*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide

Postby Edgeyworthy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:34 pm

Welp, never getting that eat me drink me set now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"I probably shouldn't say that out loud, though. Thank god for inner monologue" I do writing requests~
Pet's name: Bebe
Edgeyworthy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beemo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:37 pm

KisaWolfz wrote:
The fact the Raven did not change, makes me so happy. It goes to show, it was never borderline to become OMG So Rare, like some did claim it to be. Its a VR and stayed a VR.
So now, all the NEW OMG So Rares; that WERE VR... are definitely without argument/question worth more than a raven.

did people actually claim that? i haven't been super active on the forums lately. the raven dog is so common compared to some of the other store pets, just valued more because of how well liked it is. but maybe this update will change that!
beemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Targaryen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:40 pm

Beemo wrote:
KisaWolfz wrote:
The fact the Raven did not change, makes me so happy. It goes to show, it was never borderline to become OMG So Rare, like some did claim it to be. Its a VR and stayed a VR.
So now, all the NEW OMG So Rares; that WERE VR... are definitely without argument/question worth more than a raven.

did people actually claim that? i haven't been super active on the forums lately. the raven dog is so common compared to some of the other store pets, just valued more because of how well liked it is. but maybe this update will change that!

Anyone with a clue about rares list trading wouldn't say that unless they were intentionally trying to manipulate people 😕

With this change I think people have to keep in mind that rarity and demand are not the same thing, pets haven't gotten rarer but have only gotten tags which accomodate that rarity. I don't think it should effect demand trading at all and I wouldn't expect to see great change over the arbitrary values given to "in-demand" pets...
Targaryen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kisawolfz » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:47 pm

Targaryen wrote:
Beemo wrote:
KisaWolfz wrote:

Anyone with a clue about rares list trading wouldn't say that unless they were intentionally trying to manipulate people 😕

With this change I think people have to keep in mind that rarity and demand are not the same thing, pets haven't gotten rarer but have only gotten tags which accomodate that rarity. I don't think it should effect demand trading at all and I wouldn't expect to see great change over the arbitrary values given to "in-demand" pets...

Well, the raven was going for a Non + (extra), sometimes 2 nons even.
While the nons aren't 'popular' it doesn't take the fact that they are worth more. Even more so now because of the update. Now, if the raven goes for just 1 non and no higher, Id see it as normal and accommodate the demand... But anything more is just greed.
Then again, it's just my personal opinion about the overhaul in general.

BUT! Then again, some may now value... a Rainbow Mane more than a Non Dog now!
It's going to be a new world of trading lol!

Just like I don't know how to value my Malk Dragon PPS anymore xD
"Daisey Me Rollin' " ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ
kisawolfz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Senbonzakura » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:05 am

Everything turned omg so rare
Rip getting any of my dreamies.

I'm hoping that it's just the 'month after December 18th' change and after a month or two the rarities will change again and everything will be better c':

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Senbonzakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ꭺlina » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:08 am

Erwin Smith wrote:Everything turned omg so rare

I'm hoping that it's just the 'month after December 18th' change and after a month or two the rarities will change again and everything will be better c':

this update has nothing to do with December 18, it is explained >here<
Considering that now they also updated the rarities to only active pets around, I’m pretty sure they won’t drop in rarity again, not even by the next December 18.

They even stated that some December 18 pets decreased in rarity, which is another proof that the new omgsr are really that rare (:
eldemoreFlight RisingGuide Index
✨🎊✨ You have collected every pet ever released!! ✨🎉✨
✨🎊✨ You have collected every item ever released!! ✨🎉✨
Ꭺlina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:12 am

I'm really thrown in a loop now, I always used to break down the list into sorbets and nons etc, so now the nons are OMGSRs and a lot of lower pets are also now OMGSR.. gosh I'm so lost. I hope we can all band together and update the list asap, even if it's an estimate based on the rarity changes before we 'confirm' it all via community poll.

The malk dragon.. oh gosh. I needed that, and now I think I'm going to take a big step back and wait for everything to settle before completing my dragon collection.
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Senbonzakura » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:13 am

Ꭺlina wrote:
Erwin Smith wrote:Everything turned omg so rare

this update has nothing to do with December 18, it is explained >here<
Considering that now they also updated the rarities to only active pets around, I’m pretty sure they won’t drop in rarity again, not even by the next December 18.

They even stated that some December 18 pets decreased in rarity, which is another proof that the new omgsr are really that rare (:

Eeeeehhhh that's great.
Looks like I'm not gonna be able to trade for and achieve any of my dreamies after all

Fun out of all 600+ of my rare+ rats, none were lists. But half of them jumped up to very rares

Hopefully those will be lists soon-

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Senbonzakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nettle_Magpie » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:22 am

Loads of '09 and' 10 rares have become vr, are they all going to be put on the list? What are we going to start with, moving up the 'new' omgsr pets, keep going with the grapes or adding the new ones to the bottom of the list?
Nettle_Magpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby then » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:41 am

now we have all these omgsr rats to place that are on the September list
@myth- agreed.

(im new to this thread sorry if this is wrong)
meme 👏
────────────▴─
┅s h o o k┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
─▴──gifter──────────
┌───advid lover of pewdiepie────┐
└──trade me items!──────────┘
─animal rights activist, feminist ─────────▴─
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
─▴────────────
review 👏
then

My pets