same adoption date as the original pets (mentioned in first post of this thread). Though now that you mention it, maybe the November 2009 banana was one of the first recreated pets before Nick figured out how to make the adoption date stay the same as the original, if there was ever a time when he couldn't
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:23 am

Quick question...
As we've established, the original July adopts here on CS were actually available for a little while into August.

Do we still consider those early August July dogs True dates?
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:15 am

'Possum wrote:Quick question...
As we've established, the original July adopts here on CS were actually available for a little while into August.

Do we still consider those early August July dogs True dates?

... yes and no 8D;

Yes: adopted during the original adoption period

No: not adopted during the time that they're archived under

You made me think about this LOL I think I'll treat them like true dates when trading, but in my mind I don't see them as true dates... Huh. What about you guys?
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PronghornPlush » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:05 am

I can help confirm the date range for the scribble gear 2nd gens! this fellow was adopted may 29th, 2010~

PronghornPlush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:51 am

NixMarrow wrote:I can help confirm the date range for the scribble gear 2nd gens! this fellow was adopted may 29th, 2010~

Awesome, thanks! I haven't seen any pets from that litter from June 2010 or later, so I guess these guys really were available to the end of May 2010 and then *poof*

Wonder if there's an announcement of that that I can dig up... (lol that that)

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Available for just a few months

Postby CaptainSpank » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:52 pm

nickjr wrote:Available for just a few months

November 2008 rats
November 2008 through December 2008?
Image Image Image

I hope I'm not "polluting" this very interesting and useful Thread, but I notice some little Mistake in the 3rd Post in the Thread, for the Rats Sections:
Available for just a few months

=> The Picture for the 2nd Rat is not correct I think (it is currently simply the same Picture with the same Link like the 1st Rat).
Correct for that Section would be:

November 2008 rats
November 2008 through December 2008?
Image Image Image

Even if I'm a bit surprised to see that the last Update to that Post is from Novb 2014 and that nobody noticed before, so maybe I'm missing stg...?:
Last edited by nickjr on Sun 09 Nov 2014 6:37 am, edited 9 times in total.
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:48 am

O.O Thanks for catching that! I think no one noticed because no one cares about that section haha plus those two rats look pretty similar at a glance. I'll fix it soon!

Edit: Done! Thanks again :D Also, don't worry about "polluting" this thread; this is a mostly static guide with very little discussion, so questions and posts about possible corrections are always welcome, especially since I have my PMs turned off. ^^

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:52 am

nickjr wrote:O.O Thanks for catching that! I think no one noticed because no one cares about that section haha plus those two rats look pretty similar at a glance. I'll fix it soon!

Edit: Done! Thanks again :D Also, don't worry about "polluting" this thread; this is a mostly static guide with very little discussion, so questions and posts about possible corrections are always welcome, especially since I have my PMs turned off. ^^

nickjr wrote:O.O Thanks for catching that! I think no one noticed because no one cares about that section haha plus those two rats look pretty similar at a glance. I'll fix it soon! 2:30am here good night

Edit: Done! Thanks again

Yes-yes-yes, very good, ah-ah...! (I was checking the Post from time to time as I didn't want to reply too quickly to avoid unnecessary Posts, oh and you've edited your Post as well I notice...):
Last edited by nickjr on Sat 04 Feb 2017 4:03 pm, edited 10 times in total.

But well, even if Rats are not in "vogue" that much, I'm still surprised nobody noticed in more than 2 years, ah-ah...!
But anyway, Pb solved, and hum..., I will keep my eyes open, ah-ah...!, I'm usually good at noticing Glitches, oops...!

=> Unrelated Info, the "2017" Entry Value in the Archive from this Thread where you had reacted has now been fixed, but I guess you probably have noticed by yourself...
(Sorry to "misuse" this current Post to mention that other Thread but it's a bit "difficult" or "cumbersome" to communicate a bit "discretely" with you as you've disabled PM, but you are luckily very reactive on (your) Thread(s)...)

Greetings.

CaptainSpank

EDIT: Foufff, you scared me...!, I was actually trying to reply to your Post but kept getting some "The requested post does not exist.", turns out, we were both posting/editing on this Thread, ah-ah...!
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 am

LOL And here I wasn't sure if you'd notice my edit! So I ended up deleting the post and reposting. :lol: On second thought, I could've just bumped the post and then you wouldn't have gotten that message, oops xD

And yeah, I noticed the new archive link, but thanks for pointing it out :D

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me