Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby Eucliwood » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:52 am

It was just a preview in the store, it wasn't available to buy.. I think it was put up as a mistake.
Eucliwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Kaleidoscope~ » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:52 am

Yes, it wasn't supposed to be released, but it was accidently put in the store. Not buyable, I think.
~Kaleidoscope~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:27 am

The UR dog was used as a demo dog in the store for some items, but it was taken down when Tess realized it hadn't been released (it may have never been supposed to be released, but once it was seen, everyone wanted it). UR pets are ones that were only available through the 'get-any-pet' gift box in the Advent. Some were customs for people who have left CS (the UR cat and the green horse were like that), and I think the banana and apple were just random things Tess did. The UR dog and purple horse might have been made specifically for that event, but I'm not sure.
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Khemo » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:44 am

I have a trade to gripe about now. I've noticed in the two actual trades I've posted here, my issues are mostly with lack of clear communication. Hm.

Their side: GPPS. (Coraline mask faced, so I hear them called.)
My side: Nothing, but a message:
Hello what do you want for this I have some of yr wishlist pets around in my groups I think?

This was after I uploaded my little button set in my signature. Obviously they're talking about the regular wishlist, which happens to have many early 09's and a few later 08's in it. I assume they've seen my wishlist. I look around their trades and find nothing I really want or don't have already, but I find pets on my wishlist in groups not offered for trade. I send back an empty suggestion with this message: "I do see a few, but they're outside of your trades group. Will you be willing to trade some of those?" They reply:

Yup!

Cool. I look through and found two pets on that were on my list. One Jan 09 and one butterfly wolf (July 09, and rare.) I find it better to offer on the January dog, as I've had successful trades like that, but in my suggestion back (Which asked if the trade was alright in the first place) I asked about the butterfly wolf, and if I had anything they would want to trade for it. I wait about two days and it's cancelled with this message:

I only got 1 of them

...Okay. So first they tell me I can offer on pets outside of the trading group, as they believe they have pets from my wishlist. Which many only have one. I be careful, sending back only suggestions, annnd they cancel it like I was offering on off-limits pets. A bit of a head scratcher.

I could understand if they thought the trade was unfair, but I would've liked to know that. They could've told me to pick something else, but decided not to. They could've even answered my question about the wolf (Which may have been included in "I only got 1 of them"), but that's rather unclear. It's more unclear to me when they gave me permission to look at untradable groups, that they believed would have been on my wishlist. (I have a slight inkling they saw the word "Wishlist" and didn't look at it, then hoping they had some on it. I'm not pleased at that idea.)
Khemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A-train » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:18 pm

I've been a bad, bad girl. XD

I've just went and gone looking through lots of pet ID numbers, and sent lots of bare-sided trade with messages such as, "Do you want anything for these?" XD

Yeppppp. Gonna see looooots of rants about me later, probably. ^_^;
Feeling a bit down? Want a free pet? You may pick one pet from this group here :>)

Howling ghosts they reappear
In mountains that are stacked with fear
But you're a king and I'm a lionheart

And in the sea that's painted black,
Creatures lurk below the deck
But you're the king and I'm a lionheart
A-train

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EnteHühnchen » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:26 pm

~Amberleaf~ wrote:I've been a bad, bad girl. XD

I've just went and gone looking through lots of pet ID numbers, and sent lots of bare-sided trade with messages such as, "Do you want anything for these?" XD

Yeppppp. Gonna see looooots of rants about me later, probably. ^_^;

What I want to do once, is send a really unfair trade to someone who's basically being quite rude, those saying your pets are so bad, mine are the best, someone like that.

The trade, however, is gonna be at twist. It's something like, all my rare pets, everything from July, June, Agust 08, etc. for a single rare pet of theirs with a message like:

I know your pet is rare, but is this good enough?

Then cancel as soon as possible with:

No, I'm being stupid. Of course this is unfair on you. How could I be so blind... Sorry for bothering you.

The confusion they would feel would be brilliant... Might only be excellent in my head but jeez, I'd love to do that...

Hilarious if they send it back and ask for them all again. Just keep going on how you don't want to scam them...

xD

Which reminds me, I still have to deal with that ridiculous trade...
Had a bad day? Need a laugh? Visit these sites: Not Always Right & Computer Stupidities
DisabledLlama wrote:Guinea Pig is my main occupation.
Libertas wrote:Revenge! :P
ImageImageImageImage
EnteHühnchen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prncsmary » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:08 pm

you just have to be quick, so they don´t accept XD
prncsmary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A-train » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:10 pm

Yeah; some people are literally HAWKS; watching their trades with a kind of concentration no one else can achieve. XD

Wait a sec.... Did you just say I was rude, Ente? XDD

*feeds you cookies* o3o That's what I'm gonna do to Sorren (I modified my evil plan :lol: ) if I'm the leader of CS for a day.... I'm gonna tie her up in a chair & FEED HER COOKIES!!!! :D With rainbow chocolate chips, of course. ^_^;
Feeling a bit down? Want a free pet? You may pick one pet from this group here :>)

Howling ghosts they reappear
In mountains that are stacked with fear
But you're a king and I'm a lionheart

And in the sea that's painted black,
Creatures lurk below the deck
But you're the king and I'm a lionheart
A-train

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mara. » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:18 pm

I like this thread, it is fun to see other crazy trades XD

I sent this trade to someone and thought it was pretty fair-
Them: Common 2nd gen
Me: Donner reindeer

Them: Common 2nd Gen
Me: Rare Oct. '08 dog
I read the rules before I broke them ; I broke the chains before they choked me out ; Now I pay close attention ; Really learned the code ; I learned to read the map before I hit the road

´•`•. .•´•`
Mara.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EnteHühnchen » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:35 pm

Well, of course you have to make sure the person is offline!! You also have to have everything typed out already and make sure you're computer doesn't crash *glares*

I've thought this out way too much...
Had a bad day? Need a laugh? Visit these sites: Not Always Right & Computer Stupidities
DisabledLlama wrote:Guinea Pig is my main occupation.
Libertas wrote:Revenge! :P
ImageImageImageImage
EnteHühnchen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me