Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby Kari Lion » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:30 pm

my least favorite thing about the labeled rarities is that it causes n00bs to do some kind of ridiculous math. I got a trade that said something like "Common + common = uncommon, so plz accept" *eyeroll*
ImageImageImage
Kari Lion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JadeiteWren » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:40 pm

Kari Lion wrote:my least favorite thing about the labeled rarities is that it causes n00bs to do some kind of ridiculous math. I got a trade that said something like "Common + common = uncommon, so plz accept" *eyeroll*

OMG snuggie ad at the bottom XD
Anyways...
[sarcasm] You mean that math was wrong? I thought two commons could equal an uncommon quite easily! All this time I've been wrong! [/sarcasm]
At least Chickensmoothie doesn't have neopets noobs. Neopet noobs are the worst ~_~
|| I used to be xX-Callisto-Xx, Jaded Avaritia, and Jaedeite. ||
JadeiteWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:21 pm

... People are far too trusting.

I have sent a few trades to people advertising on the trade thread or in their signatures (These aren't Advent trades), and I usually don't know what to offer- If I absolutely must, I pick a random thing from my trades group, and ask if they could edit and pick something that they like, since I cannot read minds. Usually, I leave my side blank because I don't assume I can perform ESP on someone I've never heard of in my life. Most people will pick something or cancel. Sometimes, I get the trade back, still openended on my side, with the message "I didn't find anything, sorry.", or something of the like.

And that little "Accept button blinks up at me so cheerfully. Alas, I'm too fragging honest.

Every. Single. Time.

I cancel the trade, say, "Aw, too bad. Better luck next time, I suppose." and warn the person about sending back unchanged trades like that, and how easy it would have been for me to take it and give nothing in return.

Aish. Sometimes the little devil in me wants to break my GiveAFlip. >.<
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sebeon » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:08 pm

-3B- wrote:... People are far too trusting.

I have sent a few trades to people advertising on the trade thread or in their signatures (These aren't Advent trades), and I usually don't know what to offer- If I absolutely must, I pick a random thing from my trades group, and ask if they could edit and pick something that they like, since I cannot read minds. Usually, I leave my side blank because I don't assume I can perform ESP on someone I've never heard of in my life. Most people will pick something or cancel. Sometimes, I get the trade back, still openended on my side, with the message "I didn't find anything, sorry.", or something of the like.

And that little "Accept button blinks up at me so cheerfully. Alas, I'm too fragging honest.

Every. Single. Time.

I cancel the trade, say, "Aw, too bad. Better luck next time, I suppose." and warn the person about sending back unchanged trades like that, and how easy it would have been for me to take it and give nothing in return.

Aish. Sometimes the little devil in me wants to break my GiveAFlip. >.<

x3 Awww...at least you're honest to them and warn them about it.

Maybe next time something nice will happen to you in the long run.

»»---------------------««
ɴoт ѕυper αcтιve oɴ нere.
If you need to contact me, find me on dA or TH!
devιαɴтαrт | cнαrαcтerѕ | αrт ѕнoppe
тнe ғrencнιeѕт oғ ғrιeѕ
💕 Alkene | Pine | Six | Boodle | Emris | Lioness 💕
Athzon | Zankzou

✧ signature art by Sebeon | avatar by kalvri
Sebeon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Airz » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:21 am

Ugh. I have 2 stories, both for my apple. Which I didn't even know I had enabled trade... 0_o

Story 1 -
This one person sends me a trade. They are very nice, and say I can pick anything from their trade group. Well, the only pets in their trade group are 2 very common 2nd gens, 18 Hanukkah horses at least, and a common cat. -_- I told them it wasn't fair, and they never replied...

Trade 2 (Sheesh) -
Okay, this one person sends me a trade for my apple. They were gonna give me four pets, which I didn't even like, for my one. Sure, three were rare and one was uncommon, but they were not my forte. And was gonna KEEP my apple.

They said this -

Them wrote:i thought it was fair, but if u want more pets for it then send a trade please

So I said -

Me wrote:Dude, the apple is not for trade. I don't care if you thought it was fair. You ARE NOT getting it. Period. End of discussion.

Merry Christmas.

Then I said -

Me wrote:Do you think I am gonna trade my APPLE for FOUR pets?

Them wrote:you don't have to be rude it was fair stop harassing me

Harassing them? No. Harassing them would be saying, "Hey shut ur face you are stupid you big *******!!!!11!!!1!" THAT would be harassing. Was I harassing? NO.

Ugh... some people.
Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see. It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out, it doesn't matter much to me
I read the news today, oh, boy. Four-thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire, and though the holes were rather small, they had to count them all. Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall
And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light that shines on me, shine until tomorrow, let it be

T h e B e a t l e s
Airz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby falconz » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:00 am

If you sent the second message without them even responding to you, then yeah, I could see why they thought you were harassing them.

Anyways, look at this item trade I got. The only thing I even wanted on their side was the white horse >.<
Attachments
mayas trade.jpg
mayas trade.jpg (40.89 KiB) Viewed 129 times
Looking for all Malk Cats on my WL! Send me a trade :)
My trade thread
falconz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Airz » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:08 am

falconz wrote:If you sent the second message without them even responding to you, then yeah, I could see why they thought you were harassing them.

Anyways, look at this item trade I got. The only thing I even wanted on their side was the white horse >.<

Made it bigger so you know what I was responding to =D

Okay, what n00b sent that trade? Honestly? A RUDOLPH, Sundog Item and Moondog item for THAT? I have to say that is one of the worst trade I have seen... >.<

(PS - I waited about 10 minutes before I sent the second PM because they sent something that was like... a number or letter or something, so I didn't count that... -_-)
Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see. It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out, it doesn't matter much to me
I read the news today, oh, boy. Four-thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire, and though the holes were rather small, they had to count them all. Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall
And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light that shines on me, shine until tomorrow, let it be

T h e B e a t l e s
Airz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Khemo » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:42 am

Well, this isn't the worst trade, but it struck me as odd.

Their side: Nothing
My side: Flop eared and jeweled sundog plushies.
Message: "I didnt know there were 2 variations of the sun dog plushie"

...Annnd? No request to edit? Nothing offered on your side? What do you WANT? D:
Khemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Airz » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:55 am

Khemo wrote:Well, this isn't the worst trade, but it struck me as odd.

...Annnd? No request to edit? Nothing offered on your side? What do you WANT? D:

Weird... :|

T h e B e a t l e s
Airz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Khemo » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:18 am

AirForce99 wrote:
Khemo wrote:Well, this isn't the worst trade, but it struck me as odd.

Weird... :|

Yeah. I decided to go ahead and edit out the jeweled one, since I kind of like it, and offered on two teddy bears. (Which I was looking for and made a post in the December Exchange thread about, so I thought they may have seen it.) I'm not sure how fair the two teddies would've been so I sent it as a suggestion, and they cancelled. Their message was simply "sorry, I like the teddies."

And it's been left at that. :? I'm still confused and had no idea what they originally wanted. I'm wavering between that they wanted them for free or they had a strange way of showing interest in "Hey! There ARE more variations!"
Khemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me