Guide to CS Rarities *update in progress*

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Guide to CS Rarity Histories & Rarity List: STORE PETS A

Postby amarok. » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:13 am

LufikER wrote:I just editing links in my list and here is perfectly seen, how bad old list was:
All this pets changed rarity in August 2011! There was 2 updates I think, but all are under one month.

- As you can see, there is Target Dog from 2008 which changed so late! After most of advent 08 pets, but he was put on september list anyway and we had pay 2 advents for it!
- Then there is Red-fronted Holly dog which was down on advent list and Tan Santa Hat Dog which was on the top!
- There is few another advent pets like lions, cat, tess horse and they was not all together on the same line.
- Then come very important part! If we skip store pets, we can see there Bunnies from 2010 and a lot of 2009 rats! All this pets changed in the same time as target dog. In the same time as some advent 08 pets, but they were never added on the list and when someone tried to trade this bunny for one of this 08 advents or even for another normal 09 very rare (which changed later) players usually screamed, how unfair that trade is! Or you was lucky, if you got at least one 09 rare (as swap) for these rats. And of course, "fair" trade thread never helped, cause nobody ever supported or thought, that this pets would be much more valuable, than they thought and only because this pets were not on the list.

no offense, rares list dudes, but what the hell were you guys doing?
in defence of the ftt squad, we trade mostly from the list because we have no real understanding of the rarities/rarity histories and just accept what the older players told us when we were new. these days when i'm floating around over there i link back to this thread where i can, but there's so much info to process it's reached the point where we either need to tell people to just trade however they want, use the list or just stop trading at all.

in other news, look! i did a thing!

Zebra Stamp
Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4201164][img]https://i.imgur.com/w9Y2sdv.png[/img][/url]

thoughts? i'm planning on making a sunback one and one with a dark pawprint rat, too, but didn't want to go ahead and do it in case you guys don't like how they came out haha

i also messaged the owner of the cs guide index with a link to this thread and a brief rundown of what it's for, so with a little luck this thread will end up on the list.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────
back after a long/involuntary hiatus! bear with me while i get my bearings again.
my pronouns are she/they.

i left a lot of stuff here unfinished and can't remember most of what i was up to.
please feel free to shoot me a dm over on discord at amar#8393. my inbox here
is still swamped and i'm a little too intimidated to go wading through it

amarok.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:40 pm

Dioxeon wrote:
Aurora Storm wrote:
    Even the zebras' demand seems to be dropping from what I've seen? Before I went on hiatus they were still some of the top most wanted pets, now I don't see many people seeking them anymore.

I'm not sure about the current demand, but a few months back everyone would say the zebras couldn't even go for a fraction of what they are worth.

That's so crazy to me. The Plains zebra was one of my first "dream pets" and honestly it still is. Less demand would obviously make it easier for me to get now, but it still makes me a lil sad seeing them used as trade fillers nowadays.

Corax wrote:Hey guys, I’m glad to have found this thread because I’ve been losing my mind over rarities, demand, value, and worth... plus all the abbreviations I’ve had to try to commit to memory at this point! I’ve been reading not only the lists but these discussions about undervalued pets as well, and it’s interesting to see your takes on everything.

See, I have a lot of 2008-2009 pets and such, and I only just came back for the first time since ‘09 a few weeks ago. I’ve been kinda trying to figure out rarity stuff on my own and... its a lot, there’s a lot of information out there, so it’s been mildly overwhelming, haha! I’ve just been concerned about enabling trades on some of my tabs because, well, I have no idea what I’ll get and if it’s going to end up being worth it. (For the curious: 2008 doubles and 2009 doubles.)

Like, people sometimes seem to get really excited/hopeful and start throwing trades at ya when they see older pets or dream pets and the like, but my oldie-yet-newbie butt ain’t ready for that until I know what I should be looking for in a good trade! Anyway, just figured I should pop in to say this has been very useful so far. It seems like a good place to start. Still going to be tossing my pets on the “How Much Is This Pet Worth?” thread, but I don’t want to inundate them with... what, over 300 old pets? :lol: That’d be a lot of yikes. I’ll do it one at a time I suppose, as it becomes necessary.

Tl;dr: It’s nice knowing that 2008-me got some rare pets (at least I think?)... but it’s overwhelming trying to figure things out, thanks for making this thread because it’s helpful as I try to puzzle out values and such. <3

Welcome back to CS! It must've been a pleasant surprise seeing how valuable all your pets are now, I'm glad this thread could help you a bit c: I'd definitely be making sure you get help with any offers on your doubles that you're unsure of!

LufikER wrote:I just editing links in my list and here is perfectly seen, how bad old list was:
All this pets changed rarity in August 2011! There was 2 updates I think, but all are under one month.

- As you can see, there is Target Dog from 2008 which changed so late! After most of advent 08 pets, but he was put on september list anyway and we had pay 2 advents for it!
- Then there is Red-fronted Holly dog which was down on advent list and Tan Santa Hat Dog which was on the top!
- There is few another advent pets like lions, cat, tess horse and they was not all together on the same line.
- Then come very important part! If we skip store pets, we can see there Bunnies from 2010 and a lot of 2009 rats! All this pets changed in the same time as target dog. In the same time as some advent 08 pets, but they were never added on the list and when someone tried to trade this bunny for one of this 08 advents or even for another normal 09 very rare (which changed later) players usually screamed, how unfair that trade is! Or you was lucky, if you got at least one 09 rare (as swap) for these rats. And of course, "fair" trade thread never helped, cause nobody ever supported or thought, that this pets would be much more valuable, than they thought and only because this pets were not on the list.

That Target Dog really surprised me when I saw how late it changed. There's such a consensus that older = rarer here, which is true in a lot of cases but some of the 08 pets are way more common than people think. I still find it strange having all the card dogs VR, I remember when they were uncommon and everywhere. The main list was pretty out of wack, but I think the September & Advent lists were far worse especially when it comes to species bias.

amarok. wrote:no offense, rares list dudes, but what the hell were you guys doing?
in defence of the ftt squad, we trade mostly from the list because we have no real understanding of the rarities/rarity histories and just accept what the older players told us when we were new. these days when i'm floating around over there i link back to this thread where i can, but there's so much info to process it's reached the point where we either need to tell people to just trade however they want, use the list or just stop trading at all.

in other news, look! i did a thing!

Zebra Stamp
Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4201164][img]https://i.imgur.com/w9Y2sdv.png[/img][/url]

thoughts? i'm planning on making a sunback one and one with a dark pawprint rat, too, but didn't want to go ahead and do it in case you guys don't like how they came out haha

i also messaged the owner of the cs guide index with a link to this thread and a brief rundown of what it's for, so with a little luck this thread will end up on the list.

Omg yes!! I love it! Gonna go stick it on the first post <3 The idea of the pawprint rat is so good too, it deserves some love.

And thank you for that! Fingers crossed we can get this spread around some more, I really appreciate you referring people back to here on the FTT. I've been trying to offer help there without stepping on the toes of demand too much. Although it's very hard not to when it comes to dragon cat pps trades.. my goodness
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:13 pm

Oooo really cool Stamp! I like that there is zebra as one of these "low" demand pets which deserve to go for what she really worth!
I wish that my thread would be more referred as well (when came as 1st). :D
Yeah yeah... I know... i try to make advertisement on my one. :lol:
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:52 am

LufikER wrote:Oooo really cool Stamp! I like that there is zebra as one of these "low" demand pets which deserve to go for what she really worth!
I wish that my thread would be more referred as well (when came as 1st). :D
Yeah yeah... I know... i try to make advertisement on my one. :lol:

I actually started recording all this back in July, hidden on my trade thread, because it started just for my personal trading since the list was gone. And I was a little scared of making it public because what I found was so different to the list.
    I think our threads are different enough to both be valuable resources for trading; I've certainly referred to yours as well as mine! Plus I only have histories of VR changes pre-2012 for now anyway c;

Also guys, and anyone stalking the thread, I think I'm getting close to being able to make the VR Rarity List. But there's obviously a lot of pets to go on it.. do you think a "tiered" list like the old Advent list would be the best layout? Or just follow the same style I've done the OMGSR and Store Pet lists in? Please offer any suggestions you may have!
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:40 am

Aurora Storm wrote:
    I actually started recording all this back in July, hidden on my trade thread, because it started just for my personal trading since the list was gone. And I was a little scared of making it public because what I found was so different to the list.
    I think our threads are different enough to both be valuable resources for trading; I've certainly referred to yours as well as mine! Plus I only have histories of VR changes pre-2012 for now anyway c;

Also guys, and anyone stalking the thread, I think I'm getting close to being able to make the VR Rarity List. But there's obviously a lot of pets to go on it.. do you think a "tiered" list like the old Advent list would be the best layout? Or just follow the same style I've done the OMGSR and Store Pet lists in? Please offer any suggestions you may have!

Hehe... same for me. :D I had my own list saved in PC for years. Even when the list was still active. I remember, that I many times tried to tell, that list has incorrect data or that there is missing a lot of pets which should be there, like nick pps sunback, Strawberry Dog or a lot of rats. But I remember, that when I tried to get these pets into the list, I was usually very fast silenced. Mainly be old owners/creators of that list (maybe you can find something in old thread) that these pets do not belong there (mainly rats for which they absolutely not cared, only because of "demand"). After some time I just give up and completely hided my list, cause nobody cared for what these pets which are not on the list really worth. If they wasn't there from the beginning, they not belonged there. :-/

And I think, that you should keep the list same as you have with OMG so rares. Make tiers just for very rares could confuse members + there would be soooo many pets under each tier. :D But depend mainly on you what you prefer and like more. ^^
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:19 pm

LufikER wrote:Hehe... same for me. :D I had my own list saved in PC for years. Even when the list was still active. I remember, that I many times tried to tell, that list has incorrect data or that there is missing a lot of pets which should be there, like nick pps sunback, Strawberry Dog or a lot of rats. But I remember, that when I tried to get these pets into the list, I was usually very fast silenced. Mainly be old owners/creators of that list (maybe you can find something in old thread) that these pets do not belong there (mainly rats for which they absolutely not cared, only because of "demand"). After some time I just give up and completely hided my list, cause nobody cared for what these pets which are not on the list really worth. If they wasn't there from the beginning, they not belonged there. :-/

And I think, that you should keep the list same as you have with OMG so rares. Make tiers just for very rares could confuse members + there would be soooo many pets under each tier. :D But depend mainly on you what you prefer and like more. ^^

Yeah, it's really unfortunate that something so useful became warped and left such a damaging effect on trading. I think if there had been a list based solely on rarity as well as the rares list, it wouldn't have been so bad because there still would have been some kind of guide to how much the pets were actually worth to keep demand in check.

And that's true, I do want it to basically flow on from the OMGSR list. Just trying to make the whole thread as simple to read as possible; I find it so hard to word things properly to explain how I've done it, especially the store pet list ^^"

Also thinking I might wait to do the VR list until after the Dec 18th rarity change happens? No doubt we would see some changes to the list if I did it before.
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:24 pm

I worry that a tier list may encourage large gaps and cause issues that were present in the old list with trying to trade between tiers. I think that this data is laid out nicely and users can infer what they want to from it as it stands. ^^

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby みりん〇°• » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:42 pm

Soooo, where do list makers get all their data?
Image☙豆 豆 龍 ~ ꪻ ꪮ ꪻ ꪮ ᥅ ꪮ ~ ド ド ロ❧
ImageImageImageClick for ♫
みりん〇°•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:07 pm

Seasonal wrote:I worry that a tier list may encourage large gaps and cause issues that were present in the old list with trying to trade between tiers. I think that this data is laid out nicely and users can infer what they want to from it as it stands. ^^

Yeah, that was my concern too. I'm just worried there will be a lot of pets equal in value and it'll just look like a big clump of text. I'll see how it turns out and we can go from there, I guess!

Διάστημα wrote:Soooo, where do list makers get all their data?

Do you mean me, or the old Rares list creators?
    I think the rares list was decided by a bunch of experienced traders who discussed how much pets were going for and ordered them that way. As for me, I've gathered this data from the forums themselves; rarity change archives, update topics, trade discussions, etc. Basically just anything I could find from the search feature using pets names or archive image URLs (and just endlessly reading the rarity changes threads lol). And also the wayback machine for pets with missing data, to see if I could find their old rarities in the archive c:
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amarok. » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:23 am

i'm not sure if any of you guys know this yet but this guide was listed on the front page of the new ftt. ayyyy, that's a big step in the right direction.

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4215826

back after a long/involuntary hiatus! bear with me while i get my bearings again.
my pronouns are she/they.

i left a lot of stuff here unfinished and can't remember most of what i was up to.
please feel free to shoot me a dm over on discord at amar#8393. my inbox here
is still swamped and i'm a little too intimidated to go wading through it

amarok.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me