Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby Mayhem » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:13 pm

I've had my first begging PM about the whites and my first bad trade for a white.. One of these rats Image with the message "May add another rare if needed...' !

Insult added to injury, I already have that rat, possibly in triplicate! Am amused.

Mayhem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verd » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:54 pm

This made me want to punch somebody. "Hey Capri, Come here!"
Attachments
..........Bad trade #I lost count.jpg
..........Bad trade #I lost count.jpg (252.98 KiB) Viewed 138 times

ImageImageImage
verd / vox / tobi
gay man - adult - autistic
trades always open

currently reading/playing:
house of leaves and mass effect
Verd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby butcherbaby » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:22 pm

2 days ago:
their side- this months purple butterfly and a staff pet Message- Hi
my side- over 25 malk pets dating back to january including some hard to find uncommons and a rare march rat.
my response- picking 50+ of their best pets -which weren't great, but at least if they accepted i'd be up 25+ pets :lol:
sent same message- Hi

they canceled, of course.

today, in response to my ISO post:
their side- blue nick b-day dragon (uncommon and still available)
my side- halloween bat dog (rare, and unavailable)

edited, said i'd trade any 09 non-rare instead...they canceled.

did have one bad trade end up ok today, so i won't mention the particulars, but the original was a whopping wth? only reason i didn't cancel outright was because they were an experienced player with a good collection of pets and i figured they would be ok with a reasonable trade, and they were.

it's not worth detailing all the "please look through my trades" for rare or 08 pets from new players with nothing comparable. most of them are polite and earnest, so not rant-worthy, but it's still frustrating. i hate the idea of locking my rare & special trades groups to PM only (i don't want legit traders to be put off by it) but i'm almost at that point right now.
STILL Looking For My Dreamy: April 09 Joker Bunny
ImageImage Image Image Image ImageImage
AWESOME Button-Eyed Dog Avatar by Wendigo!
butcherbaby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scoobs » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:36 pm

Image <--- This got cut off in the what they wanted.

I was soooo MAD!

The nerve of some people >.>
Last edited by Scoobs on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scoobs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IORG101 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:54 pm

Scoobs wrote: Here's a link to the trade!

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=642671

Just a heads up, only the people involved in the trade can use that link. If you want to show it to everyone else, you'll have to take a screencap and upload it somewhere.
IORG101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scoobs » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:56 pm

IORG101 wrote:
Scoobs wrote: Here's a link to the trade!

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=642671

Just a heads up, only the people involved in the trade can use that link. If you want to show it to everyone else, you'll have to take a screencap and upload it somewhere.

Oh... Hold on xDD
Scoobs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:03 pm

Atwood wrote:Yay, I just got a whopper! ^^ I don't like messing around with screenshots and such, so here's a list instead with the group each dog was from:

My side:

Blue October Moon (from "In ***AUCTION*** - no trades!")
Blue Snowflake Advent (from "In ***AUCTION*** - no trades!")
Jan. White-fronted Rainbow Dog (from "Collection Pets")
Jan. Dark Rain-spotted Dog (from "Collection Pets")
Jan. Green Patchy Field Dog (from "Collection Pets")
Dark Brown Valentine 2nd Gen (from "Collection Pets")
Feb. Grey Husky (from "Collection Pets")
Feb. Orange-spotted Wolf (from "Collection Pets")
Feb. Black Husky (from "Collection Pets")
Feb. White Wolf (from "Collection Pets")
Light Spotted Valentine 2nd Gen (from "Collection Pets")
Mar. Green Fireworks Dog (from "Collection Pets")
Mar. Light-faced Aztec (from "Collection Pets")
Mar. Blue-faced Aztec (from "Trades"! Hallelujah, they finally found it!)
Another Mar. Green Fireworks Dog (from "Trades")
Mar. Red Fireworks Dog (back to "Collection Pets" - Hmm, I think they took a wrong fork a few miles back there)
Apr. Black-ticked Cattle Dog (from "Collection Pets")
Apr. Banana Dog (from "Trades" - a glimmer of light, perhaps?)
May Blue Urban (from "Collection Pets" - nope, apparently not)
May Blue Shima (from "Collection Pets")
May Green Urban (from "Collection Pets")
June Tan-eared Wood Dog (from "Trades")
Aug. Common Moonflight Wolf (from "Trades" - they're on a winning streak now!)
Aug. Yellow Warpaint Wolf (from "Collection Pets" - oh, and they were so close to getting three in a row right)
Aug. Deep Sea Morality (from "Collection Pets")
Sept. Green Retro (from "Trades", but I'm not getting my hopes up...)
Sept. Light Malachite Wolf (from "Collection Pets". Yeah, good thing.)
Sept. Yellow Sortic (from "Collection Pets")
Sept. Common Malachite Wolf (from "Collection Pets")
Oct. Light Glowing Yin Yang (from "Trades")
Oct. Pink Sparkle (from "Collection Pets". Back and forth - it's like watching a tennis match!)
Oct. Black Glowing Yin Yang (from "Collection Pets" and the Pound, too)
Nov. Compumon Multi-Staff (from "Trades")
Nov. Flop-eared O:range (from "Trades")
Nov. Black Multistaff (from "Trades" - three in a row; looking good...)
Nov. Dark Ferret (from "Trades" - I think she's starting to get it...)
Nov. Grey Gears 2nd Gen (from "Trades" - I think she's got it! By George, she's got it!)

Their side:

Nothing

33 pets in all, most of them Uncommon and the majority not in my trade groups. Message:
33 pets is what i have selected unless i miscounted. Anything you want in my animal you go right on ahead and take. just ask and i will be more then happy to give them to you. its very hard to trade because i dont no what you like so here you just clik on me and choose what animals you want. i no some are in you off trade groups but remember any animal you want of mine and i will be keeping an eye open for you, for any animals that you want or that you are looking for.

As you can probably guess, they have nothing of any real value - a Zoo PPS is the best pet they have. They also already have several of the common pets they were asking for, and their pets from this month mostly haven't grown out of newborns yet. I might edit it down to one or two commons, but they really don't even have any common pets I'm interested in, so I might just cancel with some trading advice for the future. This is the first massive trade request I've received, so it's rather exciting. XD

It turned out I had miscounted and there were 37 pets they wanted (thanks to Nick's wonderful new trade-balance notes for showing that! ^^). I just got around to canceling this one, and I wrote them the longest cancellation message I've ever done. o.O Hopefully it will do the trick and help them make better trades in the future - if not, well, no one can say I didn't try. :lol:

Actually there are 37 pets, only 12 of which are up for trade at all and 2 of which are from my group marked 'no trades'. My trade rules also say that I don't like open-ended trades - if you want me to consider your trade, you need to take the time to actually make a good offer. Most CS traders dislike open trades, so if you don't offer anything your trades will probably get cancelled. There are threads in the forum such as the "Is This a Fair Trade?" thread that can help with finding out what is a fair offer for pets you're interested in. Also, as a general rule, unless you have a really good offer, don't ask for pets that aren't in a trade group, especially if the person has trade groups specifically marked out. Never ask for pets that are in a group labelled 'not for trade'.

You don't really have any valuable pets at this point - a good rule is to only try to trade for pets that are 3 months older than the ones you have until you've built up your trade pets. Several of the pets you were asking for are ones you already have or could still get - always adopt the maximum number of pets from each litter every month, and wait until you know which ones you're missing before trading for more.

Finally, avoid asking for a massive number of pets in one trade - try to have a maximum of four or five. 37 is way over the top and almost guarantees cancellation, regardless of what you're offering or asking for unless it's something ridiculously common.

Sorry about writing a whole book here, but I know how confusing trading here can be at first, since everything has different rarities, ages and values. It takes time to learn how much things are worth and how to set up a good trade. A lot of traders have trade rules that show up when you try to start a trade - always read these thoroughly and follow them exactly to maximize your chances of the trade being accepted. ;)

Good luck in your future trading! ^^
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Svaler » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:09 pm

I love how you handle bad trades, Atwood.

Trading ALL items for pets.
Seriously. If I have an item, send a trade for it.
Svaler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starbit » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:40 pm

@atwood: At least someone can be nice to the n00bs. xD

" [...] they make highly faithful pets."
—Dumbledore

Phoenixes that have been domesticated are extremely loyal to their owners, and would depart to find their own paths if their owners die, rather than finding a new master.
starbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qhost » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Someone sent me a trade earlier, asking for my blue sorbet and offering nothing in return. They asked me to edit, and I cancelled saying that had to read my rules. So they sent the trade back with the keywords, which are Popcorn is Awesome. Their excuse for not including them the first time?

I didn't know how to spell awesome.

Seriously, it's right there in front of you o.0
I ended up cancelling the trade anyway because it says in my rules that I no longer edit trades because I don't have the time.
    -
    she/they | adult | australia | artist | writer
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My name is Boo & I am perpetually tired.
    I have real bad anxiety so I take a while to respond
    to msgs sometimes, sorry!
    -
qhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me