Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby Kari Lion » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:24 am

Celestial-Jadewolf wrote:A girl wants my Gray Dragon. I forgot I changed my passcode but I kept saying she didn't type it till I went DUH thats the code. But she was offering her eat me dog for my dragon so I decided to be nice and canceled the trade saying that her dog was rarer than my dragon. However she sent a trade saying '(passcode here) look through my trades' even though I said offer something in the trade in the rules. She's sent me 4 trades. The 1st time she offered nothing. 2 and 3 she offered the eat me dog and the 4th she offered nothing.
X_X She doesn't have much I want and everything I want is WAY rarer than my dragon. xD

I try not to send trades asking for things beyond the rarity of what I have to offer. HOWEVER, if someone sends the trade to ME asking what I want for it, I have no problem editing in things that are probably worth more (though ususally not a lot more). You never know if they might be willing to part with them, and it can't hurt to ask. And since they are the one wanting one of my pets, I don't feel so bad.
ImageImageImage
Kari Lion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonflight » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:54 am

So... A trade request asking for a bunch of uncommons from February and offering about the same amount of common pets from this month. Their message?

Thank You!

-.-
I am a retired staff member :3 (RIP blue name, Dec. 2008 - Aug. 2012)
Moonflight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nahc-Aros » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:58 am

Moonflight wrote:So... A trade request asking for a bunch of uncommons from February and offering about the same amount of common pets from this month. Their message?

Thank You!

-.-

The nerve of some people >.>
Image Image Image
Pet's name: Rayna
Rayna is my baby (:
Nahc-Aros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adelle » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:17 am

The same person sent me a trade saying: "IVE RED UR RULES!" (The person who said they were Tess)

And I replied:

AND I HAVE READ YOUR MESSAGE. I do not need or want it. This is unfair and I will not trade with you.

XD They wanted my three tailed Moonflight dog for a really common Butter. I wanted to punch something when I saw the trade. XD If they read my rules, they wouldn't of typed that up. :lol:
Note:

Taking a hiatus. Sorry, life's just busy at the moment. Dragonspirit will be taking care of my account while I am away. Dont expect to see me often or for a while.
Adelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight_Shadow18450 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:22 am

Moonflight wrote:So... A trade request asking for a bunch of uncommons from February and offering about the same amount of common pets from this month. Their message?

Thank You!

-.-

Does their name begin with L and have 2 numbers on the end? I just got a similar trade:

My side: 2 may dogs and a yellow Sortic.
Their Side: 4 pets from this month

Any good responces?
Midnight_Shadow18450

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dozy » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:22 am

Kalashin wrote:
Jimmy wrote:Because their happiness is of any value to me? >__>

Even if it were, I traded a july 08 PPS for a halloween dog same year a few months ago, because the user seemed nice... now I found out she left CS... Could have at least traded the PPS back <_<

(Edit: Tried to correct a mistake, my English seems to be not at it's best. :roll: )

The person has a new account. But they have traded the PPS off.
Hi, I'm Elle!
{she/her - adult - ifsp}

I pop on a few times a year. Please be patient with me.

Always looking for trades that include PPS dogs - I collect them

Trading Thread || Offsite Trades

♥️
dozy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JadeiteWren » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:58 am

Nahala wrote:That grey dragon is pretty rare. I'd offer you my eat-me and my drink-me dog for my trades for him, since I'm looking for that one as well.

The worth of a pet usually is determined not only by the owner but also by the offering person. ;) And if they offer...

I think store bought pets are a little too much for the gray dragon but that's just me. :/ Sure it's rare but the store bought eat and drink me are bought with rl money and the rating very rare.
|| I used to be xX-Callisto-Xx, Jaded Avaritia, and Jaedeite. ||
JadeiteWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nahala » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:42 am

I guess we have pretty differing views on that. While I value my store-bought pets very much, I can't help feeling they are worth less than the ones I adopt every month, because I bought them.

Which does not mean I'd trade them away for nothing, I did pay for them after all. ;) But I do measure their worth differently.
Nahala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonflight » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:00 am

Midnight_Shadow18450 wrote:

Thank You!

-.-

Does their name begin with L and have 2 numbers on the end? I just got a similar trade:

Any good responces?

Yep ><
I am a retired staff member :3 (RIP blue name, Dec. 2008 - Aug. 2012)
Moonflight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T. Faulkner » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:26 am

Moonflight wrote:
Midnight_Shadow18450 wrote:Does their name begin with L and have 2 numbers on the end? I just got a similar trade:

Any good responces?

Yep ><

Suggestion:

Cancel message: "You're welcome! ^-^"

Well, hey, what they're thanking you for is completely up to interpretation, right? xD

What I want to know is, what is it about the red crayon dog that makes it such a magnet for trades? Seriously! Every time I send a trade asking what someone would like for a Common dog, it seems the first thing they ask for is the Crayon dog. Note that these are common dogs I'm asking for- like Equimagine's outcome from the Staff pups. The Crayon dog might not be rare, but I'd like to think it's still worth more than that. :/ To think I'm honestly thinking about moving it to my locked Rares group. *facepalms*
Hey mods! I'm merging accounts with Diabolacuna, so I'll be sending all my pets over to her a bit at a time! Thanks for understanding!
T. Faulkner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me