May 2024 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: May 2024 Discussion Thread

Postby Kossen » Fri May 24, 2024 4:47 am

The monthly trade thread quickly gets filled up with the same people bumping posts. I got the more uncommon draft by looking at the currently online users.
ImageImage
Kossen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~SNCastiel<3~ » Fri May 24, 2024 8:28 am

Kossen wrote:The monthly trade thread quickly gets filled up with the same people bumping posts. I got the more uncommon draft by looking at the currently online users.

That's basically the only way I trade too! It's the best method I've found and have been doing it for years with great success. :)

You just need the time and patience to go through the accounts. I don't mind it. ^^
ImageImage

HAD I the heavens' embroidered cloths, enwrought with golden and silver light,
the blue and the dim and the dark cloths of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet. But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.
~William Butler Yeats~
~SNCastiel<3~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Fri May 24, 2024 11:15 am

~SNCastiel<3~ wrote:
Kossen wrote:The monthly trade thread quickly gets filled up with the same people bumping posts. I got the more uncommon draft by looking at the currently online users.

That's basically the only way I trade too! It's the best method I've found and have been doing it for years with great success. :)

You just need the time and patience to go through the accounts. I don't mind it. ^^

If you are using firefox, snaplinks works great for the online list. The online list was where I found the 3 monthly pets I was missing I couldn't get swaps for.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroraFier » Fri May 24, 2024 12:20 pm

Do we have any additional confirmation on what mushrooms the deer are based off of? I know we got confirmation for 2 of them so far. ^-^
2024 Store Item Set - Up For Auction
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4968090&p=145863385#p145863385
🏳️‍🌈 Love Is Love 🏳️‍🌈
AuroraFier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FreddyCenobite » Fri May 24, 2024 1:44 pm

Coming from experience, when you frequently post, you do have better chances… when not looking for harder to find outcomes. Unless you swap harder outcomes with harder outcomes, but that’s also not a guaranteed swap.

I usually try for a while but give up/get bored. I usually go for C$ shops (which aren’t allowed in the monthly swaps thread anyway) or trade elsewhere. It’s a stretch, but I also go in the pound openings. I never need any older pets in the pound and what I do need is never on my screen anyway.

I know this won’t happen, but I wish the monthly swaps had the rule about posting once per hour like during events. They’d last so much longer and waste less posts…
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mysticality » Fri May 24, 2024 5:13 pm

Pet's name: Mohammed
I just… *chefs kiss*
boy why you so gnarp gnarp
Mysticality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Juliamon » Fri May 24, 2024 5:32 pm

Minimanta wrote:
JK341 wrote:Yessss they are season themed after all! hyped about what the autumn outcome's gonna look like too. this guys also getting thrown in my faves lol <3

Are they though? I'm still not convinced. I get it, that's the vibes I initially got from the caterpillar too, but it bothers me SO MUCH that they're out of order on the caterpillar and that they also grow out of order. On the 'pillar they go fall, summer, winter and spring and they grew in that order too from 'pillar to cocoon. Completely random.

The seasons go in a specific set order. Spring, summer, fall, winter. Always. No exceptions. Regardless of which season you start at (doesn't have to start at spring, it's a cycle after all) and even regardless of the northern/southern hemispheres.
Why would you make a litter based on the seasons grow at random? It doesn't make sense and it bothers me way more than it should.
If they are based on the seasons, then I hope they grow in order from 'pillar to adult, starting at winter apparently.

Now that they're all grown I want to circle back on this and agree that the growth order for these was really weird. They do still feel like they're the four seasons, but it does feel 'wrong' that they don't follow the traditional sequence for any growth stage. Would love to know if there was a deliberate choice in the order or if it was just "they didn't start out as the seasons but the palettes just happened the way they did and it was too late to reorder them?"
she/they, adult
Juliamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Fri May 24, 2024 6:16 pm

Haha yeah those BFWs are a little bit frustrating. To make it worse mine aren't sitting in the right order either! But at least I managed to make them go in some kind of order... I just have to start in Autumn. And they go backwards.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Doglike » Fri May 24, 2024 7:58 pm

Juliamon wrote:
Minimanta wrote:
JK341 wrote:Yessss they are season themed after all! hyped about what the autumn outcome's gonna look like too. this guys also getting thrown in my faves lol <3

Are they though? I'm still not convinced. I get it, that's the vibes I initially got from the caterpillar too, but it bothers me SO MUCH that they're out of order on the caterpillar and that they also grow out of order. On the 'pillar they go fall, summer, winter and spring and they grew in that order too from 'pillar to cocoon. Completely random.

The seasons go in a specific set order. Spring, summer, fall, winter. Always. No exceptions. Regardless of which season you start at (doesn't have to start at spring, it's a cycle after all) and even regardless of the northern/southern hemispheres.
Why would you make a litter based on the seasons grow at random? It doesn't make sense and it bothers me way more than it should.
If they are based on the seasons, then I hope they grow in order from 'pillar to adult, starting at winter apparently.

Now that they're all grown I want to circle back on this and agree that the growth order for these was really weird. They do still feel like they're the four seasons, but it does feel 'wrong' that they don't follow the traditional sequence for any growth stage. Would love to know if there was a deliberate choice in the order or if it was just "they didn't start out as the seasons but the palettes just happened the way they did and it was too late to reorder them?"

I'm gonna be so honest with you all and say I did not think this far ahead 😂 I made a fun seasons litter and that was as far as my thought went, I didn't think much about how the colors were laid out on the caterpillars or when they would grow up. I'm sorry to disappoint!
╔═════════════════════════════════════╗
INFJ | He/Him | Web + Graphic Designer | CS Artist
───────────────────────
Hi! I'm Doglike. I like napping, tea, and plants.

───────────────────────
FR | ART SHOP | TRADES | 🌼 🦔 🦌
╚═════════════════════════════════════╝
Doglike
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me