*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide *UR FOAL POLL* VOTE!!

Postby bookshelf » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:26 am

hey what's up.
i voted "i don't know" because i think it's really difficult to compare a newer ur to old ones, especially those that have been omg so rare since the overhaul. most of these pets were omgsr before the foal was released, and a couple of them also went through a few very rare phases in there. the foal's only been out a couple of years and i think it's just really soon to say that it's worth, say, a tiger dog. i mean it could be, but what if it gets placed there and next year it goes down to vr? idk i just think it's hard to place with old urs that have been completely omgsr for years, and i think a bunch of the options are pretty high and i'm just not too sure about the lower ones. just some of my thoughts, i'm not too good at list stuff honestly haha

-----------------------------

adult, college student, she/her

-----------------------------

bookshelf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scorps » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:47 am

andreas⠀ wrote:@emerald eclipse

i suppose thats fair, but in all honesty i would rather the phoenix and foal be higher than the aussie just for the fact that they've both been omgsr since release, but thats a discussion for another time.

this is how i feel too

since it is newer this means theres only been a few chances for it to be re released and could potentially be more rare than other omgsr. obviously it could also be less rare than some but what we do know is that omgsr is more rare than very rares like the aussie.

i guess people will continue to vote aussie based on trade experience theyve had (which could be biased)
trade me [x]
scorps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ꭺlina » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:34 am

I am probably very alone with this opinion, but I think that the ur Aussie and ur lion are placed too high on the list. The Aussie hasn’t been omgsr since years, same for the lion. Both usually trade just for non tier and neither of them have any special demand which would explain why they are valued the same as pets that always have been omgsr. On the other side, the ur malk is placed at non tier even thought it always had good demand and I don’t remember it going down in rarity the last years (or at all?)
So it just doesn’t make sense to me that the Aussie and lion are higher than it.
I also think the ur Holly needs to be put higher on the list, as for same reasons above - easily fetches non tier and was always omgsr since it’s release, if I’m not mistaken.
I also think that the Coontail is misplaced, it went down in rarity twice while the July pps never went down in rarity after the overhaul, same for the other pets at that tier - they are all omgsr, the coontail wasn’t since nearly 2 years now.

I know there are changes that can’t be made or at least not all at once and that there are already issues being solved that take a lot of time each, but I just felt about telling this.
Maybe it would also be easier to make a separate list for UR‘s one day, it is very hard to compare their worth to the original rereleases/normal releases.

I think the only thing that can clarify lots of list placement will be the rarity only list, I am very exited for it to get done.

As for the current poll, I voted ur Aussie tier - I would value the foal higher than the Aussie itself (because of the reasons stated above) but the two non tier just seems to high to me, especially since this list is also factoring in demand and from what I know/have seen, the ur foal struggled in the past to even trade for one non.
eldemoreFlight RisingGuide Index
✨🎊✨ You have collected every pet ever released!! ✨🎉✨
✨🎊✨ You have collected every item ever released!! ✨🎉✨
Ꭺlina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:36 am

I personally recall more Foal's being UFA than Peaches for a long time. For every 3-4 foals there was a peach so I would consider it more common at it's release than it's partner. I would have voted for the UR Lion tier but that was booted off, so the Aussie becomes the next common spot

I like the foal personally, I think it looks great and am a little bitter I missed the chance to trade for one but that's that. I don't see it swapping with the zonkey or cinnabun easily due to it's species 'bad demand' tag even tho I find it quite likable

Fine. I'll just stick with it being more common than the peach then. I don't see it as a hard pet to find, it's fairly easy to trade for and therefor I don't see it as being particularly rare. I see it more often than I do the Dogtag or UR Cat so I don't think it needs to be valued that high

@lina: Hopefully with time some pets will be moved around. I think the Aussie and Lion should at least share a tier just above the nons myself but those changes will have to wait a little while. I get where you're coming from tho, some pets are a little high for having not been OMGSR in at least 3-4 years ^^"
Last edited by Takk on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scorps » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:43 am

@above 2 posts

im kind of confused because i thought we were in agreement to vote based on the rarity and the rarity changes?
but you both bring up demand

i dont think its a huge issue that the ur aussie tier is winning since at least its higher than where omgsr have been placed in the past, but i hope that people are actually reading dadwarfs post which listed the rarity changes and not going off of what they see right by the polls (the non amount in parentheses)
trade me [x]
scorps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby icyspicy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:47 am

ok, so this isn't related to the ur foal, but just a question which i have. so, in the future, are store pets gonna be higher up on the list? it is a little surprising to me that store pets are not really up on the september and main list yet, as they have to be some of the most limited pets on the site. i would imagine that '09 and '10 store pets would be pretty hard to come across now, so in the next, 5 years or so, wouldn't the number of store pets in the flow of trade be decreased greatly as they are not re-released? idk- just a thought.

caroline.
she/her
inactive
feel free to still trade me, i get email updates

if its nothing too rare, ill give it to you for free, probably.
icyspicy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndoom » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:51 am

icyspicy wrote:ok, so this isn't related to the ur foal, but just a question which i have. so, in the future, are store pets gonna be higher up on the list? it is a little surprising to me that store pets are not really up on the september and main list yet, as they have to be some of the most limited pets on the site. i would imagine that '09 and '10 store pets would be pretty hard to come across now, so in the next, 5 years or so, wouldn't the number of store pets in the flow of trade be decreased greatly as they are not re-released? idk- just a thought.

i do believe the rarity list will not include store pets for that very reason, since they are supposed to be "semi-customs" that are never released again, which shouldnt be valued the same as regular pets. as for this current list, a lot of store pets arent really all that rare. i think the entire store pet craze (including ravens for nons and all of that) started when the skelebun turned omgsr, but i wasn't here for that so honestly someone else is gonna have to confirm/deny this hypothesis xD. however i do distinctly remember skelebuns being virtually unwanted, easily swapping them for advents, before the rarity change.

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:54 am

icyspicy wrote:ok, so this isn't related to the ur foal, but just a question which i have. so, in the future, are store pets gonna be higher up on the list? it is a little surprising to me that store pets are not really up on the september and main list yet, as they have to be some of the most limited pets on the site. i would imagine that '09 and '10 store pets would be pretty hard to come across now, so in the next, 5 years or so, wouldn't the number of store pets in the flow of trade be decreased greatly as they are not re-released? idk- just a thought.

The older stores probably won't be moved up until they hit OMGSR because no one wants to make 'demand worse' or misplace them, and we have no idea of their true value and numbers. I wouldn't rely on the list for store pet values, just keep an eye on community demand values. Maybe one day we'll actually move the other stores.

@lancelotl The raven has always had super high demand, but the skelebun did increase the demand value of all the other store pets from 2009 and 2010 when it changed. Before then store pets weren't very high on people's agendas.
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Targaryen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:05 am

I get the idea behind voting based on where the lowest/close to where the lowest OMGSR is because we can't tell how rare a pet is in comparison to other URs, especially those that haven't shifted in rarity - and let's be real, every rerelease will skew those sort of statistics anyway. We're just playing a guessing game, after all.

Since the Rares List wants to go based off of rarity more than demand, as much as I disagree I can respect that, so I voted for Dog-tag as it was the highest tier for any VR on the list [Mountain Zebra] and it wouldn't make sense to put an OMGSR lower than a VR since we're speaking strictly based on rarity. The Zebra also turned VR after the Foal's release which would reaffirm for me that it is in fact at least a tiny bit more common than the foal. Although, obviously the Mountain Zebra isn't as rare as the 08 UR Cat, Banana, July PPS, etc so it's weird that it'd be placed above it on the list and we can never know if the Dog-tag and UR Foal are comparable in rarity unless either fluctuates between VR and OMGSR. That leads me to think that we should have 'fixed' the positioning of the upper list before trying to use it as a guideline for placing pets by rarity.

edit:
id wonder to see why people voted for tiers such as the Sunjewel or just other tiers in general. I quite like the idea of posting/discussing why you chose what option and I think it could be beneficial to placing pets as you can change your vote should your mind be changed-
Targaryen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:08 am

myth + destiny wrote:

The older stores probably won't be moved up until they hit OMGSR because no one wants to make 'demand worse' or misplace them, and we have no idea of their true value and numbers. I wouldn't rely on the list for store pet values, just keep an eye on community demand values. Maybe one day we'll actually move the other stores.

@lancelotl The raven has always had super high demand, but the skelebun did increase the demand value of all the other store pets from 2009 and 2010 when it changed. Before then store pets weren't very high on people's agendas.

The skelebun was an eyeopener when it became omg so rare. Imo the 2010 store pets should be higher than they are, but store pets often go for more already so i am not too bothered
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me