The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Postby SonOfStarGod » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:03 am

ImageImageImage
StarGod | they/them | | Always looking for trades!
SonOfStarGod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby popping star » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:04 am

If you use typical rarity math, your side adds up to 4 2018 commons and a 2019 common.
    2 same-year commons = 1 same-year uncommon OR 1 common from the year before
    1 uncommon = 2 commons from the same year OR 1 common from the year before

The dragon side is worth around 5 2018 commons, so it would be unfair to them by a 2019 common.

If you value all same-rarity pets the same regardless of release date, which some users do, this would be unfair to you.
    The 3 common dragons would swap for your commons, but the uncommon dragon wouldn't be enough for your uncommons.

Any other factors such as demand, personal values, etc. are up to you and who you're trading.

If you go by the 3 month rule, this is unfair to you.
    Their pet doesn't fall within 3 months of release of yours.

If you value all 2010 rares the same regardless of date, this is fair.

Any factors such as demand, personal values, etc are up to you. :)
popping star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Emi_ » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:17 am

alright guys I need help with this and would love multiple opinions, as I'm greatly considering accepting!
Image Image Image
Emi_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Berenice. » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:17 am

xxxxxxsighthounds, sighthounds and more sighthounds...

xxxxxxToyhousex|xFFH

xxxxxxart by Marz-Barz
Berenice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nobxdy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:18 am

Feathersong64 wrote:
Feathersong64 wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=83476077&userid=932465&signature=dDWjp0X4Mgt7DSNc53HZ-g
Is this fair?

?

They're overpaying, your cat was extended into April 2010 so just another 2010 rare would be fair rarity wise for your warrior cat. Their side is worth a little more than 3 '09 rares.

Also, please remember to only post your questions once per page. If you need to add another question onto your previous one, just edit your most recent post instead of posting twice.

Kittytalia wrote:Help

It's unfair to you rarity wise because your pet is OMGSR and their pet is only VR. It's up to you how you value each side demand wise. I personally only value the Joker at 1 Non regardless of true dates, and your Sunback at like 1.5-2 Nons, so I still see it as unfair to you.

There are some people who value true date Jokers at 2 Nons and Sunback at 2 Nons, so if that's how you value their pet/your sunback, then it could be considered fair but it's up to you and your personal preferences! Not everyone values pets the same so no one can really give you a set value "demand wise".

1. It's unfair to them because your pet is from 2012 worth 2 2012 rares / 1 2011 rare
2. It's unfair to them because their pet is one month out of the 3 month rule from your pet
Last edited by nobxdy on Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
adult . male . loser
Just because you see a smile,
don't think you know what's hidden underneath.
nobxdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rbpuppy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:22 am

I’m awful at item rarities! Does anyone know if this is fair? trades/viewtrade.php?id=83383252&userid=42960&signature=-c8x8xUi3rVZz-Nbpz4Z1g
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage
Rbpuppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nobxdy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:25 am

Emi_ wrote:alright guys I need help with this and would love multiple opinions, as I'm greatly considering accepting!

It's unfair to them because their pet is OMGSR and your pet is only VR. That rat is on the September List, but it's clear that it's not supposed to be there, so you shouldn't value it at its current list value. I've seen some people value the OMGSR rats around a Sorbet demand wise, but demand is up to you and if you're happy with this trade or not!
adult . male . loser
Just because you see a smile,
don't think you know what's hidden underneath.
nobxdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LazyRainwing » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:26 am

Is this a fair trade for my st party dog?
Thx for the help!♡☆

trades/viewtrade.php?id=83475355&userid=651521&signature=bIS_gi-m3a-R3g27CKYhrw
LazyRainwing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sarin » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:27 am

♔ Salem ♔ wrote:
Emi_ wrote:alright guys I need help with this and would love multiple opinions, as I'm greatly considering accepting!

It's unfair to them because their pet is OMGSR and your pet is only VR. That rat is on the September List, but it's clear that it's not supposed to be there, so you shouldn't value it at its current list value. I've seen some people value the OMGSR rats around a Sorbet demand wise, but demand is up to you and if you're happy with this trade or not!

I agree that they're overpaying. If you want the rat for your collection, I would definitely accept. If you want it for trading value, I'd say it is still a good deal but be prepared to need patience to find a good trade for the rat!
Full collection achieved 9/15/19 - it only took almost ten years! Thank you so much to everyone who helped me out along the way, with trades, gifts, and advice! <3
Sarin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me