*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide

Postby emjayy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:21 am

Takk wrote:I’d rather remove everything that changed than place it where it doesn’t belong. Much like the store pets, we can’t be sure where to put them and slapping them somewhere isn’t going to help.
Now would be a good time to consider removing store pets from the list
With the rarity changes, we need to push the grapes poll now and discuss what the lowest tier will be

Keeping in mind these pets are on the line of being VR and OMGSR it’s really important to note long time OMGSRs are still (hopefully) less common and worth more than the non level. Try not lose your heads, we can’t just slap these things wherever and fix it later. It would be confusing and a lie about their worth and again, I feel it would be easier to remove them or note they aren’t worth their placement right now (not that people really even look)

Slapping things together and fixing later has been going for years and the fixing is already taking way too long. We all know that the OMGSRs are worth mid-high mains. Polls will take months if not years to move them all. Picking a point and temporarily placing until we can poll, with a note showing these pets will change will be more efficient. If they're removed new players with these lists won't have a clue where to remotely value their pets and will be ninja'd. I partially agree, remove or move up. There cannot be 6 OMGSRs sitting on the september list.

roses, reasons, gay best friend.
♡ saoirse don phalaistín
♡ complete item collection - 29/12/19
♡ complete pet collection - 09/01/20
emjayy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caelus » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:22 am

FlyteofHeart wrote:I kinda see this as proof of how inaccurate the list is. the malk pps, rats, and bunnies from down the list changing to omgsr when no one had any idea how close they were just makes me doubt the whole thing. I cant wait for the actual rarity list so we can dump this one. We really have no idea the relative rarities if they arent spelled out for us in a big update. What other bunnies are closer to omgsr? what other random september list pets are super under valued?

yall were just trying to move the other omgsrs up and already having problems with users just clicking the lowest one. this extra hurts my confidence in the list as a trade reference.

people saying "nothing changed its just the labels!!" arent getting it. The labels changing means that the actual # of joker buns is closer to the actual # of nons and even moonswirls than it is to the random stuff in its "tier"

Agree. If random sept lists were this much rarer than previously thought, it really doesn't look good for the rest of the list.
Caelus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:30 am

Just like with the skelebunny, lower then big gap pets that went omg so rare need to be more up right away. I dont suggest removing and readding but rather run shorter and faster polls on these pets.

Im glad we now dont have to worry about moving all urs that were below nons because everything above the gap went omg so rare from what i can see.

I want to stress that the list isnt as outdated as some people make it seem now. Yes the omg so rares that are way below need to be moved up, but we always knew the nons and gwjs etc were rarer, which is why they were already at the top of the list.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fιяєfℓу » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:32 am

DaDwarf wrote:Just like with the skelebunny, lower then big gap pets that went omg so rare need to be more up right away. I dont suggest removing and readding but rather run shorter and faster polls on these pets.

Im glad we now dont have to worry about moving all urs that were below nons because everything above the gap went omg so rare from what i can see.

I want to stress that the list isnt as outdated as some people make it seem now. Yes the omg so rares that are way below need to be moved up, but we always knew the nons and gwjs etc were rarer, which is why they were already at the top of the list.

I think new omgsr shouldnt be put as high as old omgsr, because now its easier for pets to become omgsr so they arent as rare as the others.
fιяєfℓу

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:33 am

Well save the day xD this rarity update is GREAT! I love it, we finally got what weve asked for for so many years.

All omg so rares deserve to go above the gap. We already decided on that months ago, so therefor we should focus on doing that, probably start with the rats?
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:37 am

I think the main priority right now should be moving the Septembers that went OMG. Although a lot of other things need to be changed/updated, these pets are way undervalued at the moment so it's more urgent
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:38 am

⚆ _ ⚆ wrote:
DaDwarf wrote:Just like with the skelebunny, lower then big gap pets that went omg so rare need to be more up right away. I dont suggest removing and readding but rather run shorter and faster polls on these pets.

I think new omgsr shouldnt be put as high as old omgsr, because now its easier for pets to become omgsr so they arent as rare as the others.

Where on Earth did you get the idea that it's easier for pets to become OMGSR? No. The ones that became OMGSR were close enough to being so that the update made them so. They didn't just throw the label on them, they also ran a check of active accounts etc. The site even went down at one point from this update. They made things more accurate, not easier to become a certain rarity.
Chloe born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
Beckett due November 30th 2024!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emjayy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:42 am

^ Adding to that. You can't say new omgsrs shouldn't be as high as old ones. They were released as OMGSR. so we have no idea how many there actually are.

roses, reasons, gay best friend.
♡ saoirse don phalaistín
♡ complete item collection - 29/12/19
♡ complete pet collection - 09/01/20
emjayy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Targaryen » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:45 am

DrinaLestrange wrote:
⚆ _ ⚆ wrote:

Where on Earth did you get the idea that it's easier for pets to become OMGSR? No. The ones that became OMGSR were close enough to being so that the update made them so. They didn't just throw the label on them, they also ran a check of active accounts etc. The site even went down at one point from this update. They made things more accurate, not easier to become a certain rarity.

What she means is that the boundary for the OMGSR tier is clearly lower meaning that it is much more likely for certain pets to fluctuate in and out of the VR/OMGSR band. E.g for arguments sake, let's say the old band was 1 pet per 2000 users, meaning that the Drink Mr would be far below the criteria at say... 1 Drink Me for every 1000 users. Now, let's say the band was reduced to 1/1250, the Drink me is just below the band and is much more likely to stay or achieve OMGSR than before. No, the pets havent gotten rarer but it's much easier for them to achieve the tag because the requirements are lower. It will achieve that tag potentially much sooner than it would have before because of the overhaul.

The assertion is fine and it is clear that all old OMGSRs are rarer than the newer OMGSRs. It's the same basis upon which was used to place the OMGSRs higher on these recent polls.
Targaryen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:47 am

New idea! Edit the title to "READ FIRST POST" or "READ NOTE PG.?" and put up a note to say something like "Due to the recent rarity overhaul, the list is undergoing major alterations and some pets will be being moved in the following weeks, please hang tight!" or something similar? Just to give the people some ease and to let them know that the list is going to be changed and they might want to wait before trading them if they wish.

Sorry if this has already been stated, I've not read the other posts yet.
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me