*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide

Postby Thovatos » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:49 pm

Animall wrote:
EmberzTale wrote:
Are we still going to run the poll for the grapes?

We are trying to determine if we wish to remove lower tiers that don’t seem valid for the poll first. My argument is that if we use the same poll for every pet, all the low demand pets will end up on the Aussie tier, causing clutter and possible re-polling in the future to fix it. I say we remove the hassle by removing lower tiers that obviously don’t work for certain pets.
I understand we can’t assume one pet is more rare because it was omgsr longer, but it’s not an unsafe bet to make either. Especially if we are planning on “re-polling” if all the low demand pets end up on the lowest tier anyways.

I suggested this before, and I think some others agreed with this idea during the UR rat poll, and the foal polls.

The counter argument given to me was that "we aren't just going on rarity, so we are factoring in demand"

But I don't agree with that counter argument. I agree with Animal entirely.
Thovatos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scorps » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:14 am

Thovatos wrote:
Animall wrote:
EmberzTale wrote:
Are we still going to run the poll for the grapes?

We are trying to determine if we wish to remove lower tiers that don’t seem valid for the poll first. My argument is that if we use the same poll for every pet, all the low demand pets will end up on the Aussie tier, causing clutter and possible re-polling in the future to fix it. I say we remove the hassle by removing lower tiers that obviously don’t work for certain pets.
I understand we can’t assume one pet is more rare because it was omgsr longer, but it’s not an unsafe bet to make either. Especially if we are planning on “re-polling” if all the low demand pets end up on the lowest tier anyways.

I suggested this before, and I think some others agreed with this idea during the UR rat poll, and the foal polls.

The counter argument given to me was that "we aren't just going on rarity, so we are factoring in demand"

But I don't agree with that counter argument. I agree with Animal entirely.

i agree with this as well

the fact that the ur foal overwhelmingly got voted to be at the ur aussies tier, despite it clearly being omgsr when the aussie is vr shows a problem to me that users will vote the lowest tier or what theyve seen the pet go for
trade me [x]
scorps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberzTale » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:29 am

The UR Aussie may be very rare but you've got to realize that the other pets on that tier are omgsr so it doesn't make it entirely out of the question.
..Image
╔══════════════════════════════╗
xxxx. I'm Ember! lights off
xxxxxxxxxxxI'm a huge fan of the Vampire
xxx Diaries! I love Katherine Pierce!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe/Her - Scorpio
╚══════════════════════════════╝

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x.emberocsfurry-pawscredit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evils » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:44 am

EmberzTale wrote:
The UR Aussie may be very rare but you've got to realize that the other pets on that tier are omgsr so it doesn't make it entirely out of the question.

Though the issue with putting the foal on the Aussie tier is that that is going by demand and not real rarity worth. I personally believe the rarity list should be by rarity of the pet, not demand. People can trade for whatever demand they'd like, but it would be nice to have a list purely based on rarity itself if possible. It is called the "rares" list after all, not the "demand" list.
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberzTale » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:25 pm

Evils wrote:
EmberzTale wrote:

Though the issue with putting the foal on the Aussie tier is that that is going by demand and not real rarity worth. I personally believe the rarity list should be by rarity of the pet, not demand. People can trade for whatever demand they'd like, but it would be nice to have a list purely based on rarity itself if possible. It is called the "rares" list after all, not the "demand" list.

But how do you know that the foal isn’t equal in rarity to the other omgsr pets on that tier. Sure obviously it’s more rare than the Aussie but what’s to say it’s not as rare as the cinnamon bun?
..Image
╔══════════════════════════════╗
xxxx. I'm Ember! lights off
xxxxxxxxxxxI'm a huge fan of the Vampire
xxx Diaries! I love Katherine Pierce!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe/Her - Scorpio
╚══════════════════════════════╝

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x.emberocsfurry-pawscredit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sinpai » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:26 pm

I don't understand why it's an issue it the bottom tier of the options is chosen, it's an option for a reason knowing that it may be chosen for the placement. If it's going to be that much of an issue why make it an option?

The community decided they didn't want the list to be pure rarity so demand is taken into account just a bit less than back when it was originally made.

╔═════════════════════╗
any pronouns ☆ UTC-4 ★ otter hoarder
full time medical assistant that enjoys
anime and gaming (PC, xbox, switch)
i have two dogs that i raise with my bf
named ghost and odin, both husky mixes.
have a lovely day. trade me your otters
frtrade threadcs for frg
╚═════════════════════╝

sinpai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:58 pm

Actually it wasn’t that the community decided that they didn’t want a rarity only list. The poll we had they decided they wanted demand included less or not at all. It just isn’t reasonable yet in this list to do that.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thovatos » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:16 pm

I understand the argument here, I just don't feel it is right for omgsr pets to be on the same tier as a VR list. I don't mind demand at all, but I still think it is unfair to the pet, regardless if demand decided this, simply because it's tag demands it to be worth more. I will say this for any OMGSr, though. Anyway, regardless of this, I am just happy it is "above gap".
Thovatos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:04 am

I feel like this thread is currently just going around in circles. What can be looked at next?
I'm happy to announce that I am the mommy of a little girl named Chloe! Born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:12 am

DrinaLestrange wrote:I feel like this thread is currently just going around in circles. What can be looked at next?

We actually arent, in my opinion. We are looking at the grapes, then bengal. We are trying to decide if we wish to remove lower, less likely tier options for the poll in accordance to each pets rarity, to help avoid low demand pets being put at the lowest tier each time. It also avoids the inevitable clutter on the aussie tier. People suggested we re-poll pets if they all end up on the aussie tier, but that suggests we dont trust the decisions the community made, and also makes us go around in circles when we could focus on better things (like placing the fox, peas, etc).

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery