*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide UPDATES 12/23/18

Postby Shinryu » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:04 am

Targaryen wrote:@zel
i mean you're working on the basis that people are looking for changes in the list even if they are going down to the names/pictures. people might not notice a change/addition to the list unless it's literally shoved in their face.
id be very pro a tag like 'new' in red but Id imagine that might make the coding just that bit more annoying.

I'm mostly going off the assumption that if someone scrolls through the list (pictures or words) and misses a pet that is in the trade they want info for, then... there's little that can be done, is all. Whether that pet is old or newly added doesn't really make a difference as far as I can see.
    People mostly come here to see whether a pet is on the list, and where it is. If they don't check actively for changes I'd just assume it matters even less whether the pet is alphabetically ordered or last in line. They either notice it's there or they don't.
    And if they don't check the list at all because they don't think anything could have changed, then we can't exactly fix that anyway.

I do think a tag of sorts after updates would be helpful if it's not too much of a hassle. Though I also like to think that a hassle can be worth it, considering how many people use this list it should be worth any effort the coding takes.

---

That aside, personally I do think polls are important. I think the whole argument about whether or not people feel this thread is welcoming isn't even necessarily a factor here - it's just that voting in a poll is faster than posting, as well as anonymous.
    That's a big appeal. The thread could have the friendliest atmosphere in the world and lots of people would still rather just click two times and be done^^Polls will always get a bigger sample size.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:06 am

Personslly, I think a poll for that two proposed changes is unnecessary, however I see why they would be beneficial, even if it’s just to save face. I definitely think we should do the ur foal poll first though, then can work on making up the small polls for the two possible changes while its running.
    I don’t think they would need to be long, even a few days would probably be ok for changes like those. It doesn’t seem to me like they’re changing a lot about the list itself, just it’s organization. If the poll is shorter and fewer people are polled, I think it would still be sufficient do get enough of a community voice for the changes.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndoom » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:17 am

i say we handle the ur foal placement first since it's pretty mandatory and long time coming at this point, and immediately after do a short, few days poll about the gap. otherwise we keep running in circles with not doing anything anyway. why not put a poll up while the next discussion goes on? i can see no harm done.

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:23 am

^ I agree. Let’s focus on the important stuff first and then we can poll the gap thing if we please, although I’m entirely against it.

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scorps » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:23 am

lancelotl wrote:
i say we handle the ur foal placement first since it's pretty mandatory and long time coming at this point, and immediately after do a short, few days poll about the gap. otherwise we keep running in circles with not doing anything anyway. why not put a poll up while the next discussion goes on? i can see no harm done.

i agree with this if thats what we have to do to keep updates moving
trade me [x]
scorps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:25 am

Animall wrote:^ I agree. Let’s focus on the important stuff first and then we can poll the gap thing if we please, although I’m entirely against it.

Agreed.

I think rascals set poll everyone was agreeing with?

It’s just down to deciding if we do Ur Aussie to sunjewel or what for our set OMGSR polls.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fire-of-Shadows » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:30 am

lil rascal wrote:-Fire snip-
As we already know according to rarity changes the OMGSRs were placed on the list according to demand at the time not rarity really anywhere they end up in this range is fine according to how the top of the list is currently (unless there's plans to reorganise all the OMGSRs at the top of the list according to rarity changes rather than demand?) So a standard poll for OMGSRs could look like this:

~ Sunjewel/UR Tiger Dog
~ Moonswirl
~ UR B-Wolf
~ Plains Zebra
~ Mountain Zebra/Dogtag
~ UR Cat
~ UR Banana/UR Cucumber
~ July PPS/Coontail
~ UR Aussie/UR Phoenix
~ I don't know/just wanted to vote/whatever wording you want for this

Hope that makes sense, I feel like I rambled a bit...it's been a long day

I support this as well. At the least, we can discuss all of our other concerns while still getting placement polls up and moving pets. All we'd need to do is agree on the wording of the "IDK" option.

Thovatos wrote:-Fire snip-
Though I really think we should have that last option be "I don't know", instead of, "I don't know, but I wanted to vote". I want to be as clean cut as possible with this, so that we don't have a chance of misinterpreting it, or thinking maybe using this option for a different reason.

If I remember right, this was the most recent post on rewording the "IDK" option. I don't agree with just changing it to "I don't know," but that's just me.

Edit: Spelling and phrasing mistakes.
Last edited by Fire-of-Shadows on Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire-of-Shadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scorps » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:34 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:
Animall wrote:^ I agree. Let’s focus on the important stuff first and then we can poll the gap thing if we please, although I’m entirely against it.

Agreed.

It’s just down to deciding if we do Ur Aussie to sunjewel or what for our set OMGSR polls.

i think UR aussie to sunjewel is fine for the options
trade me [x]
scorps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:42 am

scorps wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:

Agreed.

i think UR aussie to sunjewel is fine for the options

I agree. I think the higher end of tiers makes more sense for the pets we’re currently discussing.
    They’re ur and omg so rare, so they deserve to be up higher.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sinpai » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:44 am

quick question; does this mean we will have to redo the malk and the unicorn? Just curious if they will be back into this OMGSR segment we are doing

╔═════════════════════╗
any pronouns ☆ UTC-4 ★ otter hoarder
full time medical assistant that enjoys
anime and gaming (PC, xbox, switch)
i have two dogs that i raise with my bf
named ghost and odin, both husky mixes.
have a lovely day. trade me your otters
frtrade threadcs for frg
╚═════════════════════╝

sinpai

My pets
My items