Favorite Staff Dog From Each Year? (+ GH Cats!)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Favorite Staff Dog From Each Year?

Postby Lacuna » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:53 pm

2009: Mausoleum
    I love the riveted metal look and the transparency!

2010: Leurai
    I've always loved the collar on this one.

2011: Selcouth
    This one is so soft looking, the sideways ears speak to me. And the wittle horns!

2012: moonlily
    Honorable mention to Selcouth again, but the HAIR on this one. And the flowers. So good.

2013: Spotty
    This one is just friend shaped.

2014: DoctorDraca
    I've always loved Draca's eye style and the spooky vibes are excellent.

2015: reynard
    The patterns on this one are just so satisfying~

2016: Verdana
    There are a ton of great ones in 2016, but Verdana was so close to taking my top spot in 2015 I had to give her this one. I want to pet them.

2017: Solloby
    Fuzzy bee friend go bzzz...? *wink*

2018: EmberWolf
    Another awesome year! But if how many times I stop to take pics of clouds is any indication, this has to be the winner. Just the perfect use of this palette.

2019: Coalchaser
    I wanted to pick EmberWolf again, but I should choose someone different, so this classic design is in. Even the most simple can be so pleasant.

2020: Berricuda
    So fluffy! Pikachu cheeks! Good friend.

2021: Dia.
    I just love the markings, the natural stripes are so good, and the little antler using the colors is a wonderful accent.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pegasusfeathers » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:36 pm

I love that this post is coming back for staff dog season! owo We'll all have to add the next one when this set is done growing!
I was hoping for a palette with some green or pink lol but I do really like the blue and violet we got this year!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
pegasusfeathers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dawulf » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:10 am

2009:

While I do enjoy the Shima dog (and I named her Shark which is a nickname I call one of my current rl dogs, lol), there is something about the design on this one that I love.

2010:

I LOVE the intricacy in the design on this one. The tufty-eared dog was a close second.

2011:

He reminds me of a Magic: The Gathering card.

2012:

Tufty ears? Fun design? Yes please.

2013:

Again, love that fantasy creature vibe. Looks like something my DnD party would come across.

2014:

It's just such a pretty lineart! I wish they would do more on this. I used to do a night time delivery route, and have a soft spot for owls as I used to see them quite often. We have a pair that live in the trees in our back yard that I love listening to as well.

2015:

My FAVORITE color scheme (my wedding colors were orange and blue). I love the see-thru pets, and the wings are so elegant.

2016:

Simple, but I love the design. This years colors make me think of salsa.

2017:

Hard choice between this and the skunk, but I love the tail-turned-paint-swoosh of this guy.

2018:

For the sole reason that it makes me laugh.

2019:

Space.

2020:

I am SUCH a sucker for Van Gogh.

2021:

Dream panda. I love the colors.

2022:

Thus far I'm really excited to see how he looks. I do really like the spotty PPS though, reminds me of a stuffed animal I have.
Image Image
Dawulf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cloudtay » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:23 pm

2009 Moonflight.Tufted ears, necklace, and three tails <3 A staple of the time in cs

2010 Tyr. I adore everything about this dog; the horns, the tail, the scales.

2011 Sorren Fey. this pps pup's design is gorgeous. I love the details in the wings and along the tail.

2012 Vampiric. I really do adore all of the designs with wings; however, this one drew my attention. I love the eyes, the hair, and of course, the detailing in the wings.

2013 Chia. This was my favorite year of store pets, I love green! I loved the horns, wings, and of course, the glow <3

2014 Atwood's Jagger. It's a collie! That's all I got to say.

2015 Chia. I adore this design. It's so soft and reminds me a lot of watercolor

2016 Atwood's Keli. What a soft design. I adored the glow and vines

2017 Yağmur's Hazel. The crystals and sparkles of this design is flawless.

2018 EmberWolf's Nimbus. clouds clouds clouds, I love clouds! This design is so soft and peaceful.

2019 Desmond's Munin. There were so many great pets but I adore designs based on folklore. This pet is Akhlut, an orca/wolf hybrid from Inuit folklore.

2020 meveh's Layl & Uri. one of my fav litters. I adored the feline design and glow of the bird & eyes. anything with a glow I almost immediately adore.

2021 Anover's Beetle. The shading and wings are flawless. And his little expression.

2022 EmberWolf's Andromeda. emberwolf was back at it again this year with the clouds <3
x
Want you to live
like the world's on fire
╔╗
║║
╚╝
╔═════════════════╗
..taylor | she/her | adult

╚═════════════════╝
╔╗
║║
╚╝
cloudtay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby icepunk » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:52 pm

Woo, been waiting for one of these to pop up, it looks fun to do and I'm always willing to show appreciation to artists <3

November 2009 - Fiery Gatoh
As much as the Shima Longtail and Malk Mutant are interesting, I could never get over the pretty red solid fur on this outcome, it's such a nice juxtaposition with the careful swirls on the green fur.

November 2010 - Laurai
He's so pretty, look at those dual colored eyes! I love the collar addition and the plain teal color is what stuck out to me the most. I think you can probably get the feeling that I love minimal designs, straight off the bat haha!

November 2011 - Solloby
I love the celestial space cadet theme and the glowy stars definitely made me stick with this dog like glue <3

2012 - Spotty
This was by far my favorite year of staff pets, so I genuinely had a hard time choosing. I wanna pick this one though because I love hyenas too much to ignore em!

2013 - SoulWings
When I saw this design when I was younger, it filled me with such inspiration that I added fluffy mowhawks and fish tails to all my OCs. A bit of an embarrassing confession but needless to say, this was a cute pet within the green bean litter :]

2014 - Hekomi's Theodora
I love the curly fur on her tail so much, you guys have no idea!! The somber look on this pup's face is so sweet and in a way, I'm kinda glad that Hekomi didn't add filigree to their staff dog, it looks pleasant and soft without it <3

2015 - Berkshire's Chenaanah
When I read this staff dog's story, it resonated a lot with me. I think it's worth reading if you haven't already and I'm glad they were willing to share a piece of themselves with the entire site.

2016 - Berkshire's Promise
Ugh, stop making such heartwarming stories attached to these pets! /j, but in all seriousness, just like the pet above, the story Berkshire attached with this maned wolf + fennec fox was really sweet. Once again worth a read if you haven't already, especially if you're feeling like you're not enough lately.

2017 - Lillian Nightshade's Thalia & Sabriel
Don't think I should elaborate on this one, it's a piece that I love to bits and the art itself explains why. I'm also loving the African Wild Dog patterns on Sabriel's fur. I kind of wish it was a PPS so we'd have a little Thalia of our own to keep.

2018 - EmberWolf's Nimbus
Cotton candy clouds is all I ever wanted in life :0

2019 - Tea.Time's Terrion
He's so wonderful to look at!! A great use of the palette and I love the cuffs on the wrists and tail, his only job is to look pretty and by the gods is he doing it well <3

2020 - Doglike's Yu Wenlan (余文兰)
I love pets that have more than four legs on them and this year's palette looks GORGEOUS on him!! Precious little baby, by far my favorite staff pet ever <3

2021 - Schnuffel Bunny's Kevin
Schnuffel is my favorite artist on this site, so seeing their fluffy little guy was definitely a surprise, but not so much of a surprise that it easily was my favorite staff dog for this year!!

2022 - Doglike's Orchid
I know this year's staff dogs aren't all done growing yet but I think this choice is unmoveable at this point, I love the pose and the expression is so adorable!!
┌─────✦✦✦✦─────┐

XXXX
Imagex

└─────✦✦✦✦─────┘

┌────✦✦✦────┐

» Ahoy there, I'm Ash!!

» Pansexual Genderfluid
» Adult Player / Friendly!

» Artshop (CLOSED)
» 99 Reasons to Live.
» Check out my Dressups!

└───✦✦©✦✦───┘
icepunk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leopardy » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:35 am

I really like most of the Outcomes of the Staff Litter of 09, it is still one of my favourite Staff Litters!
But Vampiric´s Outcome somehow always connected with me and grew on me over the years!

2010 was my second favourite year. I actually started playing in 2010 on the site. I registered 09, adopted some things and came on ocassionally, but 2010 was my real start, so I´m really liking most of the 2010 Sets we got. It´s just fun memories.
Anyways, Tyr´s Outcome here was one of the most heavy edited ones back then and I really love it! Still do!

Sadly 2011 was not really my year. I just did not click with most of the Staff Pets. It may have been the Color Palette? I don´t know. I just konw I wasn´t as enthusiastic, sadly.
Selcouth´s Outcome was the only one I clicked with. I still like it very much!

2012 was a good year for me again! I had many favourites!
Pluma´s Outcome was my ultimate favourite though!
I just love the Doggie looking like a Deer with a Balloon! :D

ImageImageImage
2013 was another great year for me with the Staff Pets. Loved the Colors!
And it actually is the first year I never could name one single favourite, because I always had three!
Spotty´s was just amazing it being a Tiger / Lion / Sabertooth / something like that. I loved it!
Chia´s just looked so perfect! The glow! The wings! The Outlines! I just loved it!
Ricorn´s just hit me with my inner love for dragons! It was awesome!

2014 was sadly not another hit for me. I think it may have been the colors again. Not sure though, lol.
sketchi´s Outcome was my favourite though! I really liked how the back paw looks!

2015 was an okay year for me in Staff Pets. Not ecstatic, but it was really okay! :D
Chia´s was my favourite this year! Loved the way it looks!

2016 was an okay year for me as well!
Coalchaser´s Outcome was my favourite though! Really loved the markings and the purple standing out eyes!

I loved the colors of 2017!
But Jayfrost´s Outcome really stood out for me! It just looks so perfect!

2018 had a pink-ish theme and I enjoyed it!
sketchi´s Outcome was my favourite! It challenged my inner dragon-love again and I just enjoy this Lineart!

2019 was quite interesting!
Seasonal´s Outcome got me though! I don´t know how many of these doggos I have on my account, but I remember picking up quite a few of these guys xD

2020 had cool colors!
meveh´s Lynx was my favourite though! Like how can you resist this cutie?!

2021 was ... not my thing I guess.
Schuyler´s Outcome got me the most though. Really like how the colors mix on this one!

2022 colors were okay!
I think I´m clicking the most with Doglike´s Outcome, it just looks so cute!
I mean it can still change, because a few need to grow still, and I might edit this here, but for now, it is this one!
Leopardy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby holodog » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:04 am

ImageImage
love them both and couldn't pick a fav between them
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage
i eat up the biblical angel aesthetic like a feral hog
ImageImage
HAD to include both, the first is so beautiful but I love the inspiration of the 2nd
ImageImage
actually impossible to pick a fav from 2021 I could put another 4 here. also i'm a sucker for new poses
holodog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FANTASIIIA » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:07 am

2009 - By Shima.Luan

" It was an easy pick, it's iconic! It also stands out the most among the rest ! "

2010 - By Selcouth

" This was much harder as 2010's colour scheme was not something I'm fond off ! I think this pets is a perfect balance though ! "

2011 - By Selcouth

" Honestly, it's just really cute, hehe. That counts right ? "

2012 - By Selcouth

" I like the amount of detailing, it's nice to look at ! "

2013 - By Chia

" I really like deer-like, cottagecore & natural pets ! "

2014 - By Lilian Nightshade

" It's not just a pet - It's art ! "

2015 - By sketchi

" The colouring is - MWAH ! "

2016 - By Berkshire

" I really like the unique lines ! .. and toebeans! "

2017 - By Swiftalu

" Such a cutie ! I LOVE the little sparkles too ! "

2018 - By Swiftalu

" It's just so pretty ! I want to squish the tail, looks like it's made of cotton candy ! "

2019 - By Yağmur

" Majestic, there's no competition if there's a clear winner ! "

2020 - By Celozon

" So much detail & the pixels are the perfect touch ! "

2021 - By Sixbane

" Lovely theme + lovely colours + lovely art = lovely pet ! "

2022 - By Anover

'' I was thinking between 3 here, but this one has my favourite colours & a perfect amount of detail ! ''

" It seems that I have a lot of diversity in the artists! Only Selcouth and Swiftalu appeared more than once ! If I had to pick a favourite artist over all I'm stuck between Anover & Swiftalu, all of their pets are eye candies !

"Anyways, I will add General Helper Litter here as well, for more fun! "

2016 - By Wesley

" It's cute! I like the colours mainly ! "

2017 - By ZΕL

" This pet is gorgerous ! ! "

2018 - By Aaron✦

" The most pleasing colours and I love the tree idea ! "

2019 - By Celozon

" Really cool design ! "

2020 - ZΕL

" So soft, so graceful, what a pretty gal ! "

2021 - By ZΕL

" I'm seeing a trend here with ZEL, haha . "

2022 - By Wobbuffet

" I love mages, reminds me a lot of a character I used to obsess over ! "

" It seems my favourite artist is ZEL ! My favourite GH over all has to be from 2017 !"
Last edited by FANTASIIIA on Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

" All it costs is your love!! "
    Welcome! I am quite friendly and I love chatting as well as meeting new friends.
    [they/she/he][INFJ][©]
FANTASIIIA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:40 pm

Oooooooh yess! I've always loved the staff pets!

2009 - Malk
What can I say? I love creepy stuff! I've always liked Malk's style and the pet just fits right up my alley. :)

2010 - Tyr
Absolutely adore the eerie and mystical feeling of this one! That, and the colouring is so nice.

2011 - Selcouth
Beautiful colours and design. It's so nice to look at and so soft.

2012 - Drizzle
One of my favourite staff pets ever! I adore the pattern and how it extends to beyond the linework. Such a beautiful pet!

2013 - Spotty
I've always had a soft spot for Spotty's pets. The colours and lineart edits are just so wonderful.

2014 - Yağmur
Yag's style is so amazing. The eerie vibe of this pet is also too good to ignore.

2015 - Atwood
I love how the colours work on these lineart edits. And the extra shading works so well on it.

2016 - Dia.
It's a more simple design than other pets in the litter but the colours work so well! It's such a cutie!

2017 - Bernouli
Framing the pet by way of the tail is brilliant. It's such a pretty and calming design.

2018 - EmberWolf
The lighting on this pet is truly stunning. The softness of the colours and paintwork really shows Ember's skill.

2019 - Yağmur
Yag again! What can I say? I love their work. The edits and shading on this one is just so good.

2020 - Anover
What a stunning scene! And such a great concept! Everything about this pet is so beautiful.

2021 - Berricuda
I had a hard time choosing because I love this entire litter. But this bad boy has such good use of colours.

2022 - Doglike

The design and pose are incredible. Such a big cutie! I really hope these lines get used more, or at least poses like this. I just want to hug this doggo. <3
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xiao_Jian » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:39 pm

2009 - I love the green, tufted ears, and the tails.

2010 - It's just perfect. Not only is it my favorite staff pet, it's my favorite pet on the entire site.

2011 - Not a fan of this year's palette, but the ears/tails still got me.

2012 - I adore the floofiness, and he just screams Skyrim to me, which was my big thing in 2012.

2013 - Another palatte miss for me, but this is just perfect.

2014 - I started watching Supernatural this year, and the eyes/wings remind me so much of the show and I love it.

2015 - I love the soft, underwater feeling this pet gives me. Also being more on the feline end of things.

2016 - Spooky mechanical owl-critter. Seriously, what's not to love?

2017 - They are just so freaking cute.

2018 - My least favorite colors so far. The ethereal feeling of this pet actually made it look good though.

ImageImage
2019 - Imlove both of these. They're rather subdued compared to most of the other pets, which just makes their excellent space-inspired art stand out more.

2020 - So many great pets this year. I love this one's forest-spirit vibes especially though.

2021 - Crumbling statue with birds? Yes, please!

2022 - I love how well the jewels look like they're glowing.
Xiao_Jian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me