*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

xx

Postby skyline » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:38 pm

myth + destiny wrote:When will the rarities be refreshed, do we know?

bringing this question back into the light, i'm personally rather curious as well.
      does anyone possibly know, or have some sort of calculated estimate?
nicky - she - exhausted lesbian goth
IX.VI.MMXXII / IX.XI & XII MMXXIII
code shopx bbcode help
skyline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: "The" Rares List Guide *UR FOAL POLL* VOTE!!

Postby ElementalInsanity » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:39 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:I’m imagining after the UR Phoenix has grown which will not happen until the middle of February.
I can’t remember if nick usually waits for it to grow but I imagine so?

@skyline I answered that right under myth’s question.

We don’t know for sure, though.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

xx

Postby skyline » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:46 pm

@elemental
      my apologies, i suppose i skimmed through it too fast

it's strange we have to wait that long though, considering i believe last year the rarity refresh happened i believe mid/late january
nicky - she - exhausted lesbian goth
IX.VI.MMXXII / IX.XI & XII MMXXIII
code shopx bbcode help
skyline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: "The" Rares List Guide

Postby ElementalInsanity » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:51 pm

You’re fine! Just was quoting it.

I can’t remember when we did last year myself. I just am speculating that the wait is because of the Phoenix because it takes 55 days to grow.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Banana. » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:15 am

What does rarities being refreshed mean?
Is that when pets go up or down in rarity??
Hello, I am
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banana.

Trading Thread
UFA
Banana.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:20 am

Banana. wrote:What does rarities being refreshed mean?
Is that when pets go up or down in rarity??

It is when all the Dec. 18th pets are officially counted/added to the pet pool
More or less rarity is calculated by number of pets vs. active accounts. While most of the time there isn't a huge effect of rarity, with pets on the edge of being OMGSR/VR it would be wise to wait and see if the 'haul' effected the rarity or not.
Mentioned above, this way wait until every Dec 18th pet is fully grown which is at least 55 days later for the phoenix
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:23 am

Moved up the UR foal from purple toxic tier to UR aussie tier as decided by the poll. Also moved on pictured list.

I would suggest putting in the exact same poll for the UR grapes. We don't need to wait for the rarities to happen, we can just run another poll and if the rarity update for the bengal has happened then we can discuss it :)

I couldn't find any other rarity changed for the UR grapes, it went omg in aug 2011 and hasn't changed since then i think. it didn't drop down in the overhaul

went ahead and updated this info below so its ready to use!

Some information

Why do all these pets need to be moved?

When looking at rarity alone, we can safely say that all omg so rare pets are rarer then any non omg so rare pet. In an effort to correct the list and make it useable again, we decided to start moving the current omg so rare pets, mostly the UR's, higher upon the list. We cannot truly decide which pet is rarer, but it seems obvious that the purple tag is rarer then the red tag. Demand, circulation, supply and availability are taken into account as well. But first and foremost, the rarity tag puts them at the top. We use the poll to decide on the other factors.

Why are there no trades shown?

Trades right now only show what these pets are going for, rather then what they should be going for. When looking at trades alone, that's mostly demand. By rarity, these pets are rarer and that is why they are currently being moved up without the use of biased trades.

The overhaul, what does that mean?

The overhaul refers to back in 2012 when the rarity system got an update and all pets were corrected. Pets not in circulation: Dead accounts (people who no longer log in) no longer counted towards the rarities of pets so most pets went 'down' in rarity, More available per active user. Rarities used before the 2012 overhaul no longer have an impact on these pets, although it is sometimes interesting to see what exactly went which rarity when, for now all we can do is focus on what happened after the 2012 overhaul.

Help?! I don't know what to vote/Dont like these options

I dont know what to vote: To make it a bit easier for everybody, check below to see which pet went omg so rare when. It's hard deciding where these pets belong, for all of us. But with good community input we can hopefully get close to their worth!

I don't like these options: We understand that its a bit of a change, but rarity wise these pets are really that rare. Some might be at the bottom end of the omg so rare scope, but that still makes them rarer then a very rare pet.

I voted don't know because other reasons: Please do share your reasons! Via PM, You can always contact any member on this thread privately if you don't dare to post on the thread. We encourage everybody to participate in discussion, as long as they are kept civil!

current omg so rare
current Very Rare

Pet Up for placement right now:

UR Grapes
Release December 18th 2010
OMG so rare! Since rarity overhaul
No noted change since

Poll Options:

Option 3 wrote:UR B-Wolf Released 2008 [omg so rare after overhaul]

Option 4 wrote:Plains Zebra & Grevy's Zebra [omg so rare after overhaul]

Option 6 wrote:UR Cat released 2008 [omg so rare after overhaul]

Option 7 wrote:UR Banana released 2008 [omg so rare after overhaul]
UR Cucumber released 2011 [omg so rare after overhaul] [VR February 2015]

Option 9 wrote:UR Aussie released 2012, [omg so rare on release] [VR July 2014]
UR Phoenix Released 2013 , this pet took a long long time to grow, [omg so rare April 2014]
UR Foal Release 2015 omg so rare January 2016

Option 10 wrote:I just want to vote !
Please note when selecting this option, your vote isn't going to be counted. We would love to know why you vote this option, so feel free to post on the thread! Whether you don't know, don't care, or don't want the pets to move, we'd love to know the reason behind this vote.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:31 am

I’m getting worried that the Aussie tier will get a bit... flooded with new pets? Have we considered removing less likely tiers from the polls (if it went omgsr in 2011 it’s not an unsafe bet to assume it’s worth at least a tad more than the pets on some of the lower tier options where they went omgsr 3/4 years after the grapes.)

I feel if we keep using the same exact poll, all the low demand pets will be on the same tier? That doesn’t make sense in terms of our goal to focus on rarity. And it would help space out the list a little bit more.

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ꭺlina » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:37 am

Animall wrote:I’m getting worried that the Aussie tier will get a bit... flooded with new pets? Have we considered removing less likely tiers from the polls (if it went omgsr in 2011 it’s not an unsafe bet to assume it’s worth at least a tad more than the pets on some of the lower tier options where they went omgsr 3/4 years after the grapes.)

I feel if we keep using the same exact poll, all the low demand pets will be on the same tier? That doesn’t make sense in terms of our goal to focus on rarity. And it would help space out the list a little bit more.

I agree with this, I worry that it will probably end up with one extremely large tier that consist of tons of URs :|
eldemoreFlight RisingGuide Index
✨🎊✨ You have collected every pet ever released!! ✨🎉✨
✨🎊✨ You have collected every item ever released!! ✨🎉✨
Ꭺlina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me