*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide UPDATES 12/23/18

Postby Lufi » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:39 am

Can we add into the future discussion also this three pets?

ImageImage

Rat went up from rare to Very rare in June 2010
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=128090&start=180#p5032232

And both nick pets went up from rare to Very rare in April 2010!
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=128090&hilit=nick&start=70#p4059824
Much early before most of advent/september and some main list pets.

I tried to find any other informations, but I not found anything, that would ever go down in the rarity again.
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:27 am

Some information

Why do all these pets need to be moved?

When looking at rarity alone, we can safely say that all omg so rare pets are rarer then any non omg so rare pet. In an effort to correct the list and make it useable again, we decided to start moving the current omg so rare pets, mostly the UR's, higher upon the list. We cannot truly decide which pet is rarer, but it seems obvious that the purple tag is rarer then the red tag. Demand, circulation, supply and availability are taken into account as well. But first and foremost, the rarity tag puts them at the top. We use the poll to decide on the other factors.

Why are there no trades shown?

Trades right now only show what these pets are going for, rather then what they should be going for. When looking at trades alone, that's mostly demand. By rarity, these pets are rarer and that is why they are currently being moved up without the use of biased trades.

The overhaul, what does that mean?

The overhaul refers to back in 2012 when the rarity system got an update and all pets were corrected. Pets not in circulation: Dead accounts (people who no longer log in) no longer counted towards the rarities of pets so most pets went 'down' in rarity, More available per active user. Rarities used before the 2012 overhaul no longer have an impact on these pets, although it is sometimes interesting to see what exactly went which rarity when, for now all we can do is focus on what happened after the 2012 overhaul.

Help?! I don't know what to vote/Dont like these options

I dont know what to vote: To make it a bit easier for everybody, check below to see which pet went omg so rare when. It's hard deciding where these pets belong, for all of us. But with good community input we can hopefully get close to their worth!

I don't like these options: We understand that its a bit of a change, but rarity wise these pets are really that rare. Some might be at the bottom end of the omg so rare scope, but that still makes them rarer then a very rare pet.

I voted don't know because other reasons: Please do share your reasons! Via PM, You can always contact any member on this thread privately if you don't dare to post on the thread. We encourage everybody to participate in discussion, as long as they are kept civil!

current omg so rare
current Very Rare

Pet Up for placement right now:

UR Foal
Release December 18th 2015
omg so rare January 2016
No noted change since

Poll Options:

Option 3 wrote:UR B-Wolf Released 2008 [omg so rare after overhaul]

Option 4 wrote:Plains Zebra & Grevy's Zebra [omg so rare after overhaul]

Option 6 wrote:UR Cat released 2008 [omg so rare after overhaul]

Option 7 wrote:UR Banana released 2008 [omg so rare after overhaul]
UR Cucumber released 2011 [omg so rare after overhaul] [VR February 2015]

Option 9 wrote:UR Aussie released 2012, [omg so rare on release] [VR July 2014]
UR Phoenix Released 2013 , this pet took a long long time to grow, [omg so rare April 2014]

Option 10 wrote:I just want to vote !
Please note when selecting this option, your vote isn't going to be counted. We would love to know why you vote this option, so feel free to post on the thread! Whether you don't know, don't care, or don't want the pets to move, we'd love to know the reason behind this vote.

Editing onwards of your post mozzy, how's this for layout? we can just resuse this each time we move a pet, simple adding the pets name to the option it was added to. i Added some little blurbls at the top, hopefully that contains everything it needs to?
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ironic Equation » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:48 am

Wait so... if the moonswirl has gone down to very rare after the overhaul, then back up, does that mean the moonswirl may actually be less rare than pets that have never gone down e.g. UR bwolf, dogtag, UR cat? Or can we not assume that?
Send me TRADES!
PM me if you would like your pet identified or any advice on trade fairness/pet worth (:
My store pet collection was completed on the 16th of November 2019.
ImageImage
Ironic Equation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:58 am

Emerald Eclipse~ wrote:Wait so... if the moonswirl has gone down to very rare after the overhaul, then back up, does that mean the moonswirl may actually be less rare than pets that have never gone down e.g. UR bwolf, dogtag, UR cat? Or can we not assume that?

Well, its not that easy. They might be more rare but theres no saying in how much. Like, they couldve been just 1 pet away from dropping down like the moonswirl, and that works the opposite way too.

In theory, yes those specific pets seem to be rarer, even if the difference is just a pet or 2 :)
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ironic Equation » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:02 am

DaDwarf wrote:
Emerald Eclipse~ wrote:Wait so... if the moonswirl has gone down to very rare after the overhaul, then back up, does that mean the moonswirl may actually be less rare than pets that have never gone down e.g. UR bwolf, dogtag, UR cat? Or can we not assume that?

Well, its not that easy. They might be more rare but theres no saying in how much. Like, they couldve been just 1 pet away from dropping down like the moonswirl, and that works the opposite way too.

In theory, yes those specific pets seem to be rarer, even if the difference is just a pet or 2 :)

Yeah that totally makes sense. So its possible that the moonswirl is actually much less rare, or that they're all near the threshold and it is just a couple of pets less rare, causing it to drop in rarity while the others stayed OMG so rare. And rarity from the 18th re-releases may have caused those numbers to change slightly too, so it may now be rarer.
Send me TRADES!
PM me if you would like your pet identified or any advice on trade fairness/pet worth (:
My store pet collection was completed on the 16th of November 2019.
ImageImage
Ironic Equation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:37 am

idk if the archive thread is outdated but it said the UR Bwolf went OMGSR in '10 before most of the other pets. Not counting the last few years of UR pets, technically it could be the 'most rare' pet beside the remaining OMGSR Zebras. We can't prove anything really, I've said before any consistent OMGSR pet could be the rarest pet on the site but we'll never know
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:40 am

Can I ask exactly what the “overhaul” is? Whatever it is, I think I was on hiatus when this occurred. Seems interesting ^^

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:58 am

Animall wrote:Can I ask exactly what the “overhaul” is? Whatever it is, I think I was on hiatus when this occurred. Seems interesting ^^

I'm pretty sure it's referencing this? o: the thread explains it a whole lot better than I ever could!
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:57 am

geometry wrote:
Animall wrote:Can I ask exactly what the “overhaul” is? Whatever it is, I think I was on hiatus when this occurred. Seems interesting ^^

I'm pretty sure it's referencing this? o: the thread explains it a whole lot better than I ever could!

Yeah it is when the rarity system was revamped.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:04 am

So with the info written up by Mozzy and DD, and all the poll choices are we all agreeing that’s ready to go for the foal poll? I can put it up later today if so!
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups