Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby clm » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:33 pm

What you guys are discussing was pretty crummy. It's in the trade message. If they'd left that blank, or polite even, then it would still have been a crummy trade but you could have given the other player slightly more slack.

Now on to me :P

I'm here not to rant about someone else, but to rant about myself. I was on this thread yesterday and heard the term "ninja trading" and that the DPA does it. Thought to myself, I think I know what that means (missed the definition, lol) so I went through the members list and sent some trades to older members that hadn't posted to the forums.

I didn't offer any pets, just left a message of "look through my trades".

Got a response back. For their 08 dog, they'd like a 2nd gen. :|

Unrelated to this trade, I asked my sister to look at a trade I was sent (no previous contact). They were offering way over the price for a Halloween dog. She said not to accept, to edit to make it fairer. And when I mentioned the above trade, she said "tell them to pick at least a couple more dogs!".
She actually seemed more upset at the trade sent to me than the 08 trade. Not sure why, neither of the other people were new players, after all.

Anyways, I've succeeded in making myself feel horrid! :( :?

So that was my confession.
Image Image
ImageImageImage.
clm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lupine Moon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:40 pm

@ Seasonal: Honestly the nerve...Some people on here, just think they can scam someone because they are a newbie -.- And that is just rude, and pathetic. Just the way they worded it...ugh, so sugar sweet, but they definitely had ulterior motives.
I would also say, that if the person sent the trade to me, and it was an uncommon for a more rare-er pet, I wouldn't have a problem accepting. They sent it...I don't send them. xD If they don't want it, that's fine.. Anyway, ending rant.
(Oh like when someone scammed me out of my ice PPS when I had just joined...yes, I'm still mad...)
Every mile, a memory
Every song, another scene
Like some old movie going back in time, you and me♫
-In Loving Memory Of Chloe-
My Black Lab Baby

ImageImage

<3 It's people like you that make me love life iBrevity...I'll never forget your kindness <3
Lupine Moon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:06 pm

Just look at the attatchment. -headdesk-
That has to be the 10th offer on my Tess 19th Birthday pets.
Attachments
bad trade.png
bad trade.png (214.34 KiB) Viewed 67 times

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IORG101 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:37 pm

There's a huge difference between ninja-trading and trying to scam folks.

I felt like I was being scammed when I was searching for a green glitter pup last month and someone wanted my cerberus for one. Another person wanted my only grey dragon for one.

Both trades were cancelled and it took a lot of restraint not to strangle someone...and I've been on here since mid-September 2008.
IORG101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T. Faulkner » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:04 pm

Really. :/ Ninja trading's not a big deal. What's with everyone bringing it up suddenly?

Anyways, I feel bad for that newbie who had gotten the UR Banana this month through a glitch. Despite the advice of several players in a thread regarding the topic, who all told her not to trade it for anything, she wound up trading it away... as far as I can tell, for a Nick Uni, a Red Grinner, a red X dog, a Joker, and a couple of others. :/ Isn't it worth a lot more? I know all those people on the thread were telling her it was, but my friend says the poor girl was probably getting a thousand PMs from scammers telling her it wasn't actually that rare, to convince her to accept it for less.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?
Hey mods! I'm merging accounts with Diabolacuna, so I'll be sending all my pets over to her a bit at a time! Thanks for understanding!
T. Faulkner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acciobadger » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:15 pm

strayscream wrote:Really. :/ Ninja trading's not a big deal. What's with everyone bringing it up suddenly?

Anyways, I feel bad for that newbie who had gotten the UR Banana this month through a glitch. Despite the advice of several players in a thread regarding the topic, who all told her not to trade it for anything, she wound up trading it away... as far as I can tell, for a Nick Uni, a Red Grinner, a red X dog, a Joker, and a couple of others. :/ Isn't it worth a lot more? I know all those people on the thread were telling her it was, but my friend says the poor girl was probably getting a thousand PMs from scammers telling her it wasn't actually that rare, to convince her to accept it for less.

Apparently, she traded it to a friend. Or so I heard...
Hello~
I'm acciobadger, but you may call me Wolfie. Most people do.
If you play FlightRising, all of my pet groups are open to trade for FR currency.
c:

acciobadger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T. Faulkner » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:18 pm

Wolfwhisperer007 wrote:
strayscream wrote:Really. :/ Ninja trading's not a big deal. What's with everyone bringing it up suddenly?

Apparently, she traded it to a friend. Or so I heard...

I hope that was the case. *le sigh*
Hey mods! I'm merging accounts with Diabolacuna, so I'll be sending all my pets over to her a bit at a time! Thanks for understanding!
T. Faulkner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowRose17 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:13 pm

.. Please don't bring that situation back up. Everyone got so railed up, and both parties where happy. So it really was nothing to be riled up about. Can we please not turn the Trade rant thread into drama city by bringing up something that is over and done? =\
ShadowRose17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madame Butterfly » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:09 pm

She traded to a friend. ^^ It's just pixel pets guys, calm down.
Madame Butterfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pastry » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:12 pm

strayscream wrote:Anyways, I feel bad for that newbie who had gotten the UR Banana this month through a glitch. Despite the advice of several players in a thread regarding the topic, who all told her not to trade it for anything, she wound up trading it away... as far as I can tell, for a Nick Uni, a Red Grinner, a red X dog, a Joker, and a couple of others. :/ Isn't it worth a lot more? I know all those people on the thread were telling her it was, but my friend says the poor girl was probably getting a thousand PMs from scammers telling her it wasn't actually that rare, to convince her to accept it for less.

Wow, I totally missed all of that. lol
And missed getting the glitchy Banana. lol
ImageImage
Watch Me Grow! wrote:Image

ImageImage
Pastry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes